Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
for science whats the deal for karlsson in your mind? Ghost and TK?

Yeah, with 2018 and '19 1sts. I wouldn't do that, though, were I Ottawa, even with Konecny's Ottawa 67 connection.

The Score suggested in a recent article that the Flyers were 1 of 3 teams who were well placed to make a deal for Karlsson because of their depth of prospects. They suggested Patrick and Hagg and a 1st. Yes, Hagg. No, really, Hagg. To be fair, they identified Provorov and Gostisbehere as untouchables from the D prospects.

You're missing our best prospect, but you have Bunnaman and Allison on there?

I just couldn't find a spot for Lehtera, though. :sarcasm: But, seriously, whom am I missing, unless you meant Travis K? I have Frost, Lindblom, Hart, Rubtsov, Myers ... oh, and Bunnaman is on the top line because I'm sucking up to Cap'n Dave. Do you mean Strome?

You'll probably point out the obvious and I will check myself into a dementia treatment trial.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
If he doesn’t get sent back for an overage year he’s probably ECHL bound for most of next year. As I doubt he’ll be good enough to consistently crack the Phantoms lineup.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
How would you guys rate Rubtsov as a prospect against Brett Howden? He seemed like a possible choice for the Flyers at #22 in 2016, but he ended up going to Tampa at #27.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
If anyone had any doubts as to how far this kids value has fallen off a cliff, here you go. A contending team just traded him away for peanuts.

The rumour is that he asked for a trade last year and again this year. He supposedly doesn't get along with Victoriaville's head coach and it might explain his numbers. Something is wrong in Victoriaville. They were supposed to be a top team but they're in 12th place. They even acquired last year's league MVP a few weeks ago and it didn't get better.

Victo needs to get better on defense and between the pipes but they don't have much picks and/or prospects to give in return. The picks they will get for Laberge will probably be traded again.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
The rumour is that he asked for a trade last year and again this year. He supposedly doesn't get along with Victoriaville's head coach and it might explain his numbers. Something is wrong in Victoriaville. They were supposed to be a top team but they're in 12th place. They even acquired last year's league MVP a few weeks ago and it didn't get better.

Victo needs to get better on defense and between the pipes but they don't have much picks and/or prospects to give in return. The picks they will get for Laberge will probably be traded again.

So it could really benefit him to be moved?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Bottom two lines? Well that's awfully optimistic. The top six must be absolutely insane.

I don't really see Couturier as the 1C long term anyway. He's proven he's more than a 3C, as most of us knew he was, but I think it's fairly likely Patrick will take that spot within a few years. Obviously we're all thrilled with how Couturier is scoring right now, but I don't think anyone expects him to keep this up. He's pacing for 79 points and 39 goals... that isn't sustainable. Patrick has the better offensive skill package so if he reaches his potential (not even his max ceiling) he should probably end up as the 1C.

Regardless, I think it's basically impossible for all those guys you mentioned to all end up on the team at once. Some will bust, some might be traded, but that's just too optimistic, in my eyes. I hope you're right, but I just don't see it.

Couturier's status as 1C will also depend on his chemistry with Giroux. If they reach a point where they are inseperable, they may end up getting the most ES ice time regardless of whether Patrick is the more effective Center on his own..unless Patrick develops equal or better chemistry with another winger like Konecny, Voracek, etc.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Live footage from the SSM-Kitchener game for those unable to watch:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Not the greatest translation. Could it have something to do with their trading window being closed?

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I’m not sure but Matthew Vachon is at the rink and has made mention of him being there. I’m going to put all of my high school French into action and fail miserably at trying to ask him if he knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad