WWE: PGT: TLC - Not Heel Roman, NOT HEEL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
If Roman cuts a promo tomorrow but plays a happy babyface again, then this falls flat.

Roman shouldn't even be on the show tomorrow but I don't think WWE has what it takes to get full value out of this setup. Reigns should be suspended for two weeks...not indefinitely...not fired...two weeks specifically without pay (cuz that's old school funny). Rumble has a six week build. You can throw away the two holiday weeks of Raw easy for this by suspending Reigns. Then you get over the idea that Roman gets no rematch and gets no Rumble match. Then Roman's focus can be on Trips and that should be the Mania build. Don't set up Roman getting into the Rumble with a stupid qualifier match. This is the time where you have Vince troll Trips a bit by entering him just for the hell of it. So many layers to that kind of thing happening. Then Trips screws him over firsthand. The rest is pretty easy. You can put Rusev against Reigns for Fast Lane before building for Mania 1 on 1.

Title program should be Brock-Sheamus with Brock going over then you can have whoever the hell you want win the Rumble to work Brock that isn't Reigns.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
So... this is how it should be booked. Period. It advances EVERYTHING in a good way.

Just waiting for HHH to take over so I give them my resume. :naughty:

What's the point of fantasy booking? It never goes how we want it.

Because it's a discussion board and we all enjoy coming up with different ideas and discussing them whether they happen or not? Crazy, I know.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I think it would have worked better if HHH had more directly screwed Roman over in the weeks leading up to TLC. The way they did it tonight makes it feel more like Roman, who is supposed to be the big face, just threw a temper tantrum.

I agree with this. It just looks like a temper tantrum. He wasn't screwed tonight. It was a no DQ TLC match. No **** people were going to interfere. That is why Roman built his own stable right?

He just looks like a sore loser, and as of right now HHH didn't do anything to cost Roman the title tonight.

Roman going on a rampage and just being an angry bad ass is the right idea, but the way they did it came off as real haphazard. HHH legit looks like the face here.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Roman shouldn't even be on the show tomorrow but I don't think WWE has what it takes to get full value out of this setup. Reigns should be suspended for two weeks...not indefinitely...not fired...two weeks specifically without pay (cuz that's old school funny). Rumble has a six week build. You can throw away the two holiday weeks of Raw easy for this by suspending Reigns. Then you get over the idea that Roman gets no rematch and gets no Rumble match. Then Roman's focus can be on Trips and that should be the Mania build. Don't set up Roman getting into the Rumble with a stupid qualifier match. This is the time where you have Vince troll Trips a bit by entering him just for the hell of it. So many layers to that kind of thing happening. Then Trips screws him over firsthand. The rest is pretty easy. You can put Rusev against Reigns for Fast Lane before building for Mania 1 on 1.

Title program should be Brock-Sheamus with Brock going over then you can have whoever the hell you want win the Rumble to work Brock that isn't Reigns.

Considering who that have healthy. Brock/KO makes the most sense. Have KO win is some heelish way and just run with it.

And this is why the HHH thing doesn't work for me. When HHH screwed DB out of the title. He pedigreed him and laid him out for Orton. All HHH did at SS was try to shake Roman's hand, and Roman attacked him for...reasons and Sheamus took advantage.

Tonight HHH had nothing to do with Roman losing, so him going ******* and beating the **** out of HHH doesn't make sense. Especially because they aren't telling a story that Roman hates HHH for being the real reason the SHIELD broke up and not Seth, or that it is HHH's fault Seth cashed in and not well...Seth.

Commentary wasn't telling that story, the show itself hasn't been telling that story.

They CAN tell that story tomorrow, but does anyone really believe they pretend this is some long slowburn feud?

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada

He'll be there tomorrow so they can have their big scene with him being dragged out of the building.

Then keep him off for two weeks on the two throwaway Raws.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Considering who that have healthy. Brock/KO makes the most sense. Have KO win is some heelish way and just run with it.

And this is why the HHH thing doesn't work for me. When HHH screwed DB out of the title. He pedigreed him and laid him out for Orton. All HHH did at SS was try to shake Roman's hand, and Roman attacked him for...reasons and Sheamus took advantage.

Tonight HHH had nothing to do with Roman losing, so him going ******* and beating the **** out of HHH doesn't make sense. Especially because they aren't telling a story that Roman hates HHH for being the real reason the SHIELD broke up and not Seth, or that it is HHH's fault Seth cashed in and not well...Seth.

Commentary wasn't telling that story, the show itself hasn't been telling that story.

They CAN tell that story tomorrow, but does anyone really believe they pretend this is some long slowburn feud?

I can believe it is a slow burn feud just because of when the Shield was split up in the first place but the problem is that they haven't linked the two solidly enough over the year and a half that this had started. But I agree that Roman's bit to close the show was too much under the circumstances. If Trips was directly involved in the matches and the program as he was with DB, I could understand that kind of response at that moment but he hasn't.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
He'll be there tomorrow so they can have their big scene with him being dragged out of the building.

Then keep him off for two weeks on the two throwaway Raws.

I wouldn't even do that. Just announce it on the website. Suspended two weeks...have it explained to open the show. They don't need to make it hokey and having him there while it happens only opens it up for that to happen.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I can believe it is a slow burn feud just because of when the Shield was split up in the first place but the problem is that they haven't linked the two solidly enough over the year and a half that this had started. But I agree that Roman's bit to close the show was too much under the circumstances. If Trips was directly involved in the matches and the program as he was with DB, I could understand that kind of response at that moment but he hasn't.

With the Shield part, I could buy that if they have been telling that story, but they haven't at all. IT has been Seth out there every night calling himself the reason the Shield was and the reason it was destroyed.

They didn't tell a story that HHH was the real reason for it.

I agree with the rest because you are right. They haven't had him involved in the stories enough like he was with DB to make this potential feud make any sense.

There was only two slow burn feuds that came out of Shield break up. Seth/Roman and Seth/HHH. We were supposed to get both by now, but Seth got hurt.

What is annoying is they could of avoided this if they built up this match better. Have HHH more involved in the weekly storyline build to this match instead of this fake League of Nations stable that clearly isn't going anywhere.

If you had HHH and Sheamus causing issues every week until tonight for Roman this works fine and we legit wonder where we are going tomorrow.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Highlight of the show
ZXspx50.gif

and the oscar goes to..
DelightfulZigzagBonobo.gif

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
If Roman was good...or even decent...on the mic they could go so many ways with it and it be great. I'd LOVE to see him cut a promo where he blames HHH for taking his brother Seth away and turning him into something he's not, etc etc.

Would actually set up real reasoning here AND plant the seeds for Seth's eventual return.

...but man....I really....really.....really miss Rollins. He could've made a TLC match with Reigns a legit MOTYC imo.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
If Roman was good...or even decent...on the mic they could go so many ways with it and it be great. I'd LOVE to see him cut a promo where he blames HHH for taking his brother Seth away and turning him into something he's not, etc etc.

Would actually set up real reasoning here AND plant the seeds for Seth's eventual return.

...but man....I really....really.....really miss Rollins. He could've made a TLC match with Reigns a legit MOTYC imo.

The time for that kind of promo has long been passed for Roman. If he cuts that now, he's going to look like more of a whiner than he already does. That turn happened a year and a half ago. With the lack of involvement from Trips on Reigns in that time frame, it's too much of a hole in that story to make it work. At this point, the best bet is to continue this attempt by Trips to get Roman to be his guy and make him pay for it until Roman gives up and turns.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Eh. I think you could still pass it off. Just say it's been building up for far too long.

Doesn't matter because any of us could cut a better promo.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The time for that kind of promo has long been passed for Roman. If he cuts that now, he's going to look like more of a whiner than he already does. That turn happened a year and a half ago. With the lack of involvement from Trips on Reigns in that time frame, it's too much of a hole in that story to make it work. At this point, the best bet is to continue this attempt by Trips to get Roman to be his guy and make him pay for it until Roman gives up and turns.

Smarter option. Making this about the Shield would be a giant mistake. It is hard enough to make this about Survivor Series, to go THAT far back makes Roman look like a baby (he kind of already does).

Oct 18, 2011
you have to book roman like goldberg, i don't know if it's too late to start. what got goldberg over is he looked like an ass kicking SOB, and he went in the ring and did just that, he didn't talk which created an aura and he did not give much in his matches until later on....just wonder if the toothpaste is already out of the tube, trying to make roman cut these promo's have really set his career back and ultimately as long as they continue he will never get to where he needs to be.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
you have to book roman like goldberg, i don't know if it's too late to start. what got goldberg over is he looked like an ass kicking SOB, and he went in the ring and did just that, he didn't talk which created an aura and he did not give much in his matches until later on....just wonder if the toothpaste is already out of the tube, trying to make roman cut these promo's have really set his career back and ultimately as long as they continue he will never get to where he needs to be.

If he's going to be in the main event picture, he needs to have a mouth piece. Simple as that. It's too late to go pure Goldberg because that cat is already out of the bag. Roman isn't undefeated and Roman has already spoken too much in this gimmick to undo that. You'd have to have some sort of repackaging for that to work...like Sting did when he went black and white. And in all honesty, that'd be great for Reigns. He needs a different look and a different presentation if you're going to present him as a babyface.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Think Goldberg is a bad example as his gimmick was a flash in the pan. Quick burn and then done.

I think you mean book him like Brock. Problem is I think its WAY to late to turn Roman into a monster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $260.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark