Peterborough Petes 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newbie Observer

Feb 18, 2019
Can't be in a hole in the 1st.. First couple of goals were not strong. The backhand and the top shot from above circle, has to have those in a tight playoff game. Even the shot off the draw.

Reactions: Section5Petes

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
What’s all this about Maccallum slew footing Bloom at the buzzer ?

I never saw that -did any of you ?

In the NB thread they are saying Lockhart was mouthing off to the bench all game etc
I never saw either -

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
What’s all this about Maccallum slew footing Bloom at the buzzer ?

I never saw that -did any of you ?

In the NB thread they are saying Lockhart was mouthing off to the bench all game etc
I never saw either -
After the buzzer at the end of the 3rd, bats blueline, doubt it was on camera but the refs caught. Only mouthing I noticed with Lockhart was post altercation with DD31. Unfortunate result with Gauvreau doubt he had intent on that one

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
Gauvreau listed as indefinite on the OHL website. No Melee and Gauvreau for the foreseeable future. However, getting Stillman back the tide is going to change. #GoPetesGo #PetesIn7 #PackThePMC

Attachments

• F56AAB7C-C70C-4B63-9578-7B033F52FAFD.jpeg
    F56AAB7C-C70C-4B63-9578-7B033F52FAFD.jpeg
    23.9 KB · Views: 2

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
Exactly it. It wasn’t that North Bay was “better” tonight but we simply did not have puck luck whatsoever. We easily could have had 5+ goals. 3-4 posts, rolling pucks, everything. Not trying to make excuses but this was not our game and no need to panic whatsoever. 2-2 and I still feel very good about our chances. Petes got this
6-2....now it might be time to panic....

Petes starting to look like Barrie....when losing..

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
This may be hyperbole but...is game 6 the biggest game the Petes have played since 2006?? You could argue the 2014 playoffs when they came back from down 3-0 to Kingston. But that was round one (and was incredible!). Even in 2016 (I think?) when they made it to the conference finals, all the series were sweeps (Petes swept rounds one and two and then got swept by Mississauga). So I really think this might be the biggest game they've played in a long time. I expect a good one. More like the first 3 than the last 2.

If they can get the win tomorrow, a game 7 is the most unpredictable thing in sports. Anything can happen. History and stats don't matter. I just hope they come out strong tomorrow and push it to 7!

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
This may be hyperbole but...is game 6 the biggest game the Petes have played since 2006?? You could argue the 2014 playoffs when they came back from down 3-0 to Kingston. But that was round one (and was incredible!). Even in 2016 (I think?) when they made it to the conference finals, all the series were sweeps (Petes swept rounds one and two and then got swept by Mississauga). So I really think this might be the biggest game they've played in a long time. I expect a good one. More like the first 3 than the last 2.

If they can get the win tomorrow, a game 7 is the most unpredictable thing in sports. Anything can happen. History and stats don't matter. I just hope they come out strong tomorrow and push it to 7!
It's an interesting dynamic for Game 6 given that North Bay has all the momentum right now and the Petes have their backs against the wall at home with Stillman returning. I assume that Stillman will want to go full tilt to make up for his league-imposed absence the last two games (rather harsh imo). He just might take the rest of the team with him for a crazy Game 6 ride.

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
It's an interesting dynamic for Game 6 given that North Bay has all the momentum right now and the Petes have their backs against the wall at home with Stillman returning. I assume that Stillman will want to go full tilt to make up for his league-imposed absence the last two games (rather harsh imo). He just might take the rest of the team with him for a crazy Game 6 ride.
With the heart they've shown in the playoffs, I expect they'll come out flying tonight. I just hope it's enough. The crowd should be great, again.

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
Jonathan Melee has a broken ankle and is done for the rest of the playoffs no matter what happens. Tough loss. Has the true heart of a Pete

Reactions: TPT

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
3rd line winger
Melee is a key role player with lots of hustle and scores the odd goal. We will miss him.

I saw the play very clearly in front of me in which he was injured. He went in hard towards the puck on the boards and he and Christopolus met shoulder to shoulder and Melee went off balance awkwardly into the boards. It was a "hockey play" as they say and in this case, Christopolous is a heavier guy than Melee with a low centre of gravity so it was like Melee was hitting a tank.

TPT

Jan 11, 2023
In my opinion the Petes have been in every game this post season with the exception of game 5 in North Bay. I’d even say they were the better team for good parts of those games. Where they weren’t it was largely due to their own unforced errors, although there were certainly some stretches of the Ottawa series where you could see why the 67s led the league this year. As long as the Petes team that has been in every game this post season except for one shows up, I like our chances in game 7. Go Petes Go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna