TSN: Perron Suspended 6 Games

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
This is such archaic thinking. The punishment that Homer took in the 90s and early 2000s has largely been removed from the game. Fronting the forward took the stage 20 years ago. Sure there’s still a little of it left but it’s nothing like what Homer suffered. Night and day different.
Cool story but I remember this one time when Larkin got f***in concussed and we didn't even get a power play for it.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020

Thanks Buttman for your time lol

They better use that 6 game suspension as the new standard for crosschecks and intentional high sticking to the head. If it's just against Perron but we see Trouba get another fine with no suspension for shit that would have gotten him suspended 20 f***ing years ago then we riot.

Reactions: GoBoltz56

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
They better use that 6 game suspension as the new standard for crosschecks and intentional high sticking to the head. If it's just against Perron but we see Trouba get another fine with no suspension for shit that would have gotten him suspended 20 f***ing years ago then we riot.
I think that was the basis of bultman's article (didn't read it but his tweets i did). He essentially is saying that they wanted to increase the suspendable games to create the new standard from the 4 games that whoever got on glendening would now be increased to 6 games now to show more deterrence.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I think that was the basis of bultman's article (didn't read it but his tweets i did). He essentially is saying that they wanted to increase the suspendable games to create the new standard from the 4 games that whoever got on glendening would now be increased to 6 games now to show more deterrence.

Yeah, but let's face it. That's not how this thing works. Perros is the worst head of the DPOS since I've been watching. At least with Colin Campbell and Shanahan it was either consistently good or consistently bad rulings. Not a mixed bag based on how they were feeling that day.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004

Thanks Buttman for your time lol

If you want to get your fill of bullshit douchey lawyerese, read Bettman's ruling.

He's such a sniveling POS. And I say this as someone who thinks 6 games was justified for Perron (though it would be nice if they applied that standard going forward, which they won't).

One of his defenses for ignoring the appeal is that one of the previous examples where Kadri was suspended clearly didn't do the job because Kadri was suspended again later. So he's citing the DoPS previous incompetence to justify this one instance. He also goes to great lengths to effectively say all these instances are unique anyway so there is no precedent we need to follow.

rbartnik

Mar 9, 2019
They took six games to rule on whether or not Perron should have to sit for six games? What a joke. The Players Association should have a problem with this, because it's not much of an appeal if the outcome can't change.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad