Player Discussion Peter Cehlarik

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Seems your numbers are inaccurate. I believe Backes scored against Pitts, Nash assisted on Charas blast the other game. Heinen still reelin in points. That Nash line also is one that seems to have great zone time. They cycle well and do the other stuff i.e. cause turnovers, hitting, forechecking.

Nash in the past 10 games : 3 goals 4 assists.
Backes the past 10 games: 4 goals 7 assists
Heinen the past 10 games: 2 goals 7 assists

Do you want this line to sprout wings as well?

The hell would you break up the 74-46-51 line? Are you mad? Why are you so keen to break up lines that are clicking? :huh: weird

The Krejci line has the following stats the past 9 games: 10 g 9 a

Im all for giving Celly a chance but youre mad if your breaking up lines that are working. Let the kid play in the A and hell have a spot when someone falters

If you replace spooner with Cehlarik

Replace nash with spooner

Replace nash with schaller

What is the problem?... teams offense likely would get a boost

Killing montreal is not a real test....scoring 4 pts against crappy teams does not mean everything is optimal

With Cehlarik up this season and marchy bergeron a little bruised up ...team was able to beat the sharks, kings, devils, pens

Very good offensive zone time/offensive production for this line during
this stretch....

Reactions: pineapplestastegood

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

Killing montreal is not a real test....scoring 4 pts against crappy teams does not mean everything is optimal

With Cehlarik up this season and marchy bergeron a little bruised up ...team was able to beat the sharks, kings, devils, pens

this stretch....

Why is it so hard for you to understand this little concept:

THE TEAM IS WINNING GAMES. WHY ARE WE SHUFFLING THE LINES UP TO GET A GUY IN WITH 15 CAREER NHL GAMES IN?

You're out to lunch, dude. I'm curious why you really think adding Cehlarik (4 points in 15 games) is going to give the team this huge boost? You want to get Cehlarik with DeBrusk and Krejci in the worst way, yet Spooner is working fine there. He's been productive and playing, arguably, the best hockey of his career.

Even if he's not a long-term option for the team, solid play over a long period of time will have a positive effect on his value. Cehlarik continuing to grow in the AHL is not a bad thing. He has plenty to work on. I'm curious what you'll do (or how you'll act) if Bjork is the one who gets re-called first. Should I expect an eruption?

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Why is it so hard for you to understand this little concept:

do you read? With Cehlarik up...which teams did the Bruins beat? Not saying it was all him but that line took on alot of the responsibilities to make things happen on the offensive end/offensive zone time

during this current unbeaten streak which worthy teams did the Bruins beat? outside of the Jets and losing to the pens and caps... all these other teams may not even make it into the playoffs

Islanders tonight again, Habs again Sat.... get back to me when the team can handle the Devils , Blues, Leafs after. Nash will contribute offensively right? Spooner able to handle the intensity/physical play at the wing? Lets see who is right

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
do you read? With Cehlarik up...which teams did the Bruins beat? Not saying it was all him but that line took on alot of the responsibilities to make things happen on the offensive end/offensive zone time

during this current unbeaten streak which worthy teams did the Bruins beat? outside of the Jets and losing to the pens and caps... all these other teams may not even make it into the playoffs

Islanders tonight again, Habs again Sat.... get back to me when the team can handle the Devils , Blues, Leafs after. Nash will contribute offensively right? Spooner able to handle the intensity/physical play at the wing? Lets see who is right

I could literally ask you the same thing.... So you've now moved to quality of opponents to argue why Cehlarik should be in the lineup? haha

Bruin4Life

Nov 6, 2006

this stretch....

Because 9 times out of 10. Replacing one place with another does not mean replication of production. You mess with chemistry you mess with scoring. Look at Lucic vs Maroon and who is playing alongside McDavid. Lucic is obviously a better player.

Look at Backes, when he came he played alongside Bergy and Marchand and Backes is way better than Cehlarik. Backes had little chemistry with the two.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
Like to see Cehlarik back with Krecji, they worked good together. Not allot of goals out of the kid but he was picking up helpers.
Not going to happen, Cassidy isn't splitting up Debrusk and Krejci and I'd be surprised if he moved Spooner off of the line. I'm starting to feel like a crazy person complaining despite success but I don't like the makeup of that line I don't think the chemistry is there with Krejci and his wingers.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Not going to happen, Cassidy isn't splitting up Debrusk and Krejci and I'd be surprised if he moved Spooner off of the line. I'm starting to feel like a crazy person complaining despite success but I don't like the makeup of that line I don't think the chemistry is there with Krejci and his wingers.

There is plenty of chemistry on that line. Unfortunately, it's all between DeBrusk and Spooner. DK is a complete mismatch out there with those two.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Question: Cehlarik is called up on an emergency basis.
When Marchand and Acciari are ready to play again...does Cehlarik have to be sent down?

How can an ahl player status change from emergency callup to perm roster spot during the middle of the season?

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Question: Cehlarik is called up on an emergency basis.
When Marchand and Acciari are ready to play again...does Cehlarik have to be sent down?

How can an ahl player status change from emergency callup to perm roster spot during the middle of the season?
1 move is made each time.... but now with Bjork down, it likely changes to a regular recall

Reactions: rocketdan9

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Heinen Bergeron Pasta has not worked ....

no it has not. Marchand not with Bergeron screws everything up.
Bergy should not be with Pasta if Marsh is out.

Gotta put Bergy with Debrusk and maybe Backes on his wing.
Reunite Celly with Krejci and Pasta until Brad is back.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

Not a bad idea

What about

Debrusk Bergeron Spooner
Cehlarik Krejci Pasta

Reactions: Battleford Bruin

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton

Maybe you are right but I don’t see Cassidy doing that . All we can hope for is adding Cehlarik to the 3rd line has a bigger impact than Bjork did and the Bergeron line can play reasonably well until Marchand gets back .

Reactions: LSCII

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
In California trip he started on Bergeron's wing. Then he moved to Krejci's line where he had the most noticable presence.
With defensive minded player like Nash on the 3rd line I don't expect he will have much of an impact.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Too many moving pieces in what you suggest and it screws up all the lines just for a short term period while Marchand is suspended. I can't see Cassidy doing that. Instead, you let one line struggle and hope the other 3 pick up the scoring slack. What you propose possibly alters the chemistry of every line and could likely be a negative impact across all of them.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Maybe you are right but I don’t see Cassidy doing that . All we can hope for is adding Cehlarik to the 3rd line has a bigger impact than Bjork did and the Bergeron line can play reasonably well until Marchand gets back .

This is exactly what I expect as well. You can't make wholesale changes across all lines just because one line is struggling due to a player being suspended for the short term.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad