WWE: PGT: TLC - Not Heel Roman, NOT HEEL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
i liked what roman did, because i think that's what he should always be, an ass kicker who only talks in short soundbytes

but there was zero logic involved in the finish(where is the "family" to have his back?) and how is HHH getting such a beatdown, has he screwed Roman directly at any point since he went for the title?

Like I said, find video or at least explain sometime soon that Triple H and the LoN beat down Ambrose (and The Usos) backstage so he wouldn't get involved in the main event, or just explain Barrett's absence from the finish as him attacking Ambrose backstage so he's a new title challenger.

The former advances the Reigns/HHH story, but also sets Ambrose up in that program vs. the LoN and sets him up with angles all the way into Wrestlemania.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
i liked what roman did, because i think that's what he should always be, an ass kicker who only talks in short soundbytes

but there was zero logic involved in the finish(where is the "family" to have his back?) and how is HHH getting such a beatdown, has he screwed Roman directly at any point since he went for the title?

And that's why WWE sucks ass. League was never a real group. The Family was never a real group. It was just piss poor booking to get us to this match. They never meant to do anything with it.

Where was BNB? Where was "The Family"? Why is this **** on my television then written so poorly just a day later? :laugh: It's awful writing with so many holes that it actually treats the audience like a bunch of idiots.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I would just have him straight kicking peoples *****. Rusev have a match? Interfere. ADR's match? Interfere. Just have him on a spree.

That could have worked had he not eviscerated Hunter tonight.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
I wonder if they do the suspension/firing route but have Reigns "buy tickets" to the shows. I don't think WWE can afford to do it with all the injuries they've been hammered with, but with Cena and Lesnar returning to TV soon, it's possible.

Reigns makes run-ins at every Raw, PPV, etc. until Triple H has enough and makes the Wrestlemania match.

100% plausible.

They give it a good while first though.

Maybe have his first appearance at RR... Owens wins the Rumble, Lesnar wins the title, so Owens and Lesnar is the main event, while RR and HHH is the co-headliner.

I'm still hoping for a Cena/Taker match, with Taker winning and having it be his last match with an epic send-off.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I'd also not have Reigns talk, or even explain his actions on Triple H. Let everything else speak for it. Reveal that Triple H was the mastermind behind everything for the past 18 months, which we already know he was with The Shield's split, at least, and making life hell for Ambrose and Reigns when they were in main programs.

If you need Reigns to explain it, do it the way Lesnar has had his promos. Carefully edited video packages where he speaks very little, but everything he says means a lot.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Triple H has only been a face in NXT. He's always been portrayed as a heel on WWE TV since turning on Bryan at Summerslam 2013. There's been times where he's shown Seth "tough love", but he's always been the face.

Triple H promised Seth the world to break up The Shield, he constantly tried messing with Ambrose and Reigns since the split, his (HHH's) golden child of The Authority screwed him out of his Wrestlemania main event and the same thing happened at Survivor Series. Very easily, this is a long time building and Reigns can no longer hide behind a fake smile he's shown every night. He finally snapped.

Barrett didn't come out either. Say Barrett attacked Ambrose backstage and set them up for a Rumble match, or even better, find/show some footage of Triple H and the League of Nations beating down Ambrose backstage to make sure he wouldn't be able to get involved in the main event.

But he wasn't directly involved in any of those events (and some of those are so old it doesn't matter anymore. It is wrestling, year and a half burns don't usually happen).

Seth broke the SHIELD up, Seth cashed in on him. Seth was champ. HHH offered him the title after Seth got hurt, he said no.

Roman won anyway, HHH went to shake his hand and he speared him and sheamus cashed in.

That's the problem. HHH is some guy behind the scenes, but he hasn't directly ****ed Roman over. If he came out and helped cost him the belt tonight, it would of made more sense. It just feels really forced, and maybe its just because there is no one available so they can't do the feud with Seth that needs to be done.

They have to address where Dean was though or that is awful storytelling. I think it would of been better to have their relationship fall apart over this, but it doesn't seem that is the plan.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
And that's why WWE sucks ass. League was never a real group. The Family was never a real group. It was just piss poor booking to get us to this match. They never meant to do anything with it.

It's all patchwork, and is indicative of the real problem with the company... a lack of depth.

They've become so reliant on their 'top tier' guys, but have nothing waiting to come in... they haven't built up the next generation enough to be a reliable option.

This LoN garbage just shows that if things go sideways, they literally have NOTHING.

Oct 18, 2011
I wouldn't have reigns talk... like ever. Even have him push Ambrose away. Just go rogue solo and murder people.

It's how he should have been booked FOREVER if not a smug heel. But please.. keep him away from my main event.

exactly....the goldberg model
reigns is still limited, don't try to make him ****ing shawn michaels, or steve austin, you gotta go a different road

roman has very heelish natural facials, the babyface crap seems phony

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
So they COULD do some interesting things coming out of this. Roman becoming a loner ass kicker could work.

KO squashing some matches and winning the rumble.

Brock coming back and wrecking Sheamus. Stuff like that can work.

I just don't trust this company to actually go anywhere with this.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
But he wasn't directly involved in any of those events (and some of those are so old it doesn't matter anymore. It is wrestling, year and a half burns don't usually happen).

Seth broke the SHIELD up, Seth cashed in on him. Seth was champ. HHH offered him the title after Seth got hurt, he said no.

Roman won anyway, HHH went to shake his hand and he speared him and sheamus cashed in.

That's the problem. HHH is some guy behind the scenes, but he hasn't directly ****ed Roman over. If he came out and helped cost him the belt tonight, it would of made more sense. It just feels really forced, and maybe its just because there is no one available so they can't do the feud with Seth that needs to be done.

They have to address where Dean was though or that is awful storytelling. I think it would of been better to have their relationship fall apart over this, but it doesn't seem that is the plan.

Triple H was clearly involved in Seth breaking The Shield up considering Seth was Triple H's "plan B" and said in a promo around the time frame that he did it because he aligned with power and/or was promised things in return.

As far as Roman is concerned, Seth became The Authority's puppet BECAUSE of Triple H. Seth cashed in at Wrestlemania BECAUSE of Triple H.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
I'm with the people who thought that ending didn't make much sense

Just makes Roman seem like a dick

H offered Reigns the title, and Reigns said no
When Reigns won, H went out to shake the guys hand, and Reigns spears him for literally no reason
And tonight H tries to get Reigns to stop beating Sheamus with a chair, and gets beat down for it

How is this face stuff ?
I'm with the one poster who said it's making me feel more sympathetic for H than for Reigns :laugh:

Oct 18, 2011
Like I said, find video or at least explain sometime soon that Triple H and the LoN beat down Ambrose (and The Usos) backstage so he wouldn't get involved in the main event, or just explain Barrett's absence from the finish as him attacking Ambrose backstage so he's a new title challenger.

The former advances the Reigns/HHH story, but also sets Ambrose up in that program vs. the LoN and sets him up with angles all the way into Wrestlemania.

Where was BNB? Where was "The Family"? Why is this **** on my television then written so poorly just a day later? :laugh: It's awful writing with so many holes that it actually treats the audience like a bunch of idiots.

Yep, pretty much.
WWE has just gotten so complacent that they consistently forget details or do not have the quality control to point these things out before they do them it makes the USO's/Ambrose look like dbags, or it makes Reigns look like a terrible leader whos' boys don't have his back

like imagine if we could get paul heyman put with heel reigns against babyface lesnar.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
It got Reigns over which has been a seemingly impossible task. It did come a little out of nowhere and that will have to be addressed.

I found the commentary to be interesting. Obviously JBL would would sell it the way he did, but Michael Cole certainly played it off like Roman was a heel who had just snapped.

Nicely done, WWE. You created a little intrigue for RAW.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Just in recent weeks, Hunter was making Roman win matches to ensure his friends kept their title matches, and their spot in the handicap match and whatnot. Even if he didn't screw him over, he has been screwing with him.

I don't think Hunter is still a straight heel by the way, I think it all depends on things. There was the night Steph got pissed off at New Day. I think the 'best for business' thing is part of the character and not exclusive to being a heel.

He's also not really a face on NXT, he's more just himself, like everyone else who aren't active characters on there. Not unlike other indie promotions.

DoyleG

Reality sucks, Princesses!
Dec 29, 2008
YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
Triple H was clearly involved in Seth breaking The Shield up considering Seth was Triple H's "plan B" and said in a promo around the time frame that he did it because he aligned with power and/or was promised things in return.

As far as Roman is concerned, Seth became The Authority's puppet BECAUSE of Triple H. Seth cashed in at Wrestlemania BECAUSE of Triple H.

Triple H is the puppetmaster in the WWE.

Hard of concept for people to grasp.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

And that's fine if that topic is brought up a little more regularly AND if Trips screwed Roman a lot more directly between then and now than he has. Trips hasn't really done anything to Roman since the Shield broke up.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Just in recent weeks, Hunter was making Roman win matches to ensure his friends kept their title matches, and their spot in the handicap match and whatnot. Even if he didn't screw him over, he has been screwing with him.

I don't think Hunter is still a straight heel by the way, I think it all depends on things. There was the night Steph got pissed off at New Day. I think the 'best for business' thing is part of the character and not exclusive to being a heel.

He's also not really a face on NXT, he's more just himself, like everyone else who aren't active characters on there. Not unlike other indie promotions.

I'm not even looking at NXT. On the main show he switches sides a lot. Also it can't be ignored the actual slow burn was Seth/HHH. There was no slow burn between Roman/HHH. This is a quick patchwork shoehorned in feud.

Let's not pretend like this is a master plan, but all he did was that timed match (that Roman won and HHH disappeared from TV so that felt like the blow off). The feud was Roman and his family vs the League of Nations.

HHH basically just did a Pat Patterson tonight trying to help the injured wrestler. Not the heel boss screwing Roman. THAT is the problem.

NYGBleedBlueNYR

Mar 16, 2010
I'm not even looking at NXT. On the main show he switches sides a lot. Also it can't be ignored the actual slow burn was Seth/HHH. There was no slow burn between Roman/HHH. This is a quick patchwork shoehorned in feud.

Let's not pretend like this is a master plan, but all he did was that timed match (that Roman won and HHH disappeared from TV so that felt like the blow off). The feud was Roman and his family vs the League of Nations.

HHH basically just did a Pat Patterson tonight trying to help the injured wrestler. Not the heel boss screwing Roman. THAT is the problem.

In a vacuum I could agree with you but for how many years now has HHH been portrayed as the evil authority.

I think a very high % of the audience sees this as Roman beating up the heel boss who's holds him &/or all babyfaces down.

swflyers93

Nov 19, 2007
Norristown, PA
They should not let him talk. Just built on him having snapped. After all the stuff Roman has lost: WM, Wyatt, Sheamus. Not one of his guys can get through to him. Not Ambrose or the Usos, no one. So you have him go after Sheamus from out of nowhere or HHH. Completely nuts. Ban him from the building but he gets in somehow. Definitely could work. Or have him go nuts and attack everyone, Ambrose or anyone good, that could turn him heel. This could work but I know Vince will screw this up.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I think it would have worked better if HHH had more directly screwed Roman over in the weeks leading up to TLC. The way they did it tonight makes it feel more like Roman, who is supposed to be the big face, just threw a temper tantrum.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

So... this is how it should be booked. Period. It advances EVERYTHING in a good way.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
They should not let him talk. Just built on him having snapped. After all the stuff Roman has lost: WM, Wyatt, Sheamus. Not one of his guys can get through to him. Not Ambrose or the Usos, no one. So you have him go after Sheamus from out of nowhere or HHH. Completely nuts. Ban him from the building but he gets in somehow. Definitely could work. Or have him go nuts and attack everyone, Ambrose or anyone good, that could turn him heel. This could work but I know Vince will screw this up.

The small problem. .. Reigns basically crushed 4 major heels all by himself and kept getting up no matter what. He also took Sheamus down AND the league prior to the ppv.

To really sell the sympathy for this, you can't keep making him run dudes over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad