Pittsburgh Media Thread - Still the Worst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
this.....it seems like this how our front office works.....we are going to trade phil, so lets bash him a little in the press so we don't anger any fans.

Except when Cook says trade Malkin, right? How many reporters said trade MAF in his day? Cook said they should trade Kessel last year.

The f*** should I believe Madden for?

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
He’s dumb enough to believe that IQ scores can’t change even over many decades.

I believe the highest possible IQ score is 162. Madden however truly transcends the human species with his “tested” IQ of 166

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Your IQ goes down with age and likely with a severe lack of exercise and nutrition, which is Madden. Anyways, geniuses can be lying bastards.

Rusty Razor

Jun 25, 2017
Madden talked about trading Malkin for a while.

I remember for a short time he was on the "they should have traded Malkin and kept Staal" wagon. The argument was that Malkin played the same style as Crosby and Staal could play the shutdown role as the 2C.

Rusty Razor

Jun 25, 2017
Madden does understand the game, at least when it comes to the penguins. He doesn't watch the rest of the league much. I still remember his "Jamie fricken Benn? Who is Jamie Benn?" rant when Benn scored to beat USA in the olympics. He won the Art Ross a year later.

The problem is telling where his schtick stops. He can give a good take, but he also loves to troll yinzers, and sometimes its hard to tell when he is trolling.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
I believe him re Pens, though he does have some obvious anti-Malkin bias. And pro-Fleury. But when MAF sucked, he said so.
He's too lazy to give good analysis of other teams.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Shelly Anderson seemed to take it personal that people were accusing the local media of making things up for clicks.

I think that's the first time she's offered her opinion on anything.

I understand her defending co workers.

But the fact she said professional journalists never stretch the truth, write with bias, or put out things as rumors when they dont have solid sources, is bullshit.

FlightlessBird

Nov 5, 2005
Pittsburgh
Benz is having a breakdown over this Kessel thing and fans.

There’s more on his timeline, along with his replies to people commenting on his tweets. So professional.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

There’s more on his timeline, along with his replies to people commenting on his tweets. So professional.

Thanks Tim for reminding me why I can’t stand you!!!

I’m amazed at his ego. He’s a nobody but gets off on belittling fans. At least Madden has accomplished something.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
From reading this thread I wonder, is there anyone in the Pittsburgh market worth reading?

I love JBomb but he’s been pretty quiet lately. He and Bill West were a good combo and when Triblive radio was still a thing and Tim Benz wasn’t on it, it was pretty awesome. I think Mackey is the best of the rest although I don’t have the Athletic so maybe Yohe is doing good work now. He always annoyed me when he was a beat at the Trib

Reactions: Rudy Russo

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
Thanks Tim for reminding me why I can’t stand you!!!

I’m amazed at his ego. He’s a nobody but gets off on belittling fans. At least Madden has accomplished something.
Wow! Some of the egotistical Pittsburgh media are easy triggered over the "Kessel trade rumors" stories they wrote this Memorial Day weekend.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018

Oh no people don’t trust media that has no incentive to tell the truth and be objective. What a f***ing baby.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I love JBomb but he’s been pretty quiet lately. He and Bill West were a good combo and when Triblive radio was still a thing and Tim Benz wasn’t on it, it was pretty awesome. I think Mackey is the best of the rest although I don’t have the Athletic so maybe Yohe is doing good work now. He always annoyed me when he was a beat at the Trib
one thing I like is pgh hockeynow, these guys really try. sometimes their takes are stupid, but they are the only game in town, other than jesse for Atlantic that actually carefully watch games and try to understand whats going on, everyone else including Mackey (who is beat and works really hard) just parrot whatever the current prevailing opinion is...

I remeber whe the Dan Kingerki or whatever his name was went to detroit two years ago for the New Years Eve game, he was the only one present there, ir eally appreciated, I just don't see how this si sustainable business

Reactions: Shady Machine

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Honestly, he's not wrong. I don't like Benz, but I actually think he has a valid point here. I think the media was being absurdly petty about Kessel not speaking at the end of the season, but the criticisms that are thrown their way because they're saying Pittsburgh might move Kessel is uncalled for.

I think the issue between the media and the fans right now are that the fans are understandably linking the media being mad at Kessel for not speaking at the end of the year to these rumors.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I remember for a short time he was on the "they should have traded Malkin and kept Staal" wagon. The argument was that Malkin played the same style as Crosby and Staal could play the shutdown role as the 2C.
And he thought that Malkin didn't want to play 2nd fiddle behind Crosby, and that his cap hit was depriving Crosby of wingers that could accentuate his production.

Even the guys that have inside knowledge of the Pens don't have much knowledge of the league as a whole. They think there are numerous Kessel-like players in Kessel-like situations that can be swapped. Like the people that thought there'd be infinite destinations for Fleury but couldn't name them.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Honestly, he's not wrong. I don't like Benz, but I actually think he has a valid point here. I think the media was being absurdly petty about Kessel not speaking at the end of the season, but the criticisms that are thrown their way because they're saying Pittsburgh might move Kessel is uncalled for.

I think the issue between the media and the fans right now are that the fans are understandably linking the media being mad at Kessel for not speaking at the end of the year to these rumors.

I don’t read twitter so I guess I don’t see all the shit he’s talking about but the generalization of the fan base drives me nuts and that dude is an arrogant nobody that thinks he’s Gods greatest gift to sports journalism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad