Peterborough Petes 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCur19

Sep 27, 2017
I seen Simpson before game .. didn't appear anything wrong .. it was his Birthday also yesterday .. maybe just a day off present

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
I seen Simpson before game .. didn't appear anything wrong .. it was his Birthday also yesterday .. maybe just a day off present
I honestly think he is burnt out and needs a reprieve.

We have run him into the ground

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
I honestly think he is burnt out and needs a reprieve.

We have run him into the ground
I would rest him the rest of the weekend. Give Sztuska Hamilton and Rye OHL debut Sunday vs Guelph or go Sztuska back to back

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
I would rest him the rest of the weekend. Give Sztuska Hamilton and Rye OHL debut Sunday vs Guelph or go Sztuska back to back
Can’t really gamble a game by starting the 16 year old 3rd string goalie with where we’re at in standings.

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
Rob Wilson on Hometown PTBO with Pete Dalliday. This past Monday, all the players went out to Wilson's house for some team bonding

Reactions: Bra Wavers

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
same lineup today.......maybe Page slides in for McCue after warmup?
Simpson backing up Sztuska.......he will likely get the start at home tomorrow afternoon vs Guelph

Hamilton got thrashed by Kitchener last night.......
Hope the Petes can get up early and then crush their will to fight back at all.

Reactions: Section5Petes

snipes29

Sep 24, 2022
Lol being out worked again by lesser team ? Again stupid penalties hurt this team and Wilson does nothing? What a joke

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
What does it say that Lardis and Panwar are superstars for Hamilton and Hayes and White are "fine" for Peterborough?

Look behind the bench?

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
This team should be competing for at least third place but instead they’ll be fighting for home ice and could possibly only be 6 points ahead of the 8th place team after today which is just sad. It’s too late to fire Wilson but this team needs a wake up call big time

Reactions: WillardJFredricks

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021
What does it say that Lardis and Panwar are superstars for Hamilton and Hayes and White are "fine" for Peterborough?

Look behind the bench?
I will say, as a Hamilton fan, it's so situational. They are playing so much here. More specifically....

1. White was always his best playing behind Staois. Less is more with him. Great skater, lost in his own end.

2. I love Hayes. Just need to find the right C for him. Him and Morrison were money. That's the OA package deal I would have wanted.

The more you watch White, the more you say wtf.

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
We just need to settle down here folks

The third period is going be a great comeback !

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
2. I love Hayes. Just need to find the right C for him. Him and Morrison were money. That's the OA package deal I would have wanted.
Quoting you but this question is mostly for Petes fans... Has Hayes played with any centre but Beck? When everyone got here it was Othmann-Beck-Hayes which doesn't work and now it's Melee-Beck-Hayes.

I know it's limited a bit by Robertson/Beck being the obvious top two centres and Hayes being a top line player (and Robertson having existing chemistry with Avon and Lockhart) but maybe it's time to move Avon back to centre or give Hayes a shot with Robertson.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Trading Lardis and Van Volsen and then falling this flat probably assures that if this team doesn't make the conference final at minimum (which is hard to see at this point), coach and GM should both be gone.
Wilson’s gone that’s pretty much already decided (barring a miracle playoff run) Oke should be but won’t the board of directors love him his job will be safe if I had to put money on it

Reactions: WillardJFredricks

Petes1

Oct 26, 2002
Quoting you but this question is mostly for Petes fans... Has Hayes played with any centre but Beck? When everyone got here it was Othmann-Beck-Hayes which doesn't work and now it's Melee-Beck-Hayes.

I know it's limited a bit by Robertson/Beck being the obvious top two centres and Hayes being a top line player (and Robertson having existing chemistry with Avon and Lockhart) but maybe it's time to move Avon back to centre or give Hayes a shot with Robertson.

Othmann, Robertson and Hayes was a line from the London game until the Kingston game (4 games). Hayes had 8 points, Othmann had 5, Robertson 10.

No one seems to be able to do much unless they're playing with Robertson.

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
Trading Lardis and Van Volsen and then falling this flat probably assures that if this team doesn't make the conference final at minimum (which is hard to see at this point), coach and GM should both be gone.
I’m curious if the push to go wild at the deadline came from higher than Oke because Oke has never been one to mortgage the future and has always been vocal about only completing big trades that help now and in the future.

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
I’m curious if the push to go wild at the deadline came from higher than Oke because Oke has never been one to mortgage the future and has always been vocal about only completing big trades that help now and in the future.
You think Dave Pogue, Dave Lorentz, Rod McGillis etc were telling them to go all in? It's possible but I think Oke and Wilson collectively decided this.

And going all in was not a bad thing at all especially acquiring the names we did, its just tainted right now because of this current play

Reactions: Rounder8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad