OT: Philadelphia 76ers: Taking Our Talents To The Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I think if Simmons just gets his elbow to stay in and bends his knees so he can use his legs a bit his FT shooting would improve noticeably.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
A lot is mental, but for a kid that is such a fluid athlete in everything he does with and without the basketball, it is so odd to see him shoot. It doesn't look natural. He obviously put in a lot of work to become the ball handler that he is, but did he ever shoot jumpers growing up? I know he probably didn't have to. He still doesn't have to even in the NBA.

But Aaron Gordon is shooting 44% from 3 and Andre Drummond nearly doubled his FT% so anything is possible. If he gets a jumper, it's going to be GAME OVER.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
I think if Simmons just gets his elbow to stay in and bends his knees so he can use his legs a bit his FT shooting would improve noticeably.

He was warming up this morning shooting free throws right handed and draining them

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
TJ had one of the ugliest and worst shots of any NBA player I'd ever seen. It's still not a thing of beauty but it's much better than it was. If he can do it Simmons should certainly be able to do it.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Look at Ginobili clips. He shoots left handed with the elbow out; same form as Simmons. Jack is right I think where he just looks off rhythmically.

When he shoots its all arms, shoulders. He needs to get his knees and lower body to move in concert with his upper body to create that fluid motion that becomes repeatable with reps

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Sixers holding their own so far against the Celtics despite not having the process and TJ.

Jah Jah Stinks is back in Philly apparently getting 1 on 1 special attention.....probably a psychologist

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Couldn’t take any more of Heinsohn so I muted the TV and listened to the Sixers radio broadcast. At least made the loss tolerable.

Reactions: Lotusflower

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
I wonder if Bayless watches himself in the film sessions and is like: "Damn! I'm really trash."

4th quarter was rough but a month ago we would've gotten blown out. Incremental improvements.

Reactions: Stop the Madness

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
The Celtics broadcast is ok when Scalabrine does the color. When it’s Heinsohn it’s torture.

Stop the Madness

Nov 27, 2017
I wonder if Bayless watches himself in the film sessions and is like: "Damn! I'm really trash."

4th quarter was rough but a month ago we would've gotten blown out. Incremental improvements.

He really loves throwing the ball out of bounds and taking horrible fouls.

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
He really loves throwing the ball out of bounds and taking horrible fouls.

He reminds me of Gerald Henderson in the way he tries to do too much. Bayless is a solid shooter but really shouldn't be putting the ball on the deck except in obvious situations. He's also garbage defensively which is why he fouls.

That's something we're gonna have to look at going forward. A guy like Reddick has earned another contract but it worries me that our wings cant defend a lick. People harp on Dario being a liability but TLC, Anderson, Bayless, Reddick, are just as bad and even worse most times. Holmes at C is Okafor level bad though he was better tonight which was encouraging .

I expected Ben to be elite or near it on D but its a damn shame he comes in as a rookie and is our second most reliable wing defender.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
“Our guys can’t go one-on-one [against Simmons],” Horford said. “It’s almost like the whole team has to show a wall. He sees that seam, he’s going to expose you.”

Rather than "hack-a-Ben" I guess this is the strategy that Simmons is going to be seeing a lot of- teams walling off the basket and forcing him to shoot or pass. Boston did a good job of it last night.

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Any update on Fultz?

When he comes back will he take minutes away from Bayless?

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Any update on Fultz?

When he comes back will he take minutes away from Bayless?

They said (I forget who "they" are, someone on a recent broadcast) that he's off doing physical therapy for his shoulder somewhere. I forget where but not in the Philly area. When he gets back I'm sure he'll take minutes from both Bayless and TJ.

Reactions: Rebels57

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Fultz is going to be in and out of the lineup all year. I feel it will be a lingering nagging issue. Might as well get used to it. I hope I am wrong but we are just cursed with these stupid injuries to our 1st rounders.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I would think that when Fultz gets through his physical therapy and gets the relevant shoulder muscles strengthened it would just be a matter of maintaining a regular weight training program to keep the whole shoulder area happy. Doesn’t seem like it should be a chronic thing. At least that’s what I’m hoping.

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
Alright Sixers, since the mantle of historic mediocrity in Philadelphia has switched to the Flyers you guys will decide if I go to sleep happy drunk tonight or just drunk.

Bring it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad