OT: Philadelphia 76ers: Taking Our Talents To The Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
You’re giving up Dario and Fultz plus.
I disagree. The Spurs are not in a position of strength for two major reasons. Leonard is/will basically forcing his way out. Teams most likely won't give up anything to trade for Leonard without an extension agreed to first which limits trade partners and makes a major bidding war less likely. James and PG13 being available as free agents without having to give up assets to get is also a factor. Fultz OR Dario, 10, 26, and another asset (future first?) should be enough to get the deal done.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I think it is likely the Sixers package both picks and another roster player in a Leonard type deal. Colangelo pretty much implied as much saying they have to consider how they would fit the picks on the roster. The 2nd rounders will be draft and stash as well as dealt. This next push by Colangelo is going to be critical for this team going forward. This is where the rubber hits the road or the rubber breaks...I still don't have full confidence in Colangelo with trades. He seems pretty good with assessing Euro talent in pickups and drafting....but I don't think he is as shrewd and calculating as Hinkie. I don't want to trade Saric as he is that glue guy workhorse you need come playoffs. He did well as we saw down the stretch and in the playoffs. I hope he is not packaged....

Reactions: Ruck Over

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Given the Sixers history with injuries to their top draft picks I think they might think twice before drafting Porter Jr. If he's available at 10 that would be worrying.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Given the Sixers history with injuries to their top draft picks I think they might think twice before drafting Porter Jr. If he's available at 10 that would be worrying.
He would fit right in. I doubt he is there though. Looked at several mocks and he never makes it to them and goes anywhere from 3-8.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
He would fit right in. I doubt he is there though. Looked at several mocks and he never makes it to them and goes anywhere from 3-8.

He's be great but if the Sixers draft him he's guaranteed to miss most if not all of his first season. You know that, right?

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Hypothetical exercise here. Let's just assume the cost for Kawhi ends up being ONE OF Fultz OR Saric, the 10th and 26th overall picks this year, and another smaller piece. Would you guys rather trade Saric or Fultz to get Kawhi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad