TSN: Perron Suspended 6 Games

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
The league is inconsistent as f***.

Trouba slashed a guy in the head. 5k fine.

Brendan Smith gives a guy a whack across the wrists. 2 games.

Watson shoots puck at another player. 2k fine.

Joseph crosschecks Larkin in the neck/head. Nothing.

Perron crosschecks Zub. 6 games.

Fire Parros.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007

Here's how the Wings used to/still should react to rats like Joseph.

Back when the NHL had quality violence. Now it’s a bunch of dangerous shit that no one is held accountable for. No McCartys, Kocurs, or Proberts, and so everyone is…. “safer.”
Guys this was not an acceptable play...

I get why he reacted but for gods sake, drop the gloves..

Stick work is the weakest sign of toughness...

We adore McCarty because he beat Lemieux up.. had he just cross checked him in the face I'd say he was nothing more than a chicken sh..
McCarty dragged him to the boards and smashed his face into them lol. McCarty, Kocur, Probert, these guys all got guys from behind, blindside punches, sneaky punches with gloves on. This idea that they did things “honorably” is a myth. They stuck to the code. Beyond that? Almost anything would go.

Perron’s reaction was cringey and embarrassing only because he got the wrong guy. If that’s Joseph, I’m perfectly fine with it. I mean, I’d prefer he used his fists instead, but whatever, he saw red. Just get the right guy next time lol.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Back when the NHL had quality violence. Now it’s a bunch of dangerous shit that no one is held accountable for. No McCartys, Kocurs, or Proberts, and so everyone is…. “safer.”

McCarty dragged him to the boards and smashed his face into them lol. McCarty, Kocur, Probert, these guys all got guys from behind, blindside punches, sneaky punches with gloves on. This idea that they did things “honorably” is a myth. They stuck to the code. Beyond that? Almost anything would go.

Perron’s reaction was cringey and embarrassing only because he got the wrong guy. If that’s Joseph, I’m perfectly fine with it. I mean, I’d prefer he used his fists instead, but whatever, he saw red. Just get the right guy next time lol.

While I'm not about to proclaim that those guys never did those things, a cross check to the face is gutless..plain and simple...

While is recognize its all violence, I still believe some things are simply off limits..

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"

We adore McCarty because he beat Lemieux up.. had he just cross checked him in the face I'd say he was nothing more than a chicken sh..

Ciccarelli and the Grim Reaper. Two Wings most fans adore and both throwing two major sucker punches. These boards would go nuclear if someone did either of these things today. Minor penalties back when the league was a better place.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
While I'm not about to proclaim that those guys never did those things, a cross check to the face is gutless..plain and simple...

While is recognize its all violence, I still believe some things are simply off limits..
Yeah I almost don't even care about the "What about-ism" in this case. Or at least in the end I don't. It was that bad.

Reactions: Alex1234

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA

He earned his 5+ games, but we all know Perron has zero history, and we also know a response had to be made. I'm fine with the suspension, but if this is how the league is going to do it, they can scrape Joseph off the ice when the teams see each other again on 31 January.

jaster

Jun 8, 2007

I get what you’re saying, but to me context matters. And Joseph has earned himself some real pain. He’s a scrub who has now injured our captain and best player twice. Preferably, someone tenderizes his mug with their sister fisters, but if it were he who took Perron’s crosscheck to the face, I’d say he’s still getting off easy. I do kinda feel bad for Zub lol.

Reactions: Zetterberg4Captain

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
Yeah I almost don't even care about the "What about-ism" in this case. Or at least in the end I don't. It was that bad.
To be fair, there wasn’t whataboutism. There was a claim that the old school guys doled out punishment “the right way,” but they very often did not. You messed with the captain back then, you paid for it. And sometimes you never saw the payment coming. Or your payment never saw the collector coming. Or something. Whatever, you get it.

Reactions: 14ari13

jaster

Jun 8, 2007

Lol. To me, there’s no defending this ruling, unless your stance is simply, “I want violence out of the game at all costs.” In which case… ok. We just disagree.

Today’s NHL is such an embarrassment with the way they handle all this. Grossly inconsistent, stupid criteria, incompetent leadership. My love for the sport of hockey keeps me around though, to forever complain about this joke of an amateur league :laugh:

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
To be fair, there wasn’t whataboutism. There was a claim that the old school guys doled out punishment “the right way,” but they very often did not. You messed with the captain back then, you paid for it. And sometimes you never saw the payment coming. Or your payment never saw the collector coming. Or something. Whatever, you get it.
I don't disagree with that. I moreso had Perron's agent in mind.

Reactions: jaster

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Piss poor. Guy had time to have coffee and donuts while shooting that one

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad