TSN: Perron Suspended 6 Games

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
I don't disagree with that. I moreso had Perron's agent in mind.
Ah I see. I mean, I think that’s a big factor that has to be acknowledged. I’m not comfortable giving DoPS a pass on their incompetency, just because a cross check to the face makes me cringe. But I realize I’m probably in the minority here :eek3:

Reactions: dj4aces

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Since Tkachuk came onto the ice with medical personnel, shouldn't that be a 10 game suspension for leaving the bench? lol. Just sayin'.

• Haha
Reactions: Alex1234

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
Man Allan Walsh is still going off lol.
I mean... that's part of what an agent is supposed to do. Get fired the hell up and fight for your client, whether it be for more money or for perceived injustice.

That isn't to say I don't think he earned his suspension, because he totally earned it. But this is part of what Perron pays Walsh to do.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
I mean... that's part of what an agent is supposed to do. Get fired the hell up and fight for your client, whether it be for more money or for perceived injustice.

That isn't to say I don't think he earned his suspension, because he totally earned it. But this is part of what Perron pays Walsh to do.
Oh yeah I get his angle.

Reactions: dj4aces

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

If an agent makes a percentage of the player's salary, does he take a hit when the player gets fined or suspended?

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Fine overall with this, though I think 5 was more than enough. I was already unimpressed with Perron's level of effort and overall play and stupid early penalties, and now he does this bonehead move. I am really at the point where I am done with him and fine if we traded him.

The league is inconsistent as f***.

Trouba slashed a guy in the head. 5k fine.

Brendan Smith gives a guy a whack across the wrists. 2 games.

Watson shoots puck at another player. 2k fine.

Joseph crosschecks Larkin in the neck/head. Nothing.

Perron crosschecks Zub. 6 games.

Fire Parros.

Hey, don't you talk shit about Joseph. That guy is a super individual and mega classy guy. I won't stand for any ill talk of him!

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016

Ciccarelli and the Grim Reaper. Two Wings most fans adore and both throwing two major sucker punches. These boards would go nuclear if someone did either of these things today. Minor penalties back when the league was a better place.

I never adored Grimson. He was a meathead on the ice his whole career. He is closer to how I view Samuellsson or Hatcher (always hated them, super dirty) as Wing players. Most of the other Wings enforcers aside from Kocur could at least play the game of hockey most of the time.

He earned his 5+ games, but we all know Perron has zero history, and we also know a response had to be made. I'm fine with the suspension, but if this is how the league is going to do it, they can scrape Joseph off the ice when the teams see each other again on 31 January.

Actually Perron does have non suspended history though. A fan posted on the mains in the offseason a play that was super dirty that I had never seen by Perron in one of the recent playoffs when I asked why he hated Perron.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Interesting. I'm curious how this would actually go, should it require the arbitrator

Not worth it, as Bettman virtually never overturns a decision made by the DOPS. At best he deserves one less game anyhow.

If my agent said this after I did something SUPER dumb, I would tell him to SHUT UP!

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
In a vacuum the suspension is fine but the league has already set a ridiculous precedent of not coming down on guys that six games looks stupidly harsh. On top of that the league has become wholly ineffective at policing the game that stuff like Perron (and Gudbranson's shellacking of Cousins) is going to slowly become more common place, imo, and is something I don't have a huge problem with if players are going to have to rely more on protecting themselves.

I'm also going to say that going after Joseph in two months is pointless. They need to target Stutzle.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012

Here's how the Wings used to/still should react to rats like Joseph.

It's impressive that even while selectively romanticizing the past, the tough guys really accomplished nothing in this video. Oh no, he got hugged by McCarty, really gonna make sure to not touch Yzerman again!

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
In a vacuum the suspension is fine but the league has already set a ridiculous precedent of not coming down on guys that six games looks stupidly harsh. On top of that the league has become wholly ineffective at policing the game that stuff like Perron (and Gudbranson's shellacking of Cousins) is going to slowly become more common place, imo, and is something I don't have a huge problem with if players are going to have to rely more on protecting themselves.

I'm also going to say that going after Joseph in two months is pointless. They need to target Stutzle.

Why not target Zub?

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Why not target Zub?
same reason players don't target Fischer or Sprong.

DOPS has been crap for as long as I can remember but in the past players still had a way of policing each other. But the league has managed to largely erase that while still being incompetent at filling the void its created. I think returning the favor by going after players of similar stature on the other team is really the easiest way to send a message because going after Joseph...who cares? The sens will take that trade any day, and I don't think players like Joseph or Kostin wouldn't shrug from having to drop the gloves or getting ran.

Reactions: 14ari13 and dj4aces

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
I think most teams probably try to already key on players like that. Get them off their game, I'm not saying you go Perron on Stutzle, or board him. Finish your checks, put him on his ass sometimes.

Give him a shove in front of net, if ya get a little high eh whatever, it's just a hockey play right? Just a usual NHL net front scrum.

Reactions: Winger98

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Prolly should of seen double digit games. Stick as a weapon is as bad as it gets.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Ah I see. I mean, I think that’s a big factor that has to be acknowledged. I’m not comfortable giving DoPS a pass on their incompetency, just because a cross check to the face makes me cringe. But I realize I’m probably in the minority here :eek3:
Idk if it's just me but from a pretty young age I was taught that, that is some scum-bag stuff on the ice. I can literally only remember a few times in years someone used the stick as a real weapon on ice and it turned out really badly for them.

It's the stuff that gets you a ticket with the boys an we'll wait outside type of activity... IT's just how it always was growing up.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Prolly should of seen double digit games. Stick as a weapon is as bad as it gets.
Zub played the next shift. In situations like this, I think the extent of injury factors into the punishment.

I'd gladly take the 6 games if Perron had targeted the right player. Perron's skating is so slow this season, I barely even miss him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad