Boston Bruins 2024-25 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
all i have to say is don’t over pay for mediocre talent like chiarelli did
Yep.

The sweet spots in free agency are the bargain bin and the top of the market guys.

The middle will kill you.

You’ll almost always overcommit in terms at the top of the market, but at least you’ll get value earlier in the deal.

I want major upgrades in the top 6 forward group, and I’m willing to get creative and move our pieces to bring in dynamic pieces.

No sacred cows.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
- Move Ullmark, you might have the money to keep him but he’s a luxury not a necessity.

- Resign DeBrusk if you can on reasonable terms

- Lindholm / Monahan

- Depth pieces

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Blue line looks decent right now but could stand to add a piece.

Lohrei-McAvoy
Lindhom-Carlo
Wotherspoon-Peeke
???

I've warmed up to letting DeBrusk walk. He's solid, good PKer, but just doesn't bring it to the level we know he can consistently enough to warrant giving a big deal to. I also feel no need to rush getting a center. I don't want to go out and get one just to get one, I'd like the team to take the time to find the right guy. Maybe there's a middle six guy you can get for a decent deal so we can move Zacha back to wing. I just don't want to see a huge deal given to someone like Lindholm who may have another good season or two in him before his contract becomes an anchor.

Swayman extension is definitely priority #1. Ullmark is now the clear #2, which hopefully makes him more open to a trade.

Reactions: SPV

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014

Lohrei-McAvoy
Lindhom-Carlo
Wotherspoon-Peeke
???

I've warmed up to letting DeBrusk walk. He's solid, good PKer, but just doesn't bring it to the level we know he can consistently enough to warrant giving a big deal to. I also feel no need to rush getting a center. I don't want to go out and get one just to get one, I'd like the team to take the time to find the right guy. Maybe there's a middle six guy you can get for a decent deal so we can move Zacha back to wing. I just don't want to see a huge deal given to someone like Lindholm who may have another good season or two in him before his contract becomes an anchor.

Swayman extension is definitely priority #1. Ullmark is now the clear #2, which hopefully makes him more open to a trade.

I hope they have some conversations with Hanifan and some of the other top D. If Lohrei can take some bottom 6 minutes and give us a truly deep D core, that’d be great.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I hope they have some conversations with Hanifan and some of the other top D. If Lohrei can take some bottom 6 minutes and give us a truly deep D core, that’d be great.

Lohrei is too good for the 3rd pair. He's an impactful player now and a luxury in a cap system to have a player that good on his ELC for one more year.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
First of all fire Sweeney. His team lacks the killer instinct in the playoffs for years. They were a puck bounce going in away from being eliminated.

Then

- sign Swayman. He is the franchise goalie for the next 10 years
- trade Ullmark. He is a luxury they can't afford
- let especially Gryz, DeBrusk walk
- put Zacha back on the wing where he plays his best
- try to get a number one center. Depending on whats happening in Tampa Stamkos is my number one target
- DO NOT overpay for mediocore talent and piss away cap space in doing so. Players like Moore, Forbort, Backes, Beleskey can be had cheaper then the Bruins paid for

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com

Lohrei-McAvoy
Lindhom-Carlo
Wotherspoon-Peeke
???

I think the defense is pretty solid, I’d consider keepIng Forbort or Shattenkik as a 7th guy on the cheap, but would prefer a guy with some snarl.

If Jake doesn’t cost any more than Zacha, I want him to stay too. No idea what price range they are thinking about.

I’d definitely keep Maroon as a 12th or 13 th forward, if he’ll stay.

I think we need a big upgrade on the right side after Pasta. Geekie should be on the third, Brazeau on the 4th. I’d reach out to Marchessault and Bertuzzii, different players, but we actually have some money to spend.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
-Pay swayman

-Trade Ullmark for keumper package 1st/3rd/mid prospect

-Trade Zacha- combine Zacha with Ullmark's return and get a #1 center

-Sign Debrusk to the Bryan Rust deal 6 years $31m

Debrusk-(#1center)-pasta
marchand-coyle-lysell
Frederic- poitras - XXX
XXX-beecher-brazeau

Lohrei-mcavoy
lindholm-carlo
wotherspoon-peeke

Swayman
Bussi

This will give them approx $26 million in cap space to fill out #1 center and two middle 6 wingers. As well as some draft capital to target some players via trade.

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
They can start by trading Zacha for a pick and using it to resign DeBrusk ($5.75-6).

Then sign one of Lindholm, Stamkos or Stephenson. Preferably Stamkos or Stephenson.
Stevenson isn't any better than Coyle or Zacha. Lindholm is great at faceoffs, which obviously is a weakness with this year's team. Granted Lindholm didn't have a great year this year, but I suspect he will bounce back with a team where he would be the #1 center instead of #3 on Vancouver, and hopefully, his asking price will be adjusted accordingly.

The other need is a left dman to partner with Coyle. Love Lohrei, but let him develop as Peak's partner on the 3rd pair, with Wotherspoon as the #7.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
- Sign a big ticket winger ( Guenztel )

- Sign a middle 6 winger with jam ( Joshua )

- Sign Zadorov

- Trade Ullmark for picks to recoup draft cupboard

Guentzel -- Zacha -- Pasta

Marchand -- Coyle -- Geekie

Joshua -- Frederic -- Braz

Heinen -- Beecher -- Lauko

Poitras
Lysell

Lohrei -- Mcavoy

Lindholm -- Carlo

Zadorov -- Peeke

Wotherspoon

Swayman
Bussi

Reactions: Carl Hungus

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Stevenson isn't any better than Coyle or Zacha. Lindholm is great at faceoffs, which obviously is a weakness with this year's team. Granted Lindholm didn't have a great year this year, but I suspect he will bounce back with a team where he would be the #1 center instead of #3 on Vancouver, and hopefully, his asking price will be adjusted accordingly.

The other need is a left dman to partner with Coyle. Love Lohrei, but let him develop as Peak's partner on the 3rd pair, with Wotherspoon as the #7.

Stephenson is absolutely better than Zacha. Granted last PO in an outlier but he had 10G in 22G. Put him with #88 and he would hit his prior career high in points of 64. He is also more physical than Zacha and faster.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad