Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I'm excited for our Lindblom-Frost-Allison line.

Zach Senyshyn always played with Frosty last year, and he was a pure shooter who was incredibly lethal off the rush -- which you think would be great -- but they didn't go together as well as on paper. It was something I wrote about how I thought getting away from him could open up his game more because Senyshyn was very north-south and puck-centric and not smart in the cycle game, even if he gave Frost quite a few easy assists. Frost makes things easy on his linemates, but Senyshyn didn't really give much back. Katchouk is a solid player, maybe more a future 3rd liner, and he's not someone with standout skill, but he grinds and cycles and possesses decent smarts, and they work well.

I could really see someone like Lindblom or the countless smart, give-and-go, cycle players we have working well with Frost. Frost is all about dat symbiosis.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Katchouk is a solid player, maybe more a future 3rd liner, and he's not someone with standout skill, but he grinds and cycles and possesses decent smarts, and they work well.

You take that back. Boris is a beautiful soul and he'll be one hell of a possession winger on a scoring line. It's weird having two of my favorite players in Junior as linemates.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
You take that back. Boris is a beautiful soul and he'll be one hell of a possession winger on a scoring line. It's weird having two of my favorite players in Junior as linemates.

Hey now! Don’t go on the attack! I like Katchouk too, and even had him on my shortlist for 2nd rounders back in his draft. Over the summer I kept saying I wanted them to play together. Was only saying he’s not a player who is a pure skill type, more 3rd line NHLer in terms of individual skill, but one who makes his living as a smart puck possessor. Those types can still play roles on scoring lines, can’t they? ;)

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Hey now! Don’t go on the attack! I like Katchouk too, and even had him on my shortlist for 2nd rounders back in his draft. Over the summer I kept saying I wanted them to play together. Was only saying he’s not a player who is a pure skill type, more 3rd line NHLer in terms of individual skill, but one who makes his living as a smart puck possessor. Those types can still play roles on scoring lines, can’t they? ;)

No, sorry. 4th liner unless the Points come in bunches. Oh wait, he's in the Tampa org. Yes, you would be correct.

I really thought they were going to take him at 36. I wanted him or Dahlen but didn't think they would take the latter. Or Cam Morrison.

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
Zach Senyshyn always played with Frosty last year, and he was a pure shooter who was incredibly lethal off the rush -- which you think would be great -- but they didn't go together as well as on paper. It was something I wrote about how I thought getting away from him could open up his game more because Senyshyn was very north-south and puck-centric and not smart in the cycle game, even if he gave Frost quite a few easy assists. Frost makes things easy on his linemates, but Senyshyn didn't really give much back. Katchouk is a solid player, maybe more a future 3rd liner, and he's not someone with standout skill, but he grinds and cycles and possesses decent smarts, and they work well.

I could really see someone like Lindblom or the countless smart, give-and-go, cycle players we have working well with Frost. Frost is all about dat symbiosis.
I've never seen Frost play. Do you watch his games live? ? Whats the best way to watch some of his games?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
But I was giving you the bottom two lines.

Question is who will be on a line with Patrick.
If Simmonds is traded does Voracek go back to the top line or say with NP.

Starting next year it's going to become fun to figure out the line combinations.
If NAK is the 4th line RW, where does Konency go?
Does Lindblom replace Weal?
And so on.
In two years it's gonna get wild.
In three years, ridiculous.

Seriously, I mean if Couts is 1C, NP is 2C, Frost is 3C, then Vorobyev is 4C, Laughton moves to LW, Rubtsov is put at LW, Bunnaman moves to LW, Allison, Konency, Voracek, NAK at RW. And what happens to all the other kids?

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
LHV isnt going to know what to do with all the forwards next few year lol esp if Kase ever decides to come over.

Last edited:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

Starting next year it's going to become fun to figure out the line combinations.
And so on.

Seriously, I mean if Couts is 1C, NP is 2C, Frost is 3C, then Vorobyev is 4C, Laughton moves to LW, Rubtsov is put at LW, Bunnaman moves to LW, Allison, Konency, Voracek, NAK at RW. And what happens to all the other kids?

Bottom two lines? Well that's awfully optimistic. The top six must be absolutely insane.

I don't really see Couturier as the 1C long term anyway. He's proven he's more than a 3C, as most of us knew he was, but I think it's fairly likely Patrick will take that spot within a few years. Obviously we're all thrilled with how Couturier is scoring right now, but I don't think anyone expects him to keep this up. He's pacing for 79 points and 39 goals... that isn't sustainable. Patrick has the better offensive skill package so if he reaches his potential (not even his max ceiling) he should probably end up as the 1C.

Regardless, I think it's basically impossible for all those guys you mentioned to all end up on the team at once. Some will bust, some might be traded, but that's just too optimistic, in my eyes. I hope you're right, but I just don't see it.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

And so on.

Psst, Giroux. Just for fun:

Giroux -- Couturier -- Bunnaman
Lindblom -- Patrick -- Voracek
Rubtsov -- Frost -- Allison
Laughton -- Vorobyev -- Aube-Kubel
Weise

Provorov -- Karlsson
Sanheim -- Myers
Morin -- Gudas
Hagg

Hart
Howard

Reactions: flyersfan187

RANKKA

Give Glaude the world
Apr 11, 2017
EU
Psst, Giroux. Just for fun:

Giroux -- Couturier -- Bunnaman
Lindblom -- Patrick -- Voracek
Rubtsov -- Frost -- Allison
Laughton -- Vorobyev -- Aube-Kubel
Weise

Provorov -- Karlsson
Sanheim -- Myers
Morin -- Gudas
Hagg

Hart
Howard
for science whats the deal for karlsson in your mind? Ghost and TK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad