Speculation: Pierre-Luc Dubois Mega thread. (LAK frontrunner, but Montreal has circled back)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Jesus chr

Jesus Christ dude imagine being so emotionally invested in a hockey team and feeling the need to reply with dumb takes all over the thread.

Y'know, the post you were replying to was a joke post.

7d1U.gif

• Haha
Reactions: GeorgeJETson

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
Exactly. I blame Dubious for Everything.

First he teased Montreal fans now he prefers LA (according to Dredger). It’s one thing to to jerk around Columbus and Winnipeg but jerk around your home is another.

If I was Montreal I would not want anything to do with Dubois. But I guess for winnipeg he is helping us get the best deal.
Not sure if serious but in case you are... I'm sorry but when did PLD ever actually come out and say anything about Montreal specifically?

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
1) PLD wants to get paid!!!!!

2)He would like to be paid and set up for life in the next few days….

He does not want to take the chance of putting off that payday for over a year and risk getting hurt or affecting his high value that he has right now just to ensure he goes to Montreal.

Winnipeg has 1 year of control and PLD has to play ball to some extent to accomplish his first 2 goals!

It’s all about the $$$…..

Jets have the ability to force him to play 1 more year and delay those 2 goals…. It could be at the expense of any assets at all in return… but they have that power if 1 year of control… A small market has to stand up and exercise their willingness not to pushed around and accept table scraps….

I would like to see this LA deal finalize at the draft on Wed night …. Jets making 3 big splashes and the talk of the town in Nashville!

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
For f***s sake I hope he signs for 8 years cause if he signs for one year you know it's going to be another off season of this.
You’d think the guy would just be happy to settle down with a boatload of cash and get all the drama over with already. Nothing wrong with a shiny new 8 year contract to live on the West coast. Time to go house shopping!!!!!

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
That tweet saying PLD prefers LA is probablyan error made by Dregs. I think Winnipeg prefers the LA package as they're getting back players that can fill their lineup.

I could be wrong
He can live in Montreal in the offseason and make big bucks playing hockey in a market that won't have him under a magnifying glass. Live at the beach during the season.

This is a guy that couldn't handle the Torts pressure. If he doesn't live up to expectations, he wouldn't be able to walk down the streets of Montreal. Here? Nobody would know who he is.

Not a bad gig if you can get it. Playing in a non-hockey crazed market actually seems to fit right in with the current narrative of him as a player and a person.

symbology

Jun 17, 2009
If I were the Kings, I would definitely be using Dubois in a top six role, but I wouldn't have him at centre until one of Kopitar or Danault slip behind him on the depth chart.
My guess (as a Kings fan) is PLD will be the 2nd line center if traded to the Kings. Kings need a 3C. They either go out and get a 3C, or get PLD and move Danault to 3C. It is that simple. I absolutely love Danault as a player. This is not a knock on him at all. This just makes more sense. If the Kings just move PLD to the wing, then they have done nothing to fill their hole at 3C.

I understand your view of the players involved. However, the Kings are trying to put together the best team with the assets they have. To do that, Danault moves to 3C, or the Kings do not get PLD and get another player to fill 2C/3C.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Craig Button on Dubois... he believes Montreal should do what it takes to get him.

"You want to be a competitive team. What are you going to do? Wait three years until your window opens? Your window and opportunity is right now! The Montreal Canadiens should be all over this."

On compensation cost and whether it makes sense to trade Dach for Dubois:

"You're getting a better player. It's EXACTLY what Vegas did. They moved players in and then they moved players out. Pierre-Luc Dubois is a better player than Kirby Dach. So if that's the price to get Pierre-Luc Dubois, the better player, that's the price! You can't sit here and talk about being competitive. You want your young players to be in an environment where they have a chance to win."

See video in below link:

You're unironically quoting Craig Button.

Reactions: Jeune Poulet

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
and what are you basing your assessment on? How are you more tied in than Dreger
Yeah I mean it makes sense why he would prefer LA over Montreal right now really. LA is currently a playoff team on the way up. Montreal has just bottomed out and is hoping to become a playoff team in the next couple years in a really tough division. I am sure he would be happy to play in Montreal...but LA is a pretty attractive option right now to players I would imagine.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Most of this has been harmless banter but it really feels like hes taking it personally or trying to make it personal.

Anyway, someone elses problem.
C'mon, I'm just having fun with this.

It's a hockey forum. This is just banter. Of course, I think we are all invested in being "right" for the brags afterwards. Oh, and uhhh... getting a good deal for your team. :laugh:

Nov 24, 2006
My guess (as a Kings fan) is PLD will be the 2nd line center if traded to the Kings. Kings need a 3C. They either go out and get a 3C, or get PLD and move Danault to 3C. It is that simple. I absolutely love Danault as a player. This is not a knock on him at all. This just makes more sense. If the Kings just move PLD to the wing, then they have done nothing to fill their hole at 3C.
Would be a very good top 3 centre group if that happens. Assuming Kopitar is #1 still.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
All these strongly rumored trades. I think Gary B has put a kabosh on league approvals so he can eliminate the boos by announcing "We have shit ton of trades to announce!!" as he walks on stage.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Jordan Harris was made available by most Habs fan in a deal and he checks lots of boxes

Young
Top4 2way dman
Signed for cheap

Fact is Winnipeg fans are trying to get a younger version of Dubois, which won't happen, and then some.

Habs are not going to trade a 6'3 220lbs C for an older version of a similar player who'll sign for 8 or 9 M
For the umpteenth time, Harris is not a fit on the Jets and cannot/will not be the NHL player the Jets get in return. And is he really a top 4 D man? No he is not.

Replace him with RHD Barron and it makes more sense for the Jets but maybe not for the Habs.

symbology

Jun 17, 2009
Would be a very good top 3 centre group if that happens. Assuming Kopitar is #1 still.
Kopitar has another 1-2 years at 1C, then he will need a replacement. The thought is that could be Byfield (if he pans out), or better yet PLD if he is acquired. What I mean that PLD is better now, and that does not rush QB.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015

montreal re-engages but brisson informs winnipeg and montreal that he most likely will end up in la

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad