Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Meh, Marlies were just quicker up and down the lineup.
Hextall should look at this game and move out some veterans, and scour the college free agents and CHL overage free agents for players with speed and quickness, and enough size.
Notice how Martel was MIA against a team that can skate with him?

They do get Rubtsov, Laberge, Kase, Bunnaman, Twarnyski next year.
I'd think about signing Salinitri.
There's a lot more speed two years away in Laczynski, Lycksell, Cates, Kalynuk, Sushko, maybe Ratcliffe.

To be fair, Hextall didn't have much he could send to the AHL the last two years so he loaded up on AHL veterans.

The other thing I'd consider is making Knob the coach, he needs the coaching experience at a higher level than the CHL.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Shut the game off at 3-0 because I just knew, and I ran out of paper towels, napkins, and tissues to wipe my bleeding eyes with. Good decision looking at the final score. So much for Scott Gordon's mythical adjustments: "Alright, boys, we're just going to have to try harder and keep working on that lob pass. A breakaway will come eventually! Let's all play NHL 18 to practice our system." This Marlies team just shit on them strategically to the level of Sullivan on Hakstol. No team has the talent or stockpiles the caliber of prospects that the Phantoms do. They're all in on this shit, and this is what we get. Morgan Frost won't even have time to say, "Dafuq," before he goes back home for the summer.

Utterly dumbfounding how bad every coach is in the organization. Every last one. That's one of the most essential things any GM can do, and Ronald has pooched it time and time again. Gordon just got an extension, I urge you to remember. No joke: was Riley Cote the most competent coach we had in the organization? Doomed.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Regina has a 3 goal lead in the 3rd period over Swift Current.

With a Regina win tonight, the Acadie-Bathurst Couturier's will advance to the finals as the winner of the round robin portion of the Memorial Cup.

Regina vs Hamilton will face off in the play-in game.

NicolasAubeKubel

Mar 3, 2018
Lowkey, while I was watching (which wasn’t long because that was horrendous) Aube Kubel had like 3-4 awful giveaways, Sanheim had a couple awful mistakes on defense and a terrible unnecessary penalty behind the net, and Myers was trying to go 1 on 5 every other play and getting caught up the ice.

Vorobyev has impressed me the most

Reactions: hatcher

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Lowkey, while I was watching (which wasn’t long because that was horrendous) Aube Kubel had like 3-4 awful giveaways, Sanheim had a couple awful mistakes on defense and a terrible unnecessary penalty behind the net, and Myers was trying to go 1 on 5 every other play and getting caught up the ice.

Vorobyev has impressed me the most

He has that kind of maturity and hockey sense that you can't teach.

It might be tempting to just plug him into the NHL lineup as soon as next season but he may blossom into a more complete player if given another season as one of the two Phantoms top centers with special team playing time.
Didn't harm Couts to play a minor role in the NHL and still become a first liner but that's more like the exception to the rule.

Reactions: NicolasAubeKubel

NicolasAubeKubel

Mar 3, 2018
He has that kind of maturity and hockey sense that you can't teach.

It might be tempting to just plug him into the NHL lineup as soon as next season but he may blossom into a more complete player if given another season as one of the two Phantoms top centers with special team playing time.
Didn't harm Couts to play a minor role in the NHL and still become a first liner but that's more like the exception to the rule.

I agree completely, there’s real upside there. After watching every Russian game in the 2016 WJC, I felt confident that Vorobyev had legit offensive potential in the NHL, capable of playing a major role.

No issue if they choose to slow cook him and develop the offensive side. His vision and ability to mantain possession along the boards is impressive, along with his high IQ defensive game. Love him

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
AHL officiating tends to be more tight and strict than the NHL. I think officials trying to make the NHL are trying harder to show they don’t take anybody’s crap, which is why they’re usually terrible when they’re called up.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
They had a bad game guys , you can't judge a season on a bad game or two . That kick {push} 5 min major was a joke, that is embarrasing for the league.
On the Memorial Cup i have watched all the games so far , the offensive play is good the defensive play is a disaster most nights. Ruby looks good, there is just not a lot of production to his game for some reason. Strome looks like his skating is getting better but long way to go, he makes up for some of that with his brain .

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I'd point out that the Marlies are doing this to EVERY team they've faced, maybe they've just build a really good AHL team.

Reactions: Yamazaki
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad