Confirmed Trade: [PIT/VGK] Reilly Smith for 2024 3rd round pick

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
The only way they deal Marchy is if his contract demands are too high and the Knights are way out of a playoff spot by the trade deadline.

Otherwise, the Knights will probably just let him walk as a ufa.

You just know that some total sucker GM will be willing to grossly overpay for the current Conn Smythe champion. Why not cash in while you can?

Reactions: Devonator

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
What if I won the lottery?

Let's deal with realistic probabilities here.

I don't know if it's a "great" deal. It's maybe a hair under what he could get on the UFA market.

He's a middle-six winger they're buying high on after the Cup win. We've seen how teams value middle-six wingers...
Realistic possibilities?? Am just saying if that's the case then why not Vegas trade all their players since you said they might not repeat this type of performance in playoffs ever again. Just assumptions based on what you think might happen rather than anything else.

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
The only way they deal Marchy is if his contract demands are too high and the Knights are way out of a playoff spot by the trade deadline.

Otherwise, the Knights will probably just let him walk as a ufa.

Could see it next year, as you say, if the contract demands are way too high. Playing with Eichel will likely keep inflating his scoring. The longer Marchy stays (with young kids), the more I could see him taking a team friendly deal too though.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Realistic possibilities?? Am just saying if that's the case then why not Vegas trade all their players since you said they might not repeat this type of performance in playoffs ever again. Just assumptions based on what you think might happen rather than anything else.
Please show me where I said Vegas should trade all their players. Please show me where I said no one on Vegas can repeat their performances. I'll wait.

And yes, I think a reasonable assumption would be looking at a guy's career body of work to figure out how they'll perform. That's some important information.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Please show me where I said Vegas should trade all their players. Please show me where I said no one on Vegas can repeat their performances. I'll wait.

And yes, I think a reasonable assumption would be looking at a guy's career body of work to figure out how they'll perform. That's some important information.
They haven't even signed him yet. Let's wait and see what he signs for before throwing him out like smith. Not like there are lots of great UFA options for their 3rd line C. In fact I hope Canucks sign Barbeshev if Vegas doesn't. Would solidify Canucks 3rd line C

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
They haven't even signed him yet. Let's wait and see what he signs for before throwing him out like smith. Not like there are lots of great UFA options for their 3rd line C. In fact I hope Canucks sign Barbeshev if Vegas doesn't. Would solidify Canucks 3rd line C
They signed Barbashev.

Also, still waiting. Please show me.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
I also agree that Barbashev was a difference maker on their playoff run. But the relevant question is how is he going to perform going forward? Will he play like he did in the playoffs, or something closer to his career average?
right in the middle of those two. so a 45ish point two way forward.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
I like how all rival fans feel as tho VGK should just magically keep every single player every year.

This has certainly been a curiosity for us Vegas fans. First, it's not like other teams aren't trading their own pieces around as well. Second, what are we supposed to be, a kinder and gentler rest home for players who are obviously starting to see that sunset into which they will sooner or later be riding off into?

Reactions: ChanceVegas

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
This has certainly been a curiosity for us Vegas fans. First, it's not like other teams aren't trading their own pieces around as well. Second, what are we supposed to be, a kinder and gentler rest home for players who are obviously starting to see that sunset into which they will sooner or later be riding off into?
Sell high, buy... high... :laugh:

We'll they're halfway there.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Wow. Vegas really do not have any loyalty to anyone. :laugh:

Didn't Reilly Smith actually stay on hold for Vegas as a UFA last year just so they could get things done with their Cap situation? Now they just dump him to make room for the latest in a long line of "shiny new toys" in Barbashev? :laugh:

I like it for Pittsburgh though. He should be a good fit with Crosby/Malkin and brings a bit of speed or at least quickness that they're sorely lacking. He's probably gonna have a big year.

Reactions: Son Goku

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
Have to say against Edmonton he was the least impressive forward for Vegas imo.

I'm kind of down that Vegas got rid of him so easily. Vegas knows when to move off players so well, have to hand it to them. I guess we'll see how he fares in Pittsburgh buy I'm going to guess his numbers drop just because I think Vegas knows when to move out the old.

Bowski

That's not how we do things in Pittsburgh
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
He's 33? Must be added to one of the virile top forward lines.
giphy.gif

Or, make GGR 2000:
Garbage/Carter-Granlund-Reilly

Reactions: Gurglesons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad