OT: Philadelphia 76ers: Taking Our Talents To The Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
I'm torn on who I would rather trade if push came to shove. I love Dario and think he's a glue guy. That being said, I am still bullish on Fultz getting his act together and having the perfect skill set to play next to Ben in the back court.

Simmons
Fultz
Kawhi
Lebron
Jo

Simmonds
PG13
Kawhi
Saric
Jo

Either top 5 would be amazing, depth could be an issue though.

Last edited:

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
^oh that's f***ing great. :laugh:

Getting back to the draft discussion, i'd happily take either Bridges on this team but i seriously think Mikal will be gone by #10. Miles could be their Ilyasova replacement, only with more upside. Can't complain about that.

I've seen some people float the scenario of them taking a guard at #10 and it's not all that unrealistic if you think about it. They may not be able to afford TJ once he's due for a payday and if you draft Sexton or Young, you could afford to deal him before that happens.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Watching a draft expert on PST right now saying that Young and Sexton are better prospects than Fultz right now. That really goes to show just how far Fultz's stock has fallen in just on year when two guys who may or may not go in the top 10 are better prospects at this point.

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
Pretty sure it's actually Laurel but I can hear both. The sound starts and ends with L's, but the frequency is way lower than the yanny sound, so if you haven't lost those top end frequencies the yanny will jump out to you.

Reactions: Les Averman

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
It is actually "Laurel":

One fact may frustrate some and vindicate others: the primary recording came from the vocabulary.com page for “laurel,” the word for a wreath worn on the head, “usually a symbol of victory.”

Laurel or Yanny? What We Heard From the Experts

I hear only laurel unless I go to one of those sites that has messed with the pitch and cut the low frequencies, in which case I hear yanny.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
Pretty sure it's actually Laurel but I can hear both. The sound starts and ends with L's, but the frequency is way lower than the yanny sound, so if you haven't lost those top end frequencies the yanny will jump out to you.
Is it one of those "if you're older you can't hear the higher frequency" things?

I'm pretty young and only hear Laurel. I found some website where you can slide the frequency back and forth, and I only had to move it a smidge before I could hear yanny, though.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Say that to Tatum...and Mitchell.
This was a great rookie class. I wouldn’t expect a repeat.

Tatum shot the ball great and people tend to remember that and the Sixers took Fultz blah blah blah but he was an above average NBA player this year on a great team (not Sacramento). Far from a star. He’s not the most well rounded player. Not a playmaker. Not a rebounder. Horford and Kylie are the guys on that team.

The Jazz actually got outscored when Mitchell was on the court fwiw. Took 1300+ shots and made the most of em shooting below the league average.

Now if Sacramento gets a Ben Simmons like rookie season out of their #2 pick, we’ll be in good shape, but not a lot of present talent on that team. Their second year players will really need to take a big step forward, especially Fox.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Doncic pulling a Lindros....we need him to be on the Kings. This is Ainge's doing. They have it rigged for 2019.....so they get him!

I believe he has declared for this year’s draft and there’s no way in hell he goes undrafted. If the Sixers had the top pick I would want them to draft him regardless of whether he stays in Europe another year or not.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
This was a great rookie class. I wouldn’t expect a repeat.

Tatum shot the ball great and people tend to remember that and the Sixers took Fultz blah blah blah but he was an above average NBA player this year on a great team (not Sacramento). Far from a star. He’s not the most well rounded player. Not a playmaker. Not a rebounder. Horford and Kylie are the guys on that team.

The Jazz actually got outscored when Mitchell was on the court fwiw. Took 1300+ shots and made the most of em shooting below the league average.

Now if Sacramento gets a Ben Simmons like rookie season out of their #2 pick, we’ll be in good shape, but not a lot of present talent on that team. Their second year players will really need to take a big step forward, especially Fox.

I think Doncic is a better prospect than Tatum. I’ve watched some Real Madrid games he’s the real deal. Off the charts bb IQ and mad skills. He’s not the athlete that Simmons is but he compares pretty favorably in most other ways. And he is a way better shooter.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I think Doncic is a better prospect than Tatum. I’ve watched some Real Madrid games he’s the real deal. Off the charts bb IQ and mad skills. He’s not the athlete that Simmons is but he compares pretty favorably in most other ways. And he is a way better shooter.
I don’t doubt that Doncic is a better prospect than Tatum. My only point was that even the best rookies (minus Simmons) they don’t really move the needle that much and Doncic is going to be walking into a much worse situation than Tatum, Simmons, or Mitchell did. Doncic is also going to be jumping into a different game with better athletes and more length than he is accustomed to. There is going to be an adjustment period for him.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I don’t doubt that Doncic is a better prospect than Tatum. My only point was that even the best rookies (minus Simmons) they don’t really move the needle that much and Doncic is going to be walking into a much worse situation than Tatum, Simmons, or Mitchell did. Doncic is also going to be jumping into a different game with better athletes and more length than he is accustomed to. There is going to be an adjustment period for him.

I agree that there will be an adjustment, he’s not going to set the world on fire right off the bat (I don’t think), but I think the adjustment for him might be less than for your average one and done college player. He’s been playing against men, including some ex-NBA players. He’s got an NBA body already, I think the biggest adjustment for him will be the speed and athleticism of NBA players.

Reactions: FLYguy3911

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
He is in the draft and will get picked. The question is whether or not he comes over to play this year. If he says he won't it could cause him to fall a little bit but no chance he falls out of the top 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad