Speculation: Pierre-Luc Dubois Mega thread. (LAK frontrunner, but Montreal has circled back)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
PLD is not a charitable player, he is not taking a pay cut this year just to spite the Jets, and anything low enough will be matched and PLD will remain in Winnipeg. If you want to offer sheet far beyond his QO (which is the absolute floor) and give up a 1st+ in compensation, by all means, offer away. Teams other than Vegas don’t mess with Chevy, nobody is going to send a lame offer sheet just to spite him.
Again, in the unlikely scenario that PLD signs a 1 year offer sheet for 6.1m (compensation first and third), Winnipeg would be better off taking the compensation than matching, because they would not be able to trade Dubois for one year, which effectively takes him toUFA. So I guess they would have to weigh the services of an uninterested Dubois for a year vs the draft picks.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
This is not a bad offer too. They could use Beck and Barron in their retool, flip Dvorak and trade pick 31. Might be me that's not high on Vilardi but it's beating Vilardi+Iafallo+2nd.

It's probably where our package is more about future and LAK a bit more present, but I don't think Kent Hughes is trolling Winnipeg with some bad offers

GM's don't troll other GM's, that would be unprofessional & burn bridges that all GM's need at some point in the future potentially.

That being said, Hughes might be offering something he values a lot more then Chevy values, aka Dvorak as a main piece in a trade and Chevy sees very little or any value in Dvorak. One report stated Hughes is offering primarily futures (prospects and picks) based offers to chevy and chevy has little interest in a heavily weighted futures offer so has refused all Habs offers to-date. Which is what I've said in the past, the Habs will have a hard time making any competitive offers if chevy wants a heavy win now weight to the pieces, if chevy changes his mind and is willing to take a heavy futures based offer then that changes things for the Habs

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I don't think an offer sheet comes, but IF one were to be presented, it would be in Winnipegs best interest to take the compensation rather than matching.

If it's a 2nd, it's probably in their best interest to match and try to squeeze some playoff revenue out of the team next year.

If it's a 1st and 3rd level, then yeah, take that and run.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Again, in the unlikely scenario that PLD signs a 1 year offer sheet for 6.1m (compensation first and third), Winnipeg would be better off taking the compensation than matching, because they would not be able to trade Dubois for one year, which effectively takes him toUFA. So I guess they would have to weigh the services of an uninterested Dubois for a year vs the draft picks.
Y’all are thinking about this so one-dimensionally, just like be-a-GM mode. Players are humans. Agents are humans. PLD’s agent, Pat Brisson, is the agent for so many players across the league and won’t destroy a working relationship with Chevy, who is by all accounts an honourable and reasonable man, just to get a crappy one-year deal that is not in his client’s interests. PLD wants to get PAID long-term NOW. He wants to go to a preferred destination NOW. An offer sheet gets neither of those. To suggest it’s remotely possible is silly.

Reactions: Been around

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
If it's a 2nd, it's probably in their best interest to match and try to squeeze some playoff revenue out of the team next year.

If it's a 1st and 3rd level, then yeah, take that and run.
I don't think Dubois signs an OS for 4.2 or whatever it is. But at 6.1ish, for only one year, with the ability to negotiate under a cap that is 5m higher? Maybe.

I'd take the certainty of an 8 year deal personally, unless my employer threatened to lock me out

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Y’all are thinking about this so one-dimensionally, just like be-a-GM mode. Players are humans. Agents are humans. PLD’s agent, Pat Brisson, is the agent for so many players across the league and won’t destroy a working relationship with Chevy, who is by all accounts an honourable and reasonable man, just to get a crappy one-year deal that is not in his client’s interests. PLD wants to get PAID long-term NOW. He wants to go to a preferred destination NOW. An offer sheet gets neither of those. To suggest it’s remotely possible is silly.
Bud, I said in my post its unlikely to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad