WWE: PGT: TLC - Not Heel Roman, NOT HEEL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
you have to book roman like goldberg, i don't know if it's too late to start. what got goldberg over is he looked like an ass kicking SOB, and he went in the ring and did just that, he didn't talk which created an aura and he did not give much in his matches until later on....just wonder if the toothpaste is already out of the tube, trying to make roman cut these promo's have really set his career back and ultimately as long as they continue he will never get to where he needs to be.

I'd say that the "toothpaste is out of the tube", definitely...at least to the point that I don't believe he'll reach the status he could have been if he were handled right.

He's been exposed way too much. We know he can't cut a promo, and he gets gassed way too easily. He doesn't appear to possess any ring psychology either. He can still be a nice star for the company, but I don't think they have their "next John Cena" like they hoped, and it's sad because they have people who could fill that role, if given the chance (Ambrose comes to mind...well, maybe not a "next Cena", but could definitely be a HUGE star for the company if they got behind him fully).

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'd say that the "toothpaste is out of the tube", definitely...at least to the point that I don't believe he'll reach the status he could have been if he were handled right.

He's been exposed way too much. We know he can't cut a promo, and he gets gassed way too easily. He doesn't appear to possess any ring psychology either. He can still be a nice star for the company, but I don't think they have their "next John Cena" like they hoped, and it's sad because they have people who could fill that role, if given the chance (Ambrose comes to mind...well, maybe not a "next Cena", but could definitely be a HUGE star for the company if they got behind him fully).

I still think the best idea would be to use Dean not coming out and his IC win to start a feud with Dean and Roman as the heel and just put him in the mid card.

If he improves you can push him again, but for now he is an upper-midcard guy. The only thing anyone wants out of him is to complete the Shield storyline via a triple threat and a reunion.

They should re hitch their wagon back to DB, but since that doesn't seem to be happening. You use Brock as best you can and push KO for now and see where guys like Cesaro and Seth are at when they are healthy.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
So many good ideas and well thought story lines in this thread. And tomorrow we will all lose it when he's in a beat the clock challenge to be in the rumble lol.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I still think the best idea would be to use Dean not coming out and his IC win to start a feud with Dean and Roman as the heel and just put him in the mid card.

If he improves you can push him again, but for now he is an upper-midcard guy. The only thing anyone wants out of him is to complete the Shield storyline via a triple threat and a reunion.

They should re hitch their wagon back to DB, but since that doesn't seem to be happening. You use Brock as best you can and push KO for now and see where guys like Cesaro and Seth are at when they are healthy.

With the way that the PPV ended, they can't simply move Roman on to Dean as a heel without some return fire from the Authority. Trips has taken it on the chin too much from Roman without a response for that to work.

Oct 18, 2011
If he's going to be in the main event picture, he needs to have a mouth piece. Simple as that. It's too late to go pure Goldberg because that cat is already out of the bag. Roman isn't undefeated and Roman has already spoken too much in this gimmick to undo that. You'd have to have some sort of repackaging for that to work...like Sting did when he went black and white. And in all honesty, that'd be great for Reigns. He needs a different look and a different presentation if you're going to present him as a babyface.

Think Goldberg is a bad example as his gimmick was a flash in the pan. Quick burn and then done.

I think you mean book him like Brock. Problem is I think its WAY to late to turn Roman into a monster.
Goldberg got over by just destroying guys and not talking.....it can work with the right person if that person can exude pure intensity.

as long as roman is a babyface he probably won't have a mouthpiece, it's not something you see often

but as stated he needs character adjustments, it's time to cut out the kid centric cena ******** from his promos

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
With the way that the PPV ended, they can't simply move Roman on to Dean as a heel without some return fire from the Authority. Trips has taken it on the chin too much from Roman without a response for that to work.

Ya I know, its more of just what I want.

Roman and Trips are basically tied together now. It is better then Roman in the title picture if that is the plan (and god I hope he is. Let Brock come back and squash Sheamus and take the belt back).

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Goldberg got over by just destroying guys and not talking.....it can work with the right person if that person can exude pure intensity.

as long as roman is a babyface he probably won't have a mouthpiece, it's not something you see often

but as stated he needs character adjustments, it's time to cut out the kid centric cena ******** from his promos

And the reason why the Goldberg gimmick won't work for Roman is that Roman's intensity is hokey the way he presents it these days. He is way too over the top on the facial expressions when he tries to sell intensity. If he modeled it more like Brock's intensity, it would work but I think he's too far gone for that.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Missed my point. Goldberg is a bad example because the reason they went with that gimmick is because he legit couldn't wrestle, and while it worked originally, it fell apart the moment he needed to do a real match and talk. Plus part of it was the streak (which they made up the numbers to constantly)

The moment he finally lost it was over. Why I thought Brock made more sense. He is a better built rampage monster with a mouthpiece.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Ya I know, its more of just what I want.

Roman and Trips are basically tied together now. It is better then Roman in the title picture if that is the plan (and god I hope he is. Let Brock come back and squash Sheamus and take the belt back).

I'm okay with Roman and Trips for Mania as long as the title isn't involved. If they want to get Roman over though, they're going to have to beat the crap out of him a lot on free TV and have him eek out wins at the PPV's and keep him away from the main event probably until Summerslam at the earliest depending on his responses. But if they pull the trigger on Roman going heel, I'd put the title on him immediately.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
The problem with Reigns is he's nothing special
The only thing he has is a decent look

This whole scenario reminds me of Sheamus after he debuted

He'll be an upper mid carder
Can hold the main championship at times, but probably shouldn't for an extended period of time

He just doesn't bring a lot to the table

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Meh serac stole my thunder. At the end of the day... I just don't want reigns on my tv. I hate him as a face and the whole gimmick he has. His real calling was going heel on ambrose. That payoff would be huge.

I don't want to see reigns HHH at wrestlemania. It will be ****ing boring.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'm okay with Roman and Trips for Mania as long as the title isn't involved. If they want to get Roman over though, they're going to have to beat the crap out of him a lot on free TV and have him eek out wins at the PPV's and keep him away from the main event probably until Summerslam at the earliest depending on his responses. But if they pull the trigger on Roman going heel, I'd put the title on him immediately.

But what do you with Brock?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
But what do you with Brock?

If Reigns is heel between now and the Rumble to where you put the title on him immediately, Brock is the babyface chasing Reigns down to Mania and Roman goes over relatively cleanly...not without some heel shenanigans but you can make Roman a strongly booked heel that cheats to win. Trips was a master at it and KO is a decent example of it recently before he dropped the IC strap.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
Meh serac stole my thunder. At the end of the day... I just don't want reigns on my tv. I hate him as a face and the whole gimmick he has. His real calling was going heel on ambrose. That payoff would be huge.

I don't want to see reigns HHH at wrestlemania. It will be ****ing boring.

Or if he just shook Hunter's hand when it was offered...man...would have been great.

S A W F T*

Well at least I'm making it a point to watch RAW tonight for the first time a in a few weeks. I am sure I'll regret that decision about 5 minutes in to Reigns' show opening promo. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad