Peterborough Petes 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
I could not disagree more Section7 and foghorn. London was the laughing stock of the league until the Hunters brought in stability and direction. This starts at the top. Oke is doing a good job but is constantly having his hands tied by the Board which rubber stamp every move. IMO. He needs more control. The same can be said about the Soo. They put more coaches and GM to the next level than anybody now. Forward thinking is why. They lose Dubois and get Raftis. They lose Keefe and bring in (not even sure) but they continue to win. They say Kingston brought in 4 players, they did but they were picked to be 9th and somehow good coaching (Foster?) brought them to the conference final. The 4 were added after they realized this. Rebuilds take 1 year not 4. Give Oke more control and see what happens.

Pay for coaching. Grimes and Foster helped our team to the best season in many years and want to come back. Why are we considering others. Put the money where it is needed. Players do not want to come here because it hurts their draft status. Make it a place where they want to come. I watch the Soo play all the time because they believe in puck possession. That is why they win. Dump and chase is gone. Goon hockey is dead. We need to adapt our continue to be bottom feeders complaining kids do not want o be here.

London traded away Jones, Pu, and Thomas and still ended up in 5th. Next year they will be 1st. Forward thinking.
Sorry just want to win and stop living in the past.

The Petes will never ever be able to do what London has done. London has an arena that fills with 9,000 fans each game and the Petes would get less than half of that money doing the same thing. You can believe whatever you want but London didn't get all of those great players to show up by just being a good franchise. Behind the scene deals happen.

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
What's happening in Kingston? They brought in supposedly top end talent and have been outscored 13-3 in the past two games.
If they were playing anyone in the eastern conference other than Hamilton, this comment would be valid enough to consider

R0bert0 Lu0ng0

Nov 19, 2007
It’s not a right to be drafted it’s a privilege

You've got this almost perfectly backwards. It's a privilege to have a player (who could play in multiple other leagues and/or re-enter the draft) report. The Petes are the ones who have to sell themselves to these kids as the best move for them to develop.. that is their priority and they don't owe this or any other OHL team anything.

Reactions: NA Hockey

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
The Petes will never ever be able to do what London has done. London has an arena that fills with 9,000 fans each game and the Petes would get less than half of that money doing the same thing. You can believe whatever you want but London didn't get all of those great players to show up by just being a good franchise. Behind the scene deals happen.

Here's to hoping the Petes can convince Bar and Cuylle to report.

Some interesting info.......

London’s All-Decommit Team
Kevin Montgomery (Ohio State)
Jarred Tinordi (Notre Dame)
David Meckler (Yale)
John Carlson (UMass)
Patrick Kane (Boston University)
Max Domi (University of Michigan)
Anthony Stolarz (University of Nebraska-Omaha)
Michael McCarron (Western Michigan)
Mitch Marner (University of Michigan)
Matthew Tkachuk (Notre Dame)
Christian Dvorak (Wisconsin)
J.J. Piccinich (Boston University)
Sam Miletic (University of Michigan)
Ian Blacker (Western Michigan)
Jacob Golden (Harvard University)
Alec Regula (University of Michigan)
Antonio Stranges (University of Michigan)

Peterborough’s All-Decommit Team
Nelson Armstrong (St. Lawrence University)
Bobby Dow (Mercyhurst University)

Petes

Jun 23, 2014

David Meckler (Yale)
John Carlson (UMass)

LOL... we aren't getting Bar or Cuylle. :help:

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018

David Meckler (Yale)
John Carlson (UMass)

They didn't just get all of those players from being a good franchise. That doesn't include all the high end imports they've swayed to commit.

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
Bob jones and Oshawa couldn’t reach an extension deal he’s proven himself a worthy candidate he helped Oshawa big time over the last cpl years

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
If he’s healthy enough to be back full time I think he’d be good a defensive minded coach
If the Generals couldn't sign him to a contract and he is also Friends with Rocco Tullio (owner) it's highly unlikely the Pete's could afford his services. Just saying

Petes1

Oct 26, 2002
Bob Jones not returning to Oshawa doesn't mean the Petes can't afford him. There could be many reasons Oshawa and Jones couldn't come to an agreement, especially with his health concerns.

I'll be a bit surprised at this point if it is Williamson. Brock's season has been over for a long time. What would be the holdup in hiring him? Wouldn't you want him at the rookie camp to meet players and parents?

Dan Malta tweeted a few weeks ago that he spoke to Oke at the draft and Oke said he was waiting to interview a coach that was still in the playoffs. That seems like Foster to me, although Mike Davies did mention Joe Cirella and John Druce as being others the Petes might look and both are still coaching.

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
Funny part is they won't be able to afford ($$$) Marty.
I don't think Brock would pay him that much. Uni hockey isn't big in Ontario. I don't think he would have answered question to Mike Davies if he wasn't interested or there wasn't a chance. I'd say he's still in the running until the Petes make an announcement or Brock announces an extension.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Cuylie accepting Penn State offer
Playing Jr A next 2 seasons in Toronto

This has been rumoured for a while now. I expect him to be traded come training camp.

Also, if he does every play Jr.A... which I highly doubt, it'll be for the North York Rangers it looks like... he skated at their rookie camp.

I hope Oke tries to sign quite a few guys from this draft... I think Butler, Spearing, Suda, Percibelli, Kirk and Austin are all going to be OHL calibre players. That's not even counting Cuylle and Bar.

Last edited:

OU812

Sep 11, 2017
Also, if he does every play Jr.A... which I highly doubt, it'll be for the North York Rangers it looks like... he skated at their rookie camp..

Interesting because he did not stand out on team orange. Wonder if he was holding back? Other teams had players that were far more noticeable. Hmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad