GDT: Round 1 - Game 3 - Winnipeg Jets @ Colorado Avalanche - Friday, April 26th, 2024 - 9:00pm CDT - CBC - CJOB/Power 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Avs are a good team. Most goals scored in the regular season and they finished right behind us.

I'm not sure why people think that it's going to be easy to force them to play the game we want to play. They have one of the best (if not the best at times) players on the planet. A top 5 in the league d man

They get a say in how the series is played. So far, they've gotten their way but it's still tied 1-1

if we're gonna go on a run, there will be plenty of games these playoffs that we lose or win ugly. If you're not comfortable with that, maybe find a new hobby

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Thanks for the GDT @macmaroon !

The players know what they need to do.

Go out and execute.

4eac7008cc9c07ca936653dbd9241655bc262076.gifv

b06b336db8f46aff37809da17e9a984b2b229b1c.gifv

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Lets go Jets! I'm hoping to see the April Jets that had the nice winning streak tonight.

Hard Forecheck, a competent breakout that's not just chipping the puck out every time, back pressure on D, staying out of the box, but pressure on the PK if we are on the PK.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
The Avs are stacked with talent up front, lots of firepower, scored a ton in the regular season, the home crowd advantage, really demonstrated a killer power play vs the Jets so far in the series, and tend to own the neutral zone...not to mention shots of support from Sir Gary Galley.

We've got this. :)

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Avs are a good team. Most goals scored in the regular season and they finished right behind us.

I'm not sure why people think that it's going to be easy to force them to play the game we want to play. They have one of the best (if not the best at times) players on the planet. A top 5 in the league d man

They get a say in how the series is played. So far, they've gotten their way but it's still tied 1-1

if we're gonna go on a run, there will be plenty of games these playoffs that we lose or win ugly. If you're not comfortable with that, maybe find a new hobby
I just want us to play better. The Jets C game against the Avs A game has resulted in a tied series.

So imagine what our A game will do to them…

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I just want us to play better. The Jets C game against the Avs A game has resulted in a tied series.

Yup, we have been dummied through two games. We are going to need to have more positive spells with us playing our game to take win and take control of this series. We can't expect to win if we keep getting outplayed to the extent we are.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019

I think you missed the point of my post

Playing your A Game isn't as easy as you make it sound when the other team is elite at getting you to play a reactive style to their game. So let's say we DO play our game... what do THEIR fans say?

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011

Playing your A Game isn't as easy as you make it sound when the other team is elite at getting you to play a reactive style to their game. So let's say we DO play our game... what do THEIR fans say?

I'm pretty sure some of their fans will moan and complain about some players or about coaching. Other of their fans will complain about people complaining or having what they feel are unrealistic expectations. Still others will probably complain about reffing or other intangibles. It's a pro sports forum. Anyone who can't handle different opinions about pro sports in a pro sports forum maybe should find a different place to hang out. :naughty:

Reactions: snowkiddin

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016

I think it’s totally fair to expect them to play better than what they have so far :dunno:

Reactions: Ponds and Jet

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Well the boys need a big win have to come back to Winnipeg at least 2-2. Bones has to get a few key players stepping it up and their is room to make some changes. Cole sitting in the PB IMHO is a waste. Need more offense then get the guy with 19 goals into the lineup. If he gets hot or not he plays well in big games.

kanadalainen

Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
tattooed-shakespeare-mathew-mcfarren.jpg

Not the neutral zone, nor the gilded power plays
Of random Avs, shall outlive this powerful rhyme;
But the Jets shall shine more bright in these contents
Than unswept stone besmear'd with garish time.
When playoff wars shall records overturn,
And broils root out the work of masonry,
Nor Mars his sword nor hockey’s quick fire shall burn
The living record of Jets’ memory.
'Gainst D lapses and all-oblivious enmity
Shall you pace forth; your praise shall still find room
Even in the eyes of all whited out posterity
That wear this NHL out with an earth shattering kaboom.
So, till the judgment that yourself arise,
You live in this, and dwell in HF Jets eyes.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
This is going to be Ultra tough. Colorado absolutely sh$t the bed the last couple of home games of the regular season so they will be incredibly tough to beat in their rink. Without knowing the specific timelines I'm also worried as this series goes on that they may get some help from their injury ranks.

Also side thought... (and I know the answer)
How come Central teams get forced to start at 9pm for TV schedules but when there's a night with two eastern games on neither of them is forced to start later?

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
We'll need to be a lot better working with and without the puck in the Nzone -
Slowing down their attach and creating offense on turnovers is where we can be very good.

If we allow them access to our zone as we have, we'll continue to struggle with their cycle and our exits.
If we expect our D to be the difference makers, we will be in for more of what we have already seen.

Our best players (aside from JoMo) are up front - they are the difference makers - offensively and defensively.
IMO, they need to be on top of them, slow them down and break up plays before they get settled in our Dzone.
We have shown that we can play that type of game

And then maybe Helle can settle in and take care of the rest

kanadalainen

Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Also side thought... (and I know the answer)
How come Central teams get forced to start at 9pm for TV schedules but when there's a night with two eastern games on neither of them is forced to start later?
Its the eternal fate of central teams. Central implies one time zone fits all, in the eyes those who shall not be named. :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Ponds and Jets 31
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad