Peterborough Petes 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Ya think so ? I hope you’re right -
Any tips
For us ?
No, they beat us up lol. Not entirely but watching them their D all season to me, they have breakdowns. If you can capitalize you should be in good shape. Their PP tho is darn good. Id like to see McCoy stepup this series as well

Reactions: Section5Petes

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
I think if they play the way they played against Ottawa (minus the 2 recent 3rd Periods) We should be fine
Those two 3rd period meltdowns shook me to my core -I am still reeling from how completely helpless we were -we had no answer no pushback

It has made me so frantic

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
Those two 3rd period meltdowns shook me to my core -I am still reeling from how completely helpless we were -we had no answer no pushback

The tick is for the Petes to start strong so if the other team gets momentum, it's on the other team to catch up to us. We have to be more than physical though, need to bury our chances and pressure their D.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace

Barrie allowed 3 goals in the 3rd last night so there is no margin for error against NB. It will be tough. 2 experienced teams.

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
I think it's a toss-up. 50/50 (maybe 51-49 in favour of the Petes). I really don't know who will win. I went with North Bay because the last round I picked against the Petes and was happily wrong. I hope the trend continues!
Ya gotta stick with what works !

It’s crazy what you get roped into doing for your team -my superstitions are outta control!

I am a female -the first game of the Sudbury series a fellow fan commented on my nail colour and said it was a lucky colour -2 manicures later still going with the same colour

My dumbest -my orange rabbits foot -I bought it during the 2006 run and I lost it until recently -
It’s not a coincidence

Reactions: WillardJFredricks

Petes

Jun 23, 2014

From what I’ve gathered on Leek…

- Late bloomer + late birthday (only played last two years of AAA) would be first time eligible for NHL draft next season. Should help with recruitment (ncaa interest)
- Led ETA U18 in scoring
- Skilled kid with a great work ethic. Good size at 6’1 195lbs
- Has signed a ‘letter of intent’ to play AJHL next season out west. I’m assuming that’s if he doesn’t sign with the Petes now… Petes don’t make this pick without making sure they’ve got a shot to recruit him.
- Was older than most of the players selected today being a 2005.. another thing that leads me to believe they think he can play and will come. They’ve had success with this draft in the past, would be nice to do it again.

Last edited:

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
Home games 3 and 4 officially sold out. Club standing and restaurant tables being sold again! Soon to be 7 home playoff games, which makes for 7 sellouts! #PackThePMC #GoPetesGo

Reactions: WillardJFredricks

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Stopping in briefly because it's too stressful to be on here mid series but I just want to give the biggest possible shout out to Shawn Spearing. He's been an absolute monster for the Petes so far these playoffs. Excellent, excellent defensively (games called a little looser helps his style of play but he's grinded out so many shifts in the D zone) and some really nice first passes up ice.

I think he's been the Petes best defenceman and I'm not sure it's even that close. Great veteran play and stepping up as the captain.

I think it's fair to say his time here has been a bit uneven, largely because of injuries but he is without a shadow of a doubt playing his best hockey with the Petes right now and they wouldn't be in the conference final without him.

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
Stopping in briefly because it's too stressful to be on here mid series but I just want to give the biggest possible shout out to Shawn Spearing. He's been an absolute monster for the Petes so far these playoffs. Excellent, excellent defensively (games called a little looser helps his style of play but he's grinded out so many shifts in the D zone) and some really nice first passes up ice.

I think he's been the Petes best defenceman and I'm not sure it's even that close. Great veteran play and stepping up as the captain.

I think it's fair to say his time here has been a bit uneven, largely because of injuries but he is without a shadow of a doubt playing his best hockey with the Petes right now and they wouldn't be in the conference final without him.
Good call Northern Voice, Spearing has been a rock star all season and especially in the playoffs. I will add that Mayer has played great as well. Both are steady, block shots and get points.

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
colts fan here hopping on your bandwagon.

taking a holiday to Tampa and the carribean will be cheering the Petes on from there.

NB gonna try to injure ur top scorers as they did for us in game 2. throw the hits and go do the same to them right back.

hopefully we tired them out for you.

BAR had full control of game 7 until 2 bad penalties in the 3rd. believe the strategy was to stay tight with NB offence, collapse at the net and get in front of shots & smother them, not giving them any room in the O zone.

that's the key

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
colts fan here hopping on your bandwagon.

taking a holiday to Tampa and the carribean will be cheering the Petes on from there.

NB gonna try to injure ur top scorers as they did for us in game 2. throw the hits and go do the same to them right back.

hopefully we tired them out for you.

BAR had full control of game 7 until 2 bad penalties in the 3rd. believe the strategy was to stay tight with NB offence, collapse at the net and get in front of shots & smother them, not giving them any room in the O zone.

that's the key
Lots of room on the bandwagon -you’re always welcome and thank you for the tips!

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
The stage is set at the PMC as well! Bobby Orr Trophy and other OHL corporate ads in place and its GO TIME! GO PETES GO!!!
1682690650305.png

Reactions: Hockytwn51419

Newbie Observer

Feb 18, 2019
Horrible 2nd. Looked nervous, not skating started to look like OTtawa 3rd again. Need to take game to NB and not sit back.

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
Missed the game but it looks like they came out flying and mailed in the last 40 mins? This accurate?

Newbie Observer

Feb 18, 2019
Dominated 1st, was dominated in 2nd. 3rd played better, but still went into def mode. NB can be beat down low and we just didnt get any pressure from 1st on.

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017
Dominated 1st, was dominated in 2nd. 3rd played better, but still went into def mode. NB can be beat down low and we just didnt get any pressure from 1st on.
Nice to get the win but the Petes have to be much better to win this series. North Bay is a strong team and will be hard to beat. Thank God that we have Simpson. I didn't see much Of Hayes in the third, let's hope it's not an injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad