GDT: Pens at Carolina

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I don't even know why I bother. I love this team to death but this shit just infuriates me.

I get it, we're going to have some down years, it happens to everyone. But there is no excuse for this year after year. These guys have had f***ing 4 days off and this is the result we are getting. I'm happy we have a new owner and a new hope that comes with new people in charge, but it's going to be all for nothing if nothing significant happens either now or this off-season. I'm 95% certain we're due for another golf outing in April. I say 95% because I know they will go on their annual March hot-streak and win a bunch of games down the stretch to make it interesting. But knowing them, they'll get really close and then blow it.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
This is on everyone, RF, BP and the players. How do you put this lineup on the ice in a playoff race? How do you stand around while the Penguins take whack after whack at your goalie? Everyone should be embarrassed and things should change. If I were Dundon, heads would roll after tonight's pathetic display.

I don't often agree with you, but you're spot on. This was a pathetic effort.

At a certain point, the organization is going to have to make a change. Either the players aren't good enough or the coach isn't the right guy to maximize the talent on the ice. The former is likely, but I don't think you can pull the trigger on a retool that extends this stretch of futility past Edmonton without getting a look at this group under a different coach. Peters needs to go.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Unless I’m mistaken, didn’t Forslund say the Penguins also had 4 games off before tonight as well?

So yeah, a much better team with lots of time off will obviously destroy a much worse team with lots of time off.

Makes you wonder why the NHL even bothered with all the pageantry. No way the Canes could have won this one. No way they can make trades. No way they can be give any more effort. We just expect too much. Our bad.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Makes you wonder why the NHL even bothered with all the pageantry. No way the Canes could have won this one. No way they can make trades. No way they can be give any more effort. We just expect too much. Our bad.

You’ve watched the same team I have, both this year and in years past. You know their habits, and you know what they can and can’t do.

If you expected them to win this game, then yes, you expected too much. If you expect Francis to make some significant trade at the trade deadline, then yes, you expect too much.

And depending on how much effort you expected them to put forth tonight (especially after giving up the first goal), then you may have expected too much in that regard as well.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath

I'm just going to keep posting this

But for real though. We don't even have anything to sell at the deadline. Stempniak for a draft pick whoop de doo. Someone would probably take Skinner or Faulk but we'd be selling low on them since they've struggled this year. Maybe they'd get something decent for lindholm and if it takes Staal being out of the lineup for him to play center they may as well cut bait there anyway. No one wants Staal on that contract. Aho is movable and might get a decent return but he's exactly the type of player you'd hope to get in return for any trade. This whole mess needs to get blown sky high it is profoundly f'ed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad