OT - NO POLITICS We’re on to April & May

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I had to wait until I was 40 even though my mom had had a few scares.

My mom had a benign lump removed from her breast at 21 and that's why my then doctor told me to get one at 35. He was kind of surprised my previous doctor hadn't recommended it given the history.

Reactions: Alicat

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Today’s Diagnostic mammogram = clean & clear 2 years after breast cancer!!

Ladies over 40 - don’t forget to get your boobs squished. It’s worth it!!!
This is great news!

I will be moving June 1-June 15, and am looking for a private room ($500-$1000) in the Boston area with access to the T, supermarket, wi-fi, etc. Nothing fancy.

Investigating Roomi, Roomster and other sites.

1] If you or anyone you trust seeks a roommate, please inform.

2] I would appreciate any assistance, insight or information relative to this process. I've been through it many times, with mixed results.

Thank you for any help,

M.
Good Luck! I hope you find a great new place!

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Well this has been a morning already.

My normal commute is 4 miles straight down one road. This morning there was a bad wreck that blocked the road so I unexpectedly had to take a different route. No biggie.

At the next light there are two left turn lanes. There was more traffic than usual and I thought I had maneuvered around to get into the "right hand" left turn lane which is usually shorter. But then I realized I was in the lane going straight. No big deal, I could still get to my destination. So I stayed in that lane and ended up third at the light. Big SUV was first, then a white sedan, then me. So we're sitting, and the light takes forever. Finally turns but the SUV doesn't take off immediately. The lady in front of me somehow doesn't realize that he hasn't moved, takes her foot off the gas and plows right into the back of him. :help: And it was no love tap either, there was a very loud crunch. Thankfully they both went through the intersection and didn't block traffic, and pulled over into a parking lot. I imagine that was an interesting conversation.

Yet another reason why I'm purchasing a dash can soon.

I'm glad it's Friday.

• Wow
Reactions: caz16 and BMC

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
My ad experience on this site is abysmal. I click the embedded hyperlink to open the bruins forum and it instead opens a tab to an advertiser. ridiculous.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
My ad experience on this site is abysmal. I click the embedded hyperlink to open the bruins forum and it instead opens a tab to an advertiser. ridiculous.
Sponsorship is key

Edit: i say this having never paid. So i suck i guess

Reactions: Gee Wally

Johnny Upton

Jul 5, 2003
Boston
IMG_1646.jpeg

I’m a huge ice cream guy and Wegmans all across MA just started selling these. It’s soft serve ice cream in a pouch and I can confirm through scientific testing (as in I tried both flavors) that it’s outstanding! I’m using all my willpower to not go back and buy more.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
only a dollar eh? if the bruins dont turn me off hockey for a bit tomorrow maybe Ill give it a shot. This is my standard browsing experience right now:
View attachment 864200
Yea I don't use a computer much for HF these days but seeing that brings back memories from when I started lurking here as a teenager back in the day lol.

Idk I started becoming a sponsor 9 years ago now and never went back.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Hmm, post number 10,000. That feels momentous. And too many in too short a time perhaps! Feels like I shouldn't waste it yapping about our poor struggling team. But I have nothing really profound to say either. Just, for all the ups and downs, supporting the Bruins here with you all has been grand all the same. Long may it continue!

And here's Tuukka, because our doggy friends and their big puppy eyes are the best.

IMG_20240426_164546087.jpg

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Hmm, post number 10,000. That feels momentous. And too many in too short a time perhaps! Feels like I shouldn't waste it yapping about our poor struggling team. But I have nothing really profound to say either. Just, for all the ups and downs, supporting the Bruins here with you all has been grand all the same. Long may it continue!

And here's Tuukka, because our doggy friends and their big puppy eyes are the best.

View attachment 864227
Preciate ya Aussie!
And you too Tuukka!

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA

View attachment 864227
A bit disappointed that you didn't thank Tuukka for believing in you when you were at 100 posts.

Reactions: GordonHowe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad