Confirmed with Link: [PIT/OTT/VGK] Brassard/Dunn/Lindberg/3rd for Gustavsson/Cole/1st/3rd for Reaves/4th | VGK ret. 40%

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Are Vegas retaining for both years or just this year? I thought you had to retain for the duration of the contract.
Both, they just worded it badly. They do retain 40% for the rest of the year, but they skipped out the next season part too.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
GMJR: "yeah, we gave up a lot.....but our mandate is to win now........and we gave up futures. Sure those futures could us help 3 to 4 years down the road, but we want to win now."

Also, "Brassard is eager to get here."

"Mike Sullivan knows him. A few other guys here know, He will fit in well."

Sounds like he is also going to hunt for another D. Saying "our D is worse off today with losing Cole."

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
We can. Play armchair GM on cap friendly. I set up next year based on 80 mil with Brassard @ 5 mil. There was room for Horny and the RFA’s. I traded Hunwick for a 7th in 2020 and we had space

That’s retention is almost as big as getting Brassard, tbh. Rust, Jarry, Simon, Sprong, Kuhnhackl, Sheahan and Oleksiak are RFA’s after this season and Hornqvist is a UFA. If he’s willing to come back here even for a less than great contract that 2M could be huge. Ditch Hunwick and they’re cooking with oil.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
GMJR: "yeah, we gave up a lot.....but our mandate is to win now........and we gave up futures. Sure those futures could us help 3 to 4 years down the road, but we want to win now."

That's the f***ing spirit.

HAHAHA you should read the Caps board, they have officially lost their minds over there. Great entertainment.

BRB

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
But he kept Sprong... I mean. I cannot wait to tell people about the JR years. He's unreal.

Sprong is nice insurance in case we lose Horny. And if we don't, he could still help next year depending on how things go, and if not, he's an excellent trade chip to keep in reserve to address holes next year.

So yeah, real nice.

Reactions: ColePens

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Cap is rising by 3 or 4M. Hornqvist.will likely get a 1.5M raise at most. So, yeah.

Honestly, even a 1.5M increase would probably be way too much imo. I mean, I like Hornqvist, but the dude is a 20g, 50pt player and I would hope he understands even that isn't a given if he's not playing with one of Sid/Geno like he usually does. I wouldn't be shocked if we could re-sign him at just a marginal increase.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Can we get our fairy godfather GMGM now to retain on Zucc or Kane? Maybe we could get him to trade for Kane and then trade him to us for a bag of peanuts with 50% retained....

Imagine the scenes if we acquired a defenseman in another three-way trade with Vegas. You'd have actual fatalities from rage-induced cardiac arrests.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
2574lu.jpg

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
That's the ****ing spirit.

BRB

Oh snap *goes down to the bar, pours two fingers of scotch and runs back to laptop*....

LMAO...

People are so mad at GMGM, but I think this is more of a "Hey man, thanks for Fleury..." and that's how I will look at VGK getting involved.

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
Not to be a debbie downer btw, but where does this leave us with Hornqvist? We've got Brass for 3m for two years, but do we have the cap to fit in Horny?
Get your concern but think this is a case of strike while the iron is hot. Meaning go for that 3rd cup.

Reactions: Pancakes

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I guess we have money to go after a better fit winger for Sid.

ZAR/Sheary-Crosby-XXXX
Hagelin-Malkin-Hornqvist
Guentzel-Brassard-Kessel
ZAR/Sheary-Sheahan-Rust

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad