Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I dont watch ahl, so I wouldn't know. One could imagine konecny having 5 less points than filpps looks bad on paper as well. But watching him play you can suddenly see why.

The reason Konecny has 5 less points than Filppula is because he plays nearly 4 minutes less per game and typically with inferior linemates.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
His complete lack of production is though.

From the games I’ve watched, he seems like a rookie who hasn’t figured out what he is going to bring to the table to affect the game. I’m guessing things came pretty easy for him at College but is struggling to find a similar game vs pros. I admit I never was able to watch him in the NCAA, but he seems to good at little things but isn’t great at anyone yet.

The one guy that I have been impressed with who gets no attention is Wilcox. His game has some mobility and defensive awareness, mixed with good size and being RHD. He is my wildcard right now for a future 6/7/first call up Dman.

Reactions: Flyerfan13

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
8 points in 25 games is not that bad for a dman getting limited PP time. That would be 24 in a full season of 76 games. The -14 is the much bigger issue.

Phantoms recalled Swavely so Vorobyev must be out.

Bummer. That's two of their main centers out.

Reactions: Rebels57

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
The reason Konecny has 5 less points than Filppula is because he plays nearly 4 minutes less per game and typically with inferior linemates.
That's what I was alluding to. That it's hard to say such a thing without a context. Kinda like that dude who went on tirade against provy just by looking at cf%. Calgary fan of I'm not mistaken.

Reactions: Rebels57

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The fact he's doing this much with such **** players is a testament to Konecny. Filp has no such ground to stand on. Jesus **** he's been a black hole.
Like I said last night, it's crazy that he's known as a playmaker who refuses to shoot but somehow he's still not a good passer at all.

And it's hard to even say he's getting old(ish) because passing isn't one of the things you think of going away with age. Shooting, sure. Skating, definitely. But bad passing and IQ has no excuse.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Honestly, I always saw Filp as a complementary player, not one who can run a line. I think that's due to the fact that his IQ isn't the greatest. In a weird way, I'm surprised he's lasted this long, but he's played on much better teams where had linemates that made up for his shortcomings.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Honestly, I always saw Filp as a complementary player, not one who can run a line. I think that's due to the fact that his IQ isn't the greatest. In a weird way, I'm surprised he's lasted this long, but he's played on much better teams where had linemates that made up for his shortcomings.

I disagree on the IQ. I think he has the IQ, it is the execution that is lacking. He seems to be in the right place a lot of the time, he just f***s up passes and shots when in those good spots. He just isn't skilled enough.

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
From the games I’ve watched, he seems like a rookie who hasn’t figured out what he is going to bring to the table to affect the game. I’m guessing things came pretty easy for him at College but is struggling to find a similar game vs pros. I admit I never was able to watch him in the NCAA, but he seems to good at little things but isn’t great at anyone yet.

The one guy that I have been impressed with who gets no attention is Wilcox. His game has some mobility and defensive awareness, mixed with good size and being RHD. He is my wildcard right now for a future 6/7/first call up Dman.

Seems like Alt mk II

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I disagree on the IQ. I think he has the IQ, it is the execution that is lacking. He seems to be in the right place a lot of the time, he just ****s up passes and shots when in those good spots. He just isn't skilled enough.

There were two separate occasions I can remember in the third period against Toronto where Filppula accepted a pass in the TO zone, and the puck rebounded off his stick and traveled about 8' away from him.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The only thing Flip does well as a Center is zone entries and faceoffs. Sucks everywhere else. Would be much better suited as a LW on a line with a better C and RW.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
That's what I was alluding to. That it's hard to say such a thing without a context. Kinda like that dude who went on tirade against provy just by looking at cf%. Calgary fan of I'm not mistaken.

Yeah it was a Flames fan..and a dumb one at that.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Bob Rotruck on commentary alluded to Morin probably only being out tonight. But Vorobyev will be out quite a while.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
That was a helluva release, and he's been liking the one knee shot this year too. Not crazy to me to think he spent some time this summer working on his shot technique because it looks a little quicker and more confident in scoring areas. Loving his progression away from "reluctant shooter" to "willing, even if pass first." That's the difference between playing like Filppula (BOOOOOOO) and Giroux (YAAAAAAAY).

Last edited:

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Now he just put away a rebound for a goal. Tough angle, bit of a squeaker, I don't know what the goalie was doing though tbh. That's 5 goals now and 8 points against Flint in 3 games. Good ol' Firebirds :laugh:

Almost just had a spin-o-rama goal. Now that would've been a beauty.

Side note: I've noticed the last 2 times I've seen him he's been back on the left wall on the PP. Even before players left for camps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad