Confirmed Trade: [PIT/VGK] Reilly Smith for 2024 3rd round pick

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Lets see how bad the backlash is from Vegas fans on this one. I don't think it will be as bad as the Fleury trade, but who knows.

As a Knights fan, i am disappointed. I understand why they are doing it, but trading away players for nothing is getting on my nerves.

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
Lets see how bad the backlash is from Vegas fans on this one. I don't think it will be as bad as the Fleury trade, but who knows.

As a Knights fan, i am disappointed. I understand why they are doing it, but trading away players for nothing is getting on my nerves.

Smith was always a zero personality guy so I don't see this making the waves with the fans that Fleury and Schmidt did. They will still be upset that another misfit is gone though. I also wonder how this impacts Wild Bill since they had some insane chemistry going on from "day freakin one."

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Obviously you're a very sore loser, but it's wroth mentioning that Vegas missed the playoffs entirely in 22-23 because of all their injuries.

And Mark Stone's second back surgery was definitely not pretend.

Right and Marian Hossa's "skin condition" and Corey Crawford's "pad allergies" were totally legitimate.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Probably means Zucker is walking, or else there are moves still to be made with Granlund or Rust. Either way, I am fine with this. Dubas straight up said there were teams looking to offload good players for cap constraints, and he intended to take advantage of that and our cap space to improve the roster. He did. More work to do though.

KaN19

Jun 25, 2023
Dubas leaves the Leafs and suddenly he's the greatest thing since sliced bread because he acquired a player from a team looking to shed cap space. It's not like we've seen similar types of deals happen all week...

Reactions: RomanianLeafs

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Dubas leaves the Leafs and suddenly he's the greatest thing since sliced bread because he acquired a player from a team looking to shed cap space. It's not like we've seen similar types of deals happen all week...

Vegas is talked about more cause they have done this shit a couple of times before.

Fleury for future considerations
Patches for future considerations. Although the Knights probably dodged a bullet here considering his injury and his constant disppearances in the playoffs.
Smith for a 3rd.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Rox Hextall paid a 2nd for Granlund. He also traded a 2nd + 3rd for Jeff Carter and then resigned him with a NMC.

Let the Penguins fans enjoy a good move from a new GM. We have so little anymore.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Vegas is talked about more cause they have done this shit a couple of times before.

Fleury for future considerations
Patches for future considerations. Although the Knights probably dodged a bullet here considering his injury and his constant disppearances in the playoffs.
Smith for a 3rd.
And everyone talking about how gifted a cup the team was.

Everyone saying that hockey is a copycat league and Vegas making different moves than most, and now we get to see the first big Vegas move after the cup instead of with the promise of a cup someday.

Sucks, but it's fine. Pittsburgh is a nice place and Reilly will always be a misfit.

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
Just remember that every team up against the cap trades guys to make space but because it's Vegas they're "ruthless" and "have no loyalty."

The Vegas Derangement Syndrome was already high but a cup win has put it through the roof. Other GM's are finally realizing trading high cap hit players for nothing makes sense.

Barbashev scored 16 points in 23 regular season games and 18 points in 22 post season games. He got bumped down the line up for a while before the playoffs started or he'd be close to a PPG guy. I hate to lose Smith and they will probably be paying more than they should to re-sign Barbashev but due to the age difference it makes sense. Most of the core is on the wrong side of 30.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad