WWE: PGT: TLC - Not Heel Roman, NOT HEEL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
This is WWE's last chance with Roman Reigns as a babyface, imo. If they somehow botch this and can't get more people on Roman's side, they're ****ed if they're dead set on not turning him heel. And now you took away the avenue to him being The Authority's guy after that beat down unless Triple H "liked" it down the road when he wants to recruit him.

And you need to explain to me how you think THIS was a heel turn? That makes no sense.

They have no chance at him getting over as a main event babyface.

He's Mike Awesome. He'll pb someone through a table and get a pop but after he gets that pop he can't build on it with his character or promos. He's just not compelling.

S A W F T*

Sorry guys, I got ahead of myself.

It may be the few pops I had... but I still think it's all leading to Reigns eventually turning heel.

Still a good ending to the show, I liked it.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
The whole thing just reeks of desperation for them trying to get the crowd behind Reigns. It may have worked for 5 minutes, but I don't see it making much of a difference in the long run. Plus I don't trust WWE creative to actually follow this up well.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
Roman's not a heel at all.

That said, this is a Reigns I could support.

Exactly this.

History has shown why Roman has does this. Good on the WWE as to why it's happening, provided it's organic (which remains to be seen). It also provides an excellent vehicle to reforming the Shield if Reigns goes against the Authority, he stays face with Ambrose, and then Rollins comes back to help support the cause.

That is, of course, if they assimilate the LoN into the proper Authority....

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
They should address why Dean didn't come out to help, and they most likely won't.

And they won't properly tell why Roman snapped. Zero faith there is something legit going on here.

And the big problem is the flip flop booking of the authority over the past year.

If HHH was a constant needle in the side of Roman like he was to DB it would make sense. That isn't what is happening here.

Seth broke up the SHIELD, Seth cashed in on Roman, Sheamus cashed in on Roman. This is substituting HHH who has been playing a face for part of the year.

On the other hand they have no choice with Seth hurt and Roman super babyface not working, and they could turn this into a decent story if they take him out of the title picture and purely into a feud with a pure heel HHH.

And I agree Roman snapping is a good thing. It should of happened right after mania last year honestly. He should of wanted to kill Seth for months. It just feels REALLY forced tonight.

It could work long term though;

Jason Powell said they should show footage of Barrett either stopping Ambrose from helping or locking him in his dressing room or pretty much anything to address why Amrbose wouldn't help.

Uso's you can just say they were in a brutal match, and were not in good enough condition.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
This is WWE's last chance with Roman Reigns as a babyface, imo. If they somehow botch this and can't get more people on Roman's side, they're ****ed if they're dead set on not turning him heel. And now you took away the avenue to him being The Authority's guy after that beat down unless Triple H "liked" it down the road when he wants to recruit him.

They can't really go anywhere with this. Trips will need to get involved in making Roman look up at the lights...a lot...for this to work. You can't have him standing tall on free TV practically all the time and even at this show. There's no sympathy for someone who stands tall far more often than not.

Last PPV ended with him crying.

If you only have him suffer adversity at the PPV's, he'll never get over.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Sasha/Becky: ***
Tag Title Ladder match: ***1/2
Ryback/Rusev: *
Swagger/ADR: **
Tables match: **
Ambrose/Owens: ****
Charlotte/Paige: **1/2
Reigns/Sheamus: *1/2

Overall, it was alright. The only thing I'll retain from this PPV was Ambrose winning the IC title. But for a PPV in December, it was pretty good. Better than last year.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

It may be the few pops I had... but I still think it's all leading to Reigns eventually turning heel.

I think you're hoping in the short-term. At some point he will be a heel, no matter where it emanates from.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
Sasha/Becky: **1/2
Tag Title Ladder match: ****
Ryback/Rusev: *3/4
Swagger/ADR: *3/4
Tables match: **1/4
Ambrose/Owens: ***
Charlotte/Paige: **
Reigns/Sheamus: **1/2

Agreed on all counts, except the Tag Title ladder match... I'd give an extra half star just on that Selina Del Sol spot... good lord...

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
I feel like this is almost like deja vu

Didn't Roman get screwed over before and people were wondering where Ambrose was ?
I vaguely recall people.joking about how Ambrose won his match earlier in the night and was too busy partying to help Roman when Roman got run in at that time

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
They should address why Dean didn't come out to help, and they most likely won't.

And they won't properly tell why Roman snapped. Zero faith there is something legit going on here.

And the big problem is the flip flop booking of the authority over the past year.

If HHH was a constant needle in the side of Roman like he was to DB it would make sense. That isn't what is happening here.

Seth broke up the SHIELD, Seth cashed in on Roman, Sheamus cashed in on Roman. This is substituting HHH who has been playing a face for part of the year.

On the other hand they have no choice with Seth hurt and Roman super babyface not working, and they could turn this into a decent story if they take him out of the title picture and purely into a feud with a pure heel HHH.

And I agree Roman snapping is a good thing. It should of happened right after mania last year honestly. He should of wanted to kill Seth for months. It just feels REALLY forced tonight.

It could work long term though;

Triple H has only been a face in NXT. He's always been portrayed as a heel on WWE TV since turning on Bryan at Summerslam 2013. There's been times where he's shown Seth "tough love", but he's always been the face.

Triple H promised Seth the world to break up The Shield, he constantly tried messing with Ambrose and Reigns since the split, his (HHH's) golden child of The Authority screwed him out of his Wrestlemania main event and the same thing happened at Survivor Series. Very easily, this is a long time building and Reigns can no longer hide behind a fake smile he's shown every night. He finally snapped.

Barrett didn't come out either. Say Barrett attacked Ambrose backstage and set them up for a Rumble match, or even better, find/show some footage of Triple H and the League of Nations beating down Ambrose backstage to make sure he wouldn't be able to get involved in the main event.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
Wouldn't even have RR talk tomorrow night, would just have him ready to brawl and murder people.

Great point. His choppy mic work wouldn't help. Just have him show up and start spearing.

It worked for Austin, and that's clearly the model they're working for.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Jason Powell said they should show footage of Barrett either stopping Ambrose from helping or locking him in his dressing room or pretty much anything to address why Amrbose wouldn't help.

Uso's you can just say they were in a brutal match, and were not in good enough condition.

Usos were in a hospital, plain and simple

Ambrose could have been attacked by Owens, setting up their rematch.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

How does it lead to a heel turn by beating down a heel? lol

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Keep in mind how Lesnar came out of Wrestlemania. He was suplexing announcers and cameramen and it turned him face.

Oct 18, 2011
i liked what roman did, because i think that's what he should always be, an ass kicker who only talks in short soundbytes

but there was zero logic involved in the finish(where is the "family" to have his back?) and how is HHH getting such a beatdown, has he screwed Roman directly at any point since he went for the title?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I wouldn't have reigns talk... like ever. Even have him push Ambrose away. Just go rogue solo and murder people.

It's how he should have been booked FOREVER if not a smug heel. But please.. keep him away from my main event.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I wonder if they do the suspension/firing route but have Reigns "buy tickets" to the shows. I don't think WWE can afford to do it with all the injuries they've been hammered with, but with Cena and Lesnar returning to TV soon, it's possible.

Reigns makes run-ins at every Raw, PPV, etc. until Triple H has enough and makes the Wrestlemania match.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
I agree. Have him interrupt matches and destroy people.

I actually remember this crystal clearly.

I was in high school at the time, and me and my closest buddies marked hard for Kane when he first showed up.

This was when Raw was at it's peak. When one story line could transcend all others. Like the night when Austin basically stunnered the entire roster in a night. Even the guys backstage.

Man, I miss the Attitude Era.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
I agree. Have him interrupt matches and destroy people.

Great point. His choppy mic work wouldn't help. Just have him show up and start spearing.

It worked for Austin, and that's clearly the model they're working for.

I would just have him straight kicking peoples *****. Rusev have a match? Interfere. ADR's match? Interfere. Just have him on a spree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad