Peterborough Petes 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newbie Observer

Feb 18, 2019
I thought the Petes out chanced them. The new guys played well. Difference was goaltending, Simpson had an off night. Last three goals were not good. At the other end, we had open nets and chances but didnt capitalize. ITs two two series. Couple days rest will help us.

2scoops

Dec 11, 2022
Wilson said there is absolutely nothing wrong with McCoy but rather they were just looking for a goal and he is a shut down dman
Unless your part of on ice team or coaching staff why would Wilson say anything about a players health status?

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
I thought the Petes out chanced them. The new guys played well. Difference was goaltending, Simpson had an off night. Last three goals were not good. At the other end, we had open nets and chances but didnt capitalize. ITs two two series. Couple days rest will help us.
Exactly it. It wasn’t that North Bay was “better” tonight but we simply did not have puck luck whatsoever. We easily could have had 5+ goals. 3-4 posts, rolling pucks, everything. Not trying to make excuses but this was not our game and no need to panic whatsoever. 2-2 and I still feel very good about our chances. Petes got this

Reactions: Zebra and 2scoops

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Series is 2-2 and probably should be 2-2. Just wondering what happened to Melee? I saw the play and it wasn’t so much getting hit but the way his left left bent weird into the boards. Hope nothing too serious

Newbie Observer

Feb 18, 2019
Dont think Melee will be back, if he was on crutches and Stillman has another game suspension. Could cost them the series. they were not deep up front to start with.

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017
Dont think Melee will be back, if he was on crutches and Stillman has another game suspension. Could cost them the series. they were not deep up front to start with.
Melee's situation is a result of a hockey play, Stillman's a result of putting himself ahead of the team.

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
Melee's situation is a result of a hockey play, Stillman's a result of putting himself ahead of the team.
I get what you’re saying about selfish penalties-

I suppose Stillman has taken foolish (selfish) penalties in the past but all our lads probably have done so at some point.

However, in this case I think Stillman’s call was unmerited

At the time I didn’t see anything untoward and on the replays I didn’t see the infraction-I honestly didn’t see a problem

The league obviously feels differently (or had a different vantage point) otherwise he would not have been given the suspension.

The officiating throughout that entire game 3 was atrocious-totally ridiculous.

For example MacDonald laid a slew foot on Zanetti in the 3 rd period no call -
Plus 3 goals called back ?!!?!?
C’mon that’s suspect right there !

Reactions: Section5Petes

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
GO PETES GO!!! GO PETES GO!!! GO PETES GO!!! GO PETES GO!!! GO PETES GO!!! GO PETES GO!!! GO PETES GO!!! GO PETES GO!!! GO PETES GO!!! GO PETES GO!!! GO PETES GO!!! GO PETES GO!!! GO PETES GO!!!

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Game 5 in North Bay.......

The bad news
- Simpson coming off an off-night in Game 4
- Melee and Stillman out
- Many guys are banged up

The good news
- Coach Wilson will definitely be able to use the "battle to overcome adversity" angle
- The Petes have already won in NB
- Purdeller and Page were solid with increased responsibilities in Game 4 - both were a +1
- The Petes' best players should be able to bounce back and be their best players - many chances narrowly missed in Game 4

Best 2 out of 3

Gonna be a nail-biter

Reactions: Section5Petes

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
North bay has way more depth. Taking 2 top 9 forwards out of the Petes lineup isn’t ideal. The third line becomes much weaker
Well of course now things are thin losing Stillman and Melee but at full strength we are as good as anybody. As a matter fact we are still as good as anybody right now. Petes got this. They all know what’s at stake and are not going home empty handed. GO PETES GO!!
1683242603813.png

Last edited:
Reactions: ptbopete

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
Such a tight matchup. Simpson wasn't his best last night, and I think that made the difference. Not to knock him. He's been incredible all season and even more so in the playoffs. Everyone will have an "off" night. Too bad the team didn't bail him out the way he's bailed the D out so, so many times. I think a day off will Haley everyone. I won't see any of the game tomorrow night, but Sunday will be interesting!

It's been this way all season (in my opinion) but the D is so shaky. I'm on the edge of my seat when McCoy is deep in the other end, extending his shift and getting gassed. And Zanetti inspires zero confidence. Luckily Spearing has been a rock. But the defence is nerve wracking to watch. Has been all year.

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
It's been this way all season (in my opinion) but the D is so shaky. I'm on the edge of my seat when McCoy is deep in the other end, extending his shift and getting gassed. And Zanetti inspires zero confidence. Luckily Spearing has been a rock. But the defence is nerve wracking to watch. Has been all year.
I agree they were shaky last game but we just need a reset. The coaches need to go over the simple things, go over the systems with Zanetti and with the rest and get that mojo back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad