Philipp Kurashev Appreciation Thread!

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
He very well might be ... I'd like to see Kurashev playing C with Kaner and hmmmm ... for some strange reason I can see Entwistle playing LW on that line to have a tough " two zones behind the play " power forward to complement the two silky linemates. left shooting RW and a right shooting LW.

Corrected that typo for you.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Kurashev may have failed to score a goal for Lugano but they've won just 4 of 13 after Kurashev's departure. With Kurashev it was the other way around. With him, they won 9 of 13.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Jean Valjean

Mar 13, 2019
Kurashev may have failed to score a goal for Lugano but they've won just 4 of 13 after Kurashev's departure. With Kurashev it was the other way around. With him, they won 9 of 13.

From Lugano ;-) We loved the guy for his hands and vision. Could have played more physical but I guess he did not want to risk getting injured. I always had the feeling he could perform better on the wing in terms of goal scoring.

We lost many games after he left because of being plagued by Covid, and it was hard to get back after almost 3 weeks without playing (2 weeks without training). We now just won 5 in a row ;-)

wishing him a lot of success :)

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
From Lugano ;-) We loved the guy for his hands and vision. Could have played more physical but I guess he did not want to risk getting injured. I always had the feeling he could perform better on the wing in terms of goal scoring.

We lost many games after he left because of being plagued by Covid, and it was hard to get back after almost 3 weeks without playing (2 weeks without training). We now just won 5 in a row ;-)

wishing him a lot of success :)

I would expect to see him on the Swiss Olympic team, no?

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
The Hagel-Kurashev-Suter third line is going to be fun to watch in this year’s playoffs

Yeah Hagel and Kurashev are awesome together. Speed overload. I don't know if Suter is the best fit there (but could be easily), I kinda think he's also better at center than wing, but something has to give.

We have too many damn centers lol. What was the last time we could say that?

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Yeah Hagel and Kurashev are awesome together. Speed overload. I don't know if Suter is the best fit there (but could be easily), I kinda think he's also better at center than wing, but something has to give.

We have too many damn centers lol. What was the last time we could say that?
If you have Hagel-Kurashev together you need a Goal Scorer on that line IMO, that could be Suter/Kubalik/FA next year?

Reactions: Muffinalt

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
If you have Hagel-Kurashev together you need a Goal Scorer on that line IMO, that could be Suter/Kubalik/FA next year?

Debrincat-Dach-Kane
Kubalik-Toews-Janmark
Hagel-Kurashev-Suter
xx-Kampf-xx

that’s how I would predict a healthy lineup, as of right now. (Strome tried to grab onto Cat-Dach-Kane rocket to the moon, he didn’t make it)

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Debrincat-Dach-Kane
Kubalik-Toews-Janmark
Hagel-Kurashev-Suter
xx-Kampf-xx

that’s how I would predict a healthy lineup, as of right now. (Strome tried to grab onto Cat-Dach-Kane rocket to the moon, he didn’t make it)
ya I don't mind that, not sure that Janmark gets resigned though...but perhaps but I will go on with who is signed... I would make a slight alteration...

Debrincat-Dach-Kane
Suter-Toews- Nylander
Hagel-Kurashev-Kubalik
xx-Kampf-xx

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
I like that idea if Nylander comes back showing he can work harder

Nylander coming back and being a legitimate middle six player for us that fits the team's established new MO would be so I credibly huge.

Honestly I think it could elevate our forward group to one of the best in the league, coz it would allow lining up probably the strongest bottom six with a beast 3rd line.

A huge if of course but let's hope. Though if not him we have Reichel coming in, Barratt is waiting on the wings (although not a top six option for now), Kayumov could show he's a second liner, we could even sign someone from Eu. We'd just have to wait a little as opposed to a ready coming Nylander for even maybe this years playoffs.

Love the forward group really. Our biggest need now is a 1D.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad