Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
They had a bad game guys , you can't judge a season on a bad game or two . That kick {push} 5 min major was a joke, that is embarrasing for the league.

They bounced back strong from a terrible 6-0 home loss to the Checkers, but this one put them down 3-0 in the series so it's pretty likely they'll be done tomorrow or the next day.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
upload_2018-5-24_18-39-38.jpeg

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Phantoms' Travis Sanheim-Philippe Myers pairing can't be trusted with Flyers ... yet

Of course this is a johnk article. I don't even know where to begin, so cue the music, Johnny:

As much as the game of hockey has been broken down into advanced metrics and analytics, it’s rather simple at its core. The more time a team spends in its end of the ice, the greater likelihood it'll be on the wrong side of the scoreboard........However, Game 3 at the PPL Center Wednesday night further exemplified the necessary strides the Flyers' defensive prospects must take in order to develop into reliable, everyday NHL blueliners.

He takes a dig at analytics while simultaneously getting to the essence of it. And then proceeding to ignore Myers has been one of the best Phantoms players in doing this this season. And Sanheim the best Flyer. But of course he doesn't know that. He just watched this one (bad) game and figured it all out.

As exciting as it is to watch Sanheim and Myers generate offense within the Phantoms' system with their size and skating ability, there’s no way Hakstol and the Flyers can depend on that pairing defensively next season. Together, they’re still young, inexperienced and unreliable.

Oh, I bet.

If anything, expect the competition between Myers and Sanheim as something worth watching when Flyers camp opens in September.

Competition BETWEEN them?! What the f*** kind of chemicals are in that hair gel.

giphy.gif

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I'll say this,

If next year's defense is Ghost/Provy/Sanheim/Gudas/MacDonald/Hagg.

It won't be much of an upgrade, you gotta replace of the last 3 with a significantly more talented player.

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
I'll say this,

If next year's defense is Ghost/Provy/Sanheim/Gudas/MacDonald/Hagg.

It won't be much of an upgrade, you gotta replace of the last 3 with a significantly more talented player.

Definitely going to be an interesting off season to see what hexy does to upgrade the team. Hoping he upgrades 2 forwards, an upgrade on neuvy in goal, and at least 1 dman spot. Hagg needs to be the #7.

Reactions: TheKingPin

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Definitely going to be an interesting off season to see what hexy does to upgrade the team. Hoping he upgrades 2 forwards, an upgrade on neuvy in goal, and at least 1 dman spot. Hagg needs to be the #7.

Pretty much.

If they can add a significant Dman plus Myers, make Hagg the 7th and cut lose Gudas. I'll be happy.

Ghost/Provy
Hamilton/Sanheim
MacDonald/Myers

Now THAT's an upgrade.

And for the record, I just put Hamilton because of all the chatter about Calgary, but if Hextall could secure a legit Top 4 guy, that's what this team needs.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Lots of small like hagg playing right now. Tough and making simple plays. Good fancy hockey dies in playoffs as he's shown is all two series in a row. Chip off the glass and keep it simple and hound the puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad