Pittsburgh Media Thread - Still the Worst

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
The sad thing is, I think Madden is a relatively well connected and intelligent guy. He just knows the money and the hits are in being obnoxious and over-dramatic about everything. Hot takes put more money in your pocket than sensible, intelligent reporting and info.

Reactions: Contender

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
Actually the fact that it's Cook makes me worried it's true. Not because he knows anything - the opposite, he's the laziest reporter in town and has zero inside knowledge.
But he's a name, and if the Pens wanted to feed this story to someone, it could be him.

Madden's response makes me think it's for real.

If this really is just Sully butting heads w Phatty, well, I'm losing regard for Sully.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
The sad thing is, I think Madden is a relatively well connected and intelligent guy. He just knows the money and the hits are in being obnoxious and over-dramatic about everything. Hot takes put more money in your pocket than sensible, intelligent reporting and info.

Yeah. I hate his schtick, but he does know his hockey at least re Pens. He's lazy too re other teams in the league and can't be bothered to watch them, so I don't listen to him when for ex) he says the Olympic Canadien team's D are slow and awful lol.

But locally he's good.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
I wouldn't believe Cook if he told me his last name was Cook.

Nor I. But worried he has been fed this info by the Pens. It's the only way he would have it, unless he made it up out of whole cloth, which I doubt he'd do.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Nor I. But worried he has been fed this info by the Pens. It's the only way he would have it, unless he made it up out of whole cloth, which I doubt he'd do.

I think it's two things, 1) he's going with the "known" narrative and 2) he's lazily re-hashing his columns from after last season.

MM is just trolling for clicks/listeners. He's not as plugged in to the team as many think, or he once was. If he were, our 2nd line center would either be Staal or Brassard.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
this.....it seems like this how our front office works.....we are going to trade phil, so lets bash him a little in the press so we don't anger any fans.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013

It did seem like he was speculating until Madden came out and said he had sources confirming it.

So who knows.

Regardless Cook Blows.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
this.....it seems like this how our front office works.....we are going to trade phil, so lets bash him a little in the press so we don't anger any fans.

Lmao....

They are reading the comments to cook now like. Whoops, sorry Ron.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Madden said on his show today Kessel sucked in the playoffs because he was hurt.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Let's just hope if hes dealt the pens know what they are doing.

Cause If they do and they dont do particularly well next season.

The amount of Monday Morning QBs is going to be astronomical.

I guess the same could be said if they hold onto him and he becomes an actual cancer.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Madden said on his show today Kessel sucked in the playoffs because he was hurt.
And the GM has said the same, and "reporters" and the coach said he wasn't.

According to some around here, the organization wants to be rid of him. Isn't GMJR the talking head for the org? Or is it the coach now?

I'm confused.

Just want to add what I said earlier today: This organization (essentially ownership) absolutely loathes to get rid of players who sell a lot of jerseys and merch.
I find it hard to believe that the organization wants to throw money away over a player who irritates the coaching staff. The big boss irritated coaching staff's to no end back in the day.

Reactions: Hobodrifter

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah that just seems like part of the game. Some players make coaches wanna pull their hair out. And vice versa.

Reactions: canadianguy77

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
[QUOTE="canadianguy77, post: 146307007, member: 3633] Isn't GMJR the talking head for the org? Or is it the coach now?.[/QUOTE]
nah! he likes to put the blame on underlings.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Stop pissing off a guy that just produced 92 points, Sully. Would we have made the playoffs without Kessel? Maybe a wildcard spot?

He’s going to have a short shelf life is this pettiness continues. I know most of the fans will give him a free pass for the next 5 years since we just won 2 cups, but he needs to get his act together if these rumors are true.

I guess we will never know unless he’s traded this summer.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
And the GM has said the same, and "reporters" and the coach said he wasn't.

According to some around here, the organization wants to be rid of him. Isn't GMJR the talking head for the org? Or is it the coach now?

I'm confused.

Just want to add what I said earlier today: This organization (essentially ownership) absolutely loathes to get rid of players who sell a lot of jerseys and merch.
I find it hard to believe that the organization wants to throw money away over a player who irritates the coaching staff. The big boss irritated coaching staff's to no end back in the day.

Theyre not gonna put merch sales over what they think is best for the team.

Theres aleays another name to put on the back of jerseys

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014

He’s a self proclaimed super genius.

Reactions: PENSFAN234

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
He’s dumb enough to believe that IQ scores can’t change even over many decades.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
Actually it's at least as concerning that coach and GM do not seem on the same page here.
Nor were they w Reaves.

Reactions: DegenX
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->