Peterborough Petes 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TPT

Jan 11, 2023
Whatever the outcome these playoffs have made me a lifetime Brennan Othmann fan. It’s not only the talent which is obvious but the passion, the discipline, and the leadership. It’s been amazing to watch him him in a Maroon and White jersey during the playoffs. Go Petes Go!

Last edited:

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017
Whatever the outcome these playoffs have made me a lifetime Brennan Othmann fan. It’s not only the talent which is obvious but the passion, the discipline, and the leadership. It’s been amazing to watch him him in a Maroon and White jersey during the playoffs. Go #Petes Go!
I agree. Loads of talent and passion and playing with unbelievable discipline. A team player and I wish him all the best for the remainder of this season and in his future endeavours.

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
Incredible win, come from behind, amazing effort and down two forwards to boot. Hope Melee is okay but it didn't look good the way he went into boards. Stillman has to rein it in on the penalties! Go Petes!
Melee was on crutches by the Petes bench which certainly sucks. Hoping Stillman isn’t suspended. Melee has been absolutely amazing these playoffs but Purdeller really stepped up in his absence providing a dynamic and steady look

Last edited:

Newbie Observer

Feb 18, 2019
IF Melee out, then they need Avon to turn it on. He has been invisible out there. Dont know if the size of NB is getting to him, but he struggled again. Lockhart has turned it up, Avon's time.

Reactions: Section5Petes

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
Whatever the outcome these playoffs have made me a lifetime Brennan Othmann fan. It’s not only the talent which is obvious but the passion, the discipline, and the leadership. It’s been amazing to watch him him in a Maroon and White jersey during the playoffs. Go #Petes Go!
Me too

I sit close to the bench and you should see how he treats his teammates-he is the best !

FirebirdsFan21

Nov 25, 2017
Whatever the outcome these playoffs have made me a lifetime Brennan Othmann fan. It’s not only the talent which is obvious but the passion, the discipline, and the leadership. It’s been amazing to watch him him in a Maroon and White jersey during the playoffs. Go Petes Go!
We loved him in Flint as well. Great to hear other people are taking notice as well.

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
If anyone hears anything about Stillman -please post here as soon as

I can only check in here today

I am worried about:
-Stillman
-McCoy-no third period action
-Melee-obvious
-Smith-scratched took the warmup then played
-White
-Hayes

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
Sucks without Stillman and Melee (potentially others such as Hayes +++) being out but we played nearly 2 full periods without them and Petes still have the talent to win this. Go Petes Go!

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
Sucks without Stillman and Melee (potentially others such as Hayes +++) being out but we played nearly 2 full periods without them and Petes still have the talent to win this. Go Petes Go!
I'm not too worried about the less serious injuries which are normal to play with/through in the playoffs. But with Melee out (I assume indefinitely) and Stillman gone for two games, the tough part is the wear and tear on the rest of the top guys. We will have to play Purdeller and maybe Page on a regular shift . A real test for these guys who haven't played that regularly. May see Lefebvre dressed tonight.

what do people see as the lines tonite?

snipes29

Sep 24, 2022
Stopping in briefly because it's too stressful to be on here mid series but I just want to give the biggest possible shout out to Shawn Spearing. He's been an absolute monster for the Petes so far these playoffs. Excellent, excellent defensively (games called a little looser helps his style of play but he's grinded out so many shifts in the D zone) and some really nice first passes up ice.

I think he's been the Petes best defenceman and I'm not sure it's even that close. Great veteran play and stepping up as the captain.

I think it's fair to say his time here has been a bit uneven, largely because of injuries but he is without a shadow of a doubt playing his best hockey with the Petes right now and they wouldn't be in the conference final without him.
Totally agree blocking shots warrior also

Purdeller and Paige with Dubois as third line, Lefebvre sub in to ease workload. Only have three lines, #20 and #14 have to step up like last night.
Avon needs to step up also

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
IMO
The key tonight will be if Page and Purdeller can be at worst even, 5v5. I think they have shown well so far but can they do it playing 60 minutes on the 3rd line with Dubois playing a regular shift?
Also talk of McCoy and Smith not being 100% worries me….need the top 6 D to shut it down tonight

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
IMO
The key tonight will be if Page and Purdeller can be at worst even, 5v5. I think they have shown well so far but can they do it playing 60 minutes on the 3rd line with Dubois playing a regular shift?
Also talk of McCoy and Smith not being 100% worries me….need the top 6 D to shut it down tonight
Wilson said there is absolutely nothing wrong with McCoy but rather they were just looking for a goal and he is a shut down dman

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
Ok so we lost at home -had to happen at some point
Does this PULLLLLEASE mean we can ditch the “white out”?
No one is really going with that anyway -few are wearing white

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Really missed Stillman and melee tonight although purdeller was good. North bay just has a little more depth up front

Reactions: Bra Wavers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad