Pittsburgh Media Thread - The worst of the worst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
No longer a subscriber to DK's site.

Josh is gone, and Gajtka is an insufferable SJW *****e. Add DK's insufferable trolling of an entire city because he can't let go of the ass kicking he got on twitter from Vancouver citizens TWO YEARS AGO.

If I ever run into Gajtka in Montreal, I'm going to ask him to a fight.
Lmao, that’s the spirit. We need more of that in this thread.

Audrey is literally the only one that keeps me aboard right now. I’m hanging on by a thread.

SwordofStMichael

Apr 4, 2013
No longer a subscriber to DK's site.

Josh is gone, and Gajtka is an insufferable SJW *****e. Add DK's insufferable trolling of an entire city because he can't let go of the ass kicking he got on twitter from Vancouver citizens TWO YEARS AGO.

If I ever run into Gajtka in Montreal, I'm going to ask him to a fight.

Agree.
They are losing subscibers now, I think for the first time ever their number week-to-week are (roughly) 15-20 subscribers less.
The driving factor was the loss of Yohe, the nail was the loss of Kaboly.
It is exceedingly clear from DK's and Gajtka's tweets, articles and podcasts over the last month they have changed their focus to include crusading for their ideological agenda.

1) they feel comfortable enough with their "lock" on the Penguins/hockey fanbase they can assign anyone to that beat
2) they are going in overdrive belatedly kissing the ass of any & all Steelers bloggers & messageboards in order to grow that subscriber fanbase
3) they feel in order to get the next 10,000+ subscribers they need to focus heavily on the college age and millennial demographic, especially "diverse" demo's
3a) because of that whole "crusading for their ideological agenda" thing they focus on the small central Pittsburgh blue-bubble neighborhoods and don't even consider the huge red-state in the surrounding suburbs.

A prime example of all of this was been borne out in how they flip-flopped opinions on two major DK whipping-boy cornerstones: the NFL and ESPN
Suddenly they are defending the NFL and ESPN losing millions of viewers and subscribers? Wow!
What happened in late-September that put the spotlight on NFL & ESPN ratings? What is DK and Gajtka's opinion on the person that turned on the spotlight? So they take the opposite opinion?

They are both constantly, along with a huge number of the sports media, tweeting about honesty & integrity of journalism and yet they are all SILENT about the NFL and it's TV partners ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, ESPN, boycott televising the national anthem protests. That was the NFL and TV partners solution, they simple turned the cameras away. Where was the backlash?

Even the great independent DK was silent about it. That's when I realized he was a lying hypocrite.
He will probably be tweeting about Veterans Day and offering a special discount this week. F*** him. His actions the last few weeks belie his true scumbag fraud colors.

Reactions: Kip Drordy

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
Agree.
They are losing subscibers now, I think for the first time ever their number week-to-week are (roughly) 15-20 subscribers less.
It is exceedingly clear from DK's and Gajtka's tweets, articles and podcasts over the last month they have changed their focus to include crusading for their ideological agenda.

To be fair, I don't read their site much anymore, but I'm surprised to hear someone say that DKPS is ideological, since everything I've read has indicated that they prefer to stay out of political debates. Can you point to a specific post that you find particularly ideological? I'm having a hard time believing this.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Agree.

1) they feel comfortable enough with their "lock" on the Penguins/hockey fanbase they can assign anyone to that beat
2) they are going in overdrive belatedly kissing the ass of any & all Steelers bloggers & messageboards in order to grow that subscriber fanbase
3) they feel in order to get the next 10,000+ subscribers they need to focus heavily on the college age and millennial demographic, especially "diverse" demo's
3a) because of that whole "crusading for their ideological agenda" thing they focus on the small central Pittsburgh blue-bubble neighborhoods and don't even consider the huge red-state in the surrounding suburbs.

A prime example of all of this was been borne out in how they flip-flopped opinions on two major DK whipping-boy cornerstones: the NFL and ESPN
Suddenly they are defending the NFL and ESPN losing millions of viewers and subscribers? Wow!
What happened in late-September that put the spotlight on NFL & ESPN ratings? What is DK and Gajtka's opinion on the person that turned on the spotlight? So they take the opposite opinion?

They are both constantly, along with a huge number of the sports media, tweeting about honesty & integrity of journalism and yet they are all SILENT about the NFL and it's TV partners ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, ESPN, boycott televising the national anthem protests. That was the NFL and TV partners solution, they simple turned the cameras away. Where was the backlash?

Even the great independent DK was silent about it. That's when I realized he was a lying hypocrite.
He will probably be tweeting about Veterans Day and offering a special discount this week. F*** him. His actions the last few weeks belie his true ******* fraud colors.

Great post

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
if you are whining about THE dk on pittsburgh sports apparently having some political agenda that offends you you're kind of a joke

I for one don't know or care what side of the political spectrum DK and his folks are on, but I do find it annoying to be constantly hearing a bunch of non-sports nonsense, be it complaining about competitors or ex-employees, or what have you. I come to sports sites to get away from the crush of political rhetoric and other various internet complaining, I don't need to get more of it (from any viewpoint) from the individuals I'm paying to provide me sports content.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
And on that note, Gajtka promoted to lead on Penguins’ beat. Top beat in the city.

He’s DK’s protege. And had anyone even heard of him before DK?

zero8771

Jun 15, 2012
And on that note, Gajtka promoted to lead on Penguins’ beat. Top beat in the city.

Who cares. He'll go down with the ship or leave when he gets sick of donkey kongs temper tantrums

turd

Feb 1, 2013

I never had. I don’t really enjoy his writing either so I’ll probably just ignore most of the stuff he puts out. The analytics stuff just puts me to sleep.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
Also, it’s been pretty comical reading the comments on his site lately. Lots of people are seeing between the lines. The turnover of employees, the handling of this Pens beat thing, etc. Lots of negativity met with the expected condescending responses you’d expect from DK. He’s such a clown.

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
If this was the NBA, he would have already left to another team, thank god Geno is a guy that prioritizes team accomplishments more than individual fame.

A bit of apples and oranges. In the NBA, at most there are 10 guys who play during a game and they play 75%+ of the total minutes. In the NHL, more players per game and if someone plays over 33% of the game it seems like a lot. Just putting it in comparison, in the NBA being a second fiddle will get you way less opportunities than the same position in the NHL.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Madden's letting his inner fanboy show with his defense of Letang on the top PP unit.

He seemed to be fighting with everyone on on his twitter timeline who were suggesting Letang should be removed from the top unit in favor of Schultz.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Madden's letting his inner fanboy show with his defense of Letang on the top PP unit.

He seemed to be fighting with everyone on on his twitter timeline who were suggesting Letang should be removed from the top unit in favor of Schultz.

I mean, the ideal PP here in my opinion would be something like Kessel - Crosby - Hornqvist Letang - Schultz

CertifiedLurker

Aug 13, 2016
Oh, Letang is a bad passer now also?

I love those endless pass back and forth plays to the exact same person 5 times in a row, very obviously fake a shot and then pass it again right before shooting it directly into the shins of the guy in front of him after receiving a pass back for the sixth and final time.

Don't even get me started on how much I like his one touch pass attempts that result in a turnover.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Oh, Letang is a bad passer now also?
His passes on the powerplay are too hard to one time even if they’re in the receiver’s wheel house, which they rarely are.

He should take what the opposition gives him (a key component of “puck distribution” in my opinion) but instead lets the PKers dictate and force his hand. He also misuses the shot fake by actually taking the shot after the fake, after the PKers have gotten in the shooting lanes. It’s astounding that a moron like me can see this but an elite athlete like Letang cannot.

He’s not the worst PP point man in the league but he’s definitely far from the best option on this team right now.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
The frustration with Letang as a QB is compounded, at least from my point of view, by the fact that the Pens have one of the better power play qb's in recent history right there on the coaching staff.

Gonchar certainly can't 'coach' a player to have his finesse or his instinctive powerplay IQ but he can certainly coach some of the things that Jacob mentions above. We're going to assume either the staff isn't identifying this stuff or Letang isn't listening. Or the third most likely option, which is that the staff has talked to him about this, Letang is not making any deliberate effort to ignore the coaching, but just simply that he gets out there on the ice and can't process it all in the necessary time frame to pull it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad