Confirmed Trade: [PIT/VGK] Reilly Smith for 2024 3rd round pick

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
Interesting factoid for the Penguins fans here. Take a look at Smith's career numbers. He is infamous for only putting up decent numbers every other year. It's eerie. Think he finally broke out of that this year so hopefully he will still keep it going.

George and Kelly are f***ing ruthless man. I wonder how Karlsson, Marchessault, and co are going to take the news.

I am concerned about how this impacts Wild Bill's game on the ice. Those two had some incredible chemistry that is going to be tough to replace.

Last edited:

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Hey you don't won cups with loyalty 😭

What if he did?? Or what if he became even better?
What if I won the lottery?

Let's deal with realistic probabilities here.

Looks like they got Barbashev on a great deal. Huge win for the Knights.
I don't know if it's a "great" deal. It's maybe a hair under what he could get on the UFA market.

He's a middle-six winger they're buying high on after the Cup win. We've seen how teams value middle-six wingers...

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
Have been a while since Pens made a deal that sounds fair at least. Thank god Hextall is gone although it happened too late considering core's ages.

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
Leafs should’ve just kept Dubas lmao
Well, we wouldn’t have the third to parlay into Smith because Dubas emptied the cupboards.

Asset management is one thing, bad faith within the organization - now that’s a whole other tier of ugly to unpack another time.

But hey? An empty lmao must be good from time to time right?

Reactions: um

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Well, we wouldn’t have the third to parlay into Smith because Dubas emptied the cupboards.

Asset management is one thing, bad faith within the organization - now that’s a whole other tier of ugly to unpack another time.

But hey? An empty lmao must be good from time to time right?
No tears only dreams now

(lmao)

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Can't complain.. they turned Teddy Blueger who was a healthy scratch for Vegas into a good second line winger, essentially.

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Wow, just like that, after all that celebration and focus on the "Golden Misfits", they ship one of the OGs out next day.

Kind of a questionable look for Vegas but I'm sure won't be too much of a problem with Cup glasses on.

They basically chose Barbashev over him which is understandable. Hill's deal seems like an odd choice now though. Yes only 2 years but if he walks and they go with someone half the cost, could they maybe have figured out a way to keep Smith too?

Reactions: WhataKnight

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Don't be surprised if they deal Marchy while they can still get something for him.

The only way they deal Marchy is if his contract demands are too high and the Knights are way out of a playoff spot by the trade deadline.

Otherwise, the Knights will probably just let him walk as a ufa.

Reactions: ChanceVegas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad