Confirmed with Link: Pens sign Eric Fehr (3 years, $2M per)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Not that it really matters but Fehr is a great dude off the ice as well. I live right outside of DC and I've seen/heard him doing a lot of great stuff.

I swear there was a story of how he pulled over after a playoff game agt the Pens, when he saw an older couple stranded with a flat tire.

He then changed the tire in his suit and went on his way.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Glad we finally got Fehr. Good player, looking forward to him coming back in Dec. Nobody can say we don't have awesome depth haha.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Good deal. That he's recovering from surgery just proves he was meant to be a Pen :laugh:

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
Do we now actually have some depth on wing? At least compared to what we are used to. Strange feeling!!

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
So, if Fehr wants/is a center, does that make Bonino a winger by default? Can't believe we will "waste" of them as the fourth line center.

I guess we will see.

Nice options to have, especially come playoff time. Can wear teams down when all 4 lines can are capable of making the other team play lots of D.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
pretty sure this scenario played out exactly like we said it would earlier, with Fehr replacing Sutter.

Getting Bonino is a bit of a surprise. They might have acquired Sutter's immediate and long term replacement on the same day, though it depends on what they can do with Bonino's skating.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I dont understand the excitement about this signing? Bonino sure, this one nope.

Fehr is ALWAYS injured, and they can say it is his wrist but it is his shoulder as well, which is why he was out right BEFORE he came back and hurt his wrist. It is messed up and always causes him to miss games.

Top it all off when he is healthy and plays in the playoffs he produces NOTHING.

I know it is all about the money, that is all anyone cares about, but it will most certainly be wasted on this guy.

Since he became a 'full time' NHL'er, 61, 59, 52, 35, 41 (lockout), 73, and 75 (plus missed 10 playoff games) games played.

Why would any team go near him?

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I dont understand the excitement about this signing? Bonino sure, this one nope.

Fehr is ALWAYS injured, and they can say it is his wrist but it is his shoulder as well, which is why he was out right BEFORE he came back and hurt his wrist. It is messed up and always causes him to miss games.

Top it all off when he is healthy and plays in the playoffs he produces NOTHING.

I know it is all about the money, that is all anyone cares about, but it will most certainly be wasted on this guy.

Since he became a 'full time' NHL'er, 61, 59, 52, 35, 41 (lockout), 73, and 75 (plus missed 10 playoff games) games played.

if he can't play, it's very low risk, and they got a backup plan in Bonino. If he can play, it's likely an upgrade over Sutter.

What's the issue

Greeneye

May 17, 2006
Golden, CO

I could see this being true if he was getting paid 4 mil. For 2 mil you are taking a chance on him being healthy but you are also getting a QUALITY 3rd liner for peanuts. I don't see the issue here at all.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011

So in the past 3 seasons he's played just under 90% of the regular season games and that's an issue at 2m a year? If he was 100% healthy right now, he would have cost a heck of a lot more. They also got Bonino, and we have an up and coming Sundqvist.

Not sure how anyone complains about this use of 2M.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

The last 2yrs, he's played 70+, it's trending in the right way. He had off season surgery, he has no need to rush back, he's not some 1yr signing either so he won't rush himself and risk another injury.

I'm not worried about his injury history, Pens have options.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
It boggles my mind that if Fehr plays, lets say, 60 games a season and gets paid 2mil to do it, no one cares.

And, not for nothing, in the playoffs he may as well be hurt for what he produces.

To each his own I guess.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Highlights from MM interview:

-Came here to win (duh)
-Is comfortable playing any forward position and has within the last three years, played almost an entire year of Left Wing under Oates
-Doesn't plan to turn into a puss now that he's joined the Pens
-Wrote a children's book (what a puss)

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
THIS

dicanio2.gif

Sideline

May 23, 2004
This deal pleases me. I think Fehr brings some much needed jam and face off prowess to the bottom 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad