Philipp Kurashev Appreciation Thread!

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Ok .. you know who I'm going to compare Kurashev too ... ?
He even looks a little like him ...
... and this is not to say Kurashev is going to be a HOF player or anything
... it's just I see some similarities in body stature and smoothness in how they play.

Stan&Philipp.jpg

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Ok .. you know who I'm going to compare Kurashev too ... ?
He even looks a little like him ...
... and this is not to say Kurashev is going to be a HOF player or anything
... it's just I see some similarities in body stature and smoothness in how they play.

.View attachment 395879
ha ha, yes there are similarities in the looks but also in how they play...

Nice one!

Reactions: crazyhawk

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Nylander coming back and being a legitimate middle six player for us that fits the team's established new MO would be so I credibly huge.

Honestly I think it could elevate our forward group to one of the best in the league, coz it would allow lining up probably the strongest bottom six with a beast 3rd line.

A huge if of course but let's hope. Though if not him we have Reichel coming in, Barratt is waiting on the wings (although not a top six option for now), Kayumov could show he's a second liner, we could even sign someone from Eu. We'd just have to wait a little as opposed to a ready coming Nylander for even maybe this years playoffs.

Love the forward group really. Our biggest need now is a 1D.
don't forget about Alty...he is going to be pushing for a spot next year as well...

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Nylander coming back and being a legitimate middle six player for us that fits the team's established new MO would be so I credibly huge.

Honestly I think it could elevate our forward group to one of the best in the league, coz it would allow lining up probably the strongest bottom six with a beast 3rd line.

A huge if of course but let's hope. Though if not him we have Reichel coming in, Barratt is waiting on the wings (although not a top six option for now), Kayumov could show he's a second liner, we could even sign someone from Eu. We'd just have to wait a little as opposed to a ready coming Nylander for even maybe this years playoffs.

Love the forward group really. Our biggest need now is a 1D.
I'm hoping like crazy that the expansion team take Nylander.

Reactions: pvr

scorehawks

Feb 13, 2021
Back in the day, Hawks traded JR for Alexei Zhamnov and parts. Kursashev skating, stickhandling and vision so similar to AZ.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Back in the day, Hawks traded JR for Alexei Zhamnov and parts. Kursashev skating, stickhandling and vision so similar to AZ.

Kurashev will be better than Zhamnov IMO. Philipps skating is better too but yes there are similarities

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Kurashev will be better than Zhamnov IMO. Philipps skating is better too but yes there are similarities

That's a pretty bold claim. Zhamnov was a damn good player. You really think Kurashev puts up 60-70 points? That was during the Dead Puck Era, too. The equivalent now is basically PPG. I like Kurashev, and I like the optimism, but let's pump the brakes a little bit.

Zhamnov put up 424 points in 528 games. All during the Dead Puck Era. He's pretty criminally underrated. Injuries did him in, more than anything.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
That's a pretty bold claim. Zhamnov was a damn good player. You really think Kurashev puts up 60-70 points? That was during the Dead Puck Era, too. The equivalent now is basically PPG. I like Kurashev, and I like the optimism, but let's pump the brakes a little bit.

Zhamnov put up 424 points in 528 games. All during the Dead Puck Era. He's pretty criminally underrated. Injuries did him in, more than anything.
I think Kurashev will have a better career and I liked Alexi Zhamnov.

Kurashev has 8 points in his his first 15 games I believe

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008

His biggest problem was that he wasn't JR

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Interestingly, the radio guys mentioned how much Kurashev has bulked up between last season and this one. Also heard that about Beaudin. Looks like the trainers helped make a difference for the rookies.

I disagree. He's very lanky. In my view, he didn't hit the gym nearly enough. He used to be much more of a physical force as a junior. I get that maybe his focus was more on speed and skill. Still, he's too soft for my liking. He's just about strong enough to survive out there but it doesn't look like he could dominate physically or punish people with hard hits. Physically, he lost a lot of ground lately. When playing for Lugano, I thought that maybe he was holding back a little in order not to get hurt but this may very well be his new standart.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
I disagree. He's very lanky. In my view, he didn't hit the gym nearly enough. He used to be much more of a physical force as a junior. I get that maybe his focus was more on speed and skill. Still, he's too soft for my liking. He's just about strong enough to survive out there but it doesn't look like he could dominate physically or punish people with hard hits. Physically, he lost a lot of ground lately. When playing for Lugano, I thought that maybe he was holding back a little in order not to get hurt but this may very well be his new standart.

Go watch his post game interview on Twitter or the team's website and look at his arms and shoulders. He is noticeably bulked up.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Go watch his post game interview on Twitter or the team's website and look at his arms and shoulders. He is noticeably bulked up.

I disagree and I think the "official" numbers are wrong. 6'0/190 lbs would be almost exactly me but I'd be surprised if he came anywhere near that. Also, again...his playing style was quite different in juniors and I'm pretty sure it's mostly due to him not being strong enough, maybe also having different priorities. He looks faster though...I give him that. He was never a bad skater but he improved a lot there.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Yeah, its almost like he went from playing against teenagers to very strong grown men.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad