Pittsburgh Media Thread - The worst of the worst

Status
Not open for further replies.

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
You know.. a bunch of us get crushed for praising Dumo and the stat watchers just point to no goals/assists. This is the type of hockey talk we need. Thank you, @Jesse . That's such an underrated facet of the game.

That is one thing that bothers me most is when point total is the main argument against a player. That is why the Pens HF board is a must follow for me. Vast majority understand that it is not just points!!

Reactions: ColePens

Rusty Razor

Jun 25, 2017
[noparse]926087253868281857[/noparse]

I have no idea who this clown is, but wow... The obsession with that utter catastrophe of a franchise in this city amazes me.

Rusty Razor

Jun 25, 2017
I'm guessing that King guy? Was moaning about the Penguins.

Yeah that was it. I tried to embed the tweet but it obviously failed. The jist of it was "People criticize the pirates too much, but they ignore the penguins playoff failures". Then he went on to say they were boring because Crosby and Malkin were too good?

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
I don’t get why a certain group of people find the need to stooge for the Pirates.

The team literally hasn’t won a playoff series since 1979.

Reactions: Badfish87

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Kinda weird for someone to solely focus on a medium-sized city’s sports beat writer gossip and nothing else. None of my business though.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Kinda weird for someone to solely focus on a medium-sized city’s sports beat writer gossip and nothing else. None of my business though.
Ok? Not sure why that shot was necessary. That’s what happens when you’re retired and always on Twitter. But that’s false anyway - you’ll find plenty of my posts are about Penn State, the Steelers and the Penguins.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Ok? Not sure why that shot was necessary. That’s what happens when you’re retired and always on Twitter. But that’s false anyway - you’ll find plenty of my posts are about Penn State, the Steelers and the Penguins.
don't pay attention to personal shots, i too kind of like chiming on those issues from time to time...so keep them posting...

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
The city of Vancouver peed in DK’s Cheerios.

Out of curiosity I checked his twitter feed to see what he said about Vancouver. And geez... what the hell? Is there some background behind this? Simply being an asshole troll?

As a local, I'm not particularly offended by his vitriol towards my city... just confused.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I don’t get why a certain group of people find the need to stooge for the Pirates.

The team literally hasn’t won a playoff series since 1979.

I just wish they sold the team to Burkle, it's a disaster of a team year after year. It's so hard to watch them and get hyped up. I can't imagine the fans that have been fans for like 4 decades that are still hopeful, I've been a fan for a very long time but even now it's so casual, I don't know if I have the right to be considered a Pirates fan.

The city of Vancouver peed in DK’s Cheerios.

Because the fans here, honestly, are assholes. They genuinely are misinformed about literally any team but their own and even when speaking about their own, they seem so incredibly misinformed. I've been living here for 4 years (1st year was more flying back and forth to see my gf).

Their sports talk shows on the radio are...like Rossi, if he was a Canucks fan, he'd probably be their best media guy, that's how moronic it is. It's not me speaking from just hatred out of nowhere, their fans just suck.

This is a fan base that riots when they lose in the finals, twice in 94 and 2010 I think it was, like that mentality is there even now when they win or lose, they're just dicks to people.

Oilers fans are annoying, sure.
Canucks fans are just flat out assholes.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

And a rare Malkin interview.

Watching that, I didn't know that before he signed his latest contact, he debated maybe going to a different team to be a Superstar for that franchise. I didn't know that thought crossed his mind as often as he mentioned and that it still does.

That worried be a little.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Watching that, I didn't know that before he signed his latest contact, he debated maybe going to a different team to be a Superstar for that franchise. I didn't know that thought crossed his mind as often as he mentioned and that it still does.

I think that should come natural to any star. Realistically Sid will be the focal point. I don't think it's even a question that Geno would immediately be in the NHL's top 100 if he was the star for a different team. And who knows.. maybe one day he doesn't immediately go into the HOF for the same dumb reason. So the guy sacrifices a lot of individual accomplishments simply because he wants to make the team the best possible team.

But from a star's perspective, in any sport, I think it crosses their mind normally no matter what.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I think that should come natural to any star. Realistically Sid will be the focal point. I don't think it's even a question that Geno would immediately be in the NHL's top 100 if he was the star for a different team. And who knows.. maybe one day he doesn't immediately go into the HOF for the same dumb reason. So the guy sacrifices a lot of individual accomplishments simply because he wants to make the team the best possible team.

But from a star's perspective, in any sport, I think it crosses their mind normally no matter what.

If this was the NBA, he would have already left to another team, thank god Geno is a guy that prioritizes team accomplishments more than individual fame.

Reactions: Peat

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
No longer a subscriber to DK's site.

Josh is gone, and Gajtka is an insufferable SJW douche. Add DK's insufferable trolling of an entire city because he can't let go of the ass kicking he got on twitter from Vancouver citizens TWO YEARS AGO.

If I ever run into Gajtka in Montreal, I'm going to ask him to a fight.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Hell, hate DK all you want, but he's got a point there. And if you're supporting the Athletic because you want high-quality journalism, their approach is going to provide the exact opposite.

****, this sucks because I was actually kinda liking the Athletic before this.

This +1.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ

If the world was a fair, just, and logical place, Geno would receive instant legend status for that honesty and selflessness.

But the world is not. And thus, we have to endure people like Madden shredding Malkin for made up controversies for the near future.

Dread Pirate Roberts

Jul 2, 2008
Mountain West

If this was the NBA, he would have already left to another team, thank god Geno is a guy that prioritizes team accomplishments more than individual fame.

To put it in more relatable terms, everyone thinks about doing things that they don't end up doing.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad