GDT: Pens at Carolina

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Half. of. the. teams. in. the. league. make. the. playoffs. And some of them have similar resources as Hurricanes. The Sens just made the ECF last year and their owner is as bad/worse than Karmanos.

Even as bad as Rutherford was towards the end of his tenure here, I would cream my pants if Francis ever got this team 1 Cup, 2 Cup finals and 1 ECF. Hell, I would take a first round exit at this point. Francis sucks dude, sorry.
Karmanos was actually spending money when they were winning. They were damn near a cap team the last time they made the playoffs.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
We can't complete *one* pass to get the puck out of our end. I realize the gap in skill between the 20 guys dressed for these two teams is about as big a gap as you'll ever see in a pro sporting event, but the effort that the guys who are playing are giving can't be excused. This is beyond embarrassing. Whatever happened to "next man up," and showing some guts.

"Off the stick of ...," - JF, all night

I swear, if Derek Ryan is here next season, I'm not spending a dime on the Canes.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Karmanos was actually spending money when they were winning. They were damn near a cap team the last time they made the playoffs.

That goddamned 17 game losing streak in Oct-Dec 2009 really head f***ed this team. Set into motion all kinds of bad things that just snowballed and butterfly effected and whatnot.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
And he made one bad decision with Semin and decided to go cheap and squeeze every penny out of this rather than care about putting a quality product on the ice.

Well no, he needed to sell so he tried to spend as little as possible to put a good balance sheet out there to get the most $ out of a sale. He succeeded. It completely f***ed the on ice product though.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
We can't complete *one* pass to get the puck out of our end. I realize the gap in skill between the 20 guys dressed for these two teams is about as big a gap as you'll ever see in a pro sporting event, but the effort that the guys who are playing are giving can't be excused. This is beyond embarrassing. Whatever happened to "next man up," and showing some guts.

"Off the stick of ...," - JF, all night

I swear, if Derek Ryan is here next season, I'm not spending a dime on the Canes.
The kicked goal was an indirect result of a poor pass by Aho that befuddled Pesce so much that he decided the best option was to blast the puck off a Penguin 15 feet away. You can bet that puck found its way deep in our zone, sending us scrambling for twenty seconds, icing the puck at the end of the sequence. Then the face off

Truly amazing how difficult we make routine plays

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
We haven't drawn a single power play tonight, and have drawn very few in the month of February. That's a direct result of not skating. These guys quit. I'm trying to give them a break based on the opponent, but this is the NHL and they are pros. It's not good enough.

The existential dread is kicking in as I realize that at least 85% of this roster will be back next season...

My dread is that they won't want to start next season with Francis/Peters as lame ducks and they will get extensions this summer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad