GDT: Pens at Carolina

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
We are seriously 14 months from having the longest ever playoff drought in NHL history. The sad part is that the team is stuck in a rut where they just don't have the pieces to improve enough without making a splash and we don't have a GM capable of making that splash.

I'm sick and tired of this team being perennially mediocre. 8 years without the playoffs without being bad enough to even make that streak worth it is pathetic. This franchise is the Cleveland Browns of the NHL. The only way it will change is a major shakeup, and I just don't know if that will ever happen. I want to believe Dundon will, but he doesn't know enough about hockey to realize just how sorry a state this franchise is in.

Drivebytrucker

Jan 8, 2011

I'm just going to keep posting this

But for real though. We don't even have anything to sell at the deadline. Stempniak for a draft pick whoop de doo. Someone would probably take Skinner or Faulk but we'd be selling low on them since they've struggled this year. Maybe they'd get something decent for lindholm and if it takes Staal being out of the lineup for him to play center they may as well cut bait there anyway. No one wants Staal on that contract. Aho is movable and might get a decent return but he's exactly the type of player you'd hope to get in return for any trade. This whole mess needs to get blown sky high it is profoundly f'ed

If everybody was playing to their potential, we wouldn't be in this mess :) We may be selling low on Faulk or Skinner, but this line-up doesn't get another chance in 2018/2019.

If it continues to go downhill, I'm sure there's a playoff team who would want Williams.

I think he deserves better than playing with this garbage crew.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017

Oh you're sad. Boo f-ing hoo. We've seen this song and dance before and this lip service and crocodile tears this team shows after poor performances never turn thing around. Yeah you let Ward down. You won't learn from it, you'll let him down again, and you'll she'd these same tears when you do. Meanwhile you're still cashing your sweet game checks when you get home.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
You’ve watched the same team I have, both this year and in years past. You know their habits, and you know what they can and can’t do.

If you expected them to win this game, then yes, you expected too much. If you expect Francis to make some significant trade at the trade deadline, then yes, you expect too much.

And depending on how much effort you expected them to put forth tonight (especially after giving up the first goal), then you may have expected too much in that regard as well.
You act this is Philadelphia Eagles playing Temple University. This is the NHL, Pittsburgh shouldn’t be beating us like this full stop. Period. Exclamation! Even Arizona would put up a better fight. Ironically, Just writing off losses like this is exactly our front office’s mentality. We’re the Cleveland Browns of the NHL but with Aho.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
You act this is Philadelphia Eagles playing Temple University. This is the NHL, Pittsburgh shouldn’t be beating us like this full stop. Period. Exclamation! Even Arizona would put up a better fight. Ironically, Just writing off losses like this is exactly our front office’s mentality. We’re the Cleveland Browns of the NHL but with Aho.
We were also told an expansion team could never ever be a quality product out of the gate, and here we are 3/4 of the way through the season and Vegas is 1 point back with a game in hand for the President's Trophy.

And yet we have a franchise that is organizationally content with an 8 year playoff drought... And counting.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I hope Dunodon pees in the butthole of the entire leadership and then eliminates them..

Did you see Peters really inspiring speech in the locker room before the game? I think that was the first time they showed that. Yeah, that hackneyed, wooden bullshit is some real leadership. They even did a little orchestrate clapping. Wow.

f*** this team.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I hope Dunodon pees in the butthole of the entire leadership and then eliminates them..

Did you see Peters really inspiring speech in the locker room before the game? I think that was the first time they showed that. Yeah, that hackneyed, wooden bull**** is some real leadership. They even did a little orchestrate clapping. Wow.

**** this team.
It was like when Jameis told the Bucs to eat the W in the NFL this year.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

If I'm not mistaken, the Penguins have earned 35 out of a possible 44 points in 2018. The Canes, in that same time period, have earned 21 out of a possible 46.

So yeah, when one is up there at 80% and the other is at 45%, I don't think a result like this is as unexpected as you seem to believe.

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
We are seriously 14 months from having the longest ever playoff drought in NHL history. The sad part is that the team is stuck in a rut where they just don't have the pieces to improve enough without making a splash and we don't have a GM capable of making that splash.

I'm sick and tired of this team being perennially mediocre. 8 years without the playoffs without being bad enough to even make that streak worth it is pathetic. This franchise is the Cleveland Browns of the NHL. The only way it will change is a major shakeup, and I just don't know if that will ever happen. I want to believe Dundon will, but he doesn't know enough about hockey to realize just how sorry a state this franchise is in.

That's why a change is needed. No one great player can make the difference but the strength is in a number of good players.

That's why, should the Canes fail to make the playoffs, the time has come to trade Aho and maybe some other assets for future success. Even though it may hurt.

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
Tonight's game...

kemjzsszcqeownarihha.gif

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
That's why a change is needed. No one great player can make the difference but the strength is in a number of good players.

That's why, should the Canes fail to make the playoffs, the time has come to trade Aho and maybe some other assets for future success. Even though it may hurt.
Go away. We aren't trading our lone bright spot on offense. It was a stupid thing to post on the Trades board and it's a dumber thing to post here.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte

Oh God you're here? :ha:

Look I want to give you the benefit of the doubt, I really do. But this team has a huge shortage of skilled forwards right now. Aho is one of those forwards and he's only in his 2nd season here, and is only 21. He is one of the few bright stars here that is worth keeping and building around.

Now again, unless we're getting an Eichel/Matthews type of player in return, why on Gods green earth would Carolina trade Aho for unknowns? Is there a future Wayne Gretzky out there waiting to be drafted in the 3rd round in next years draft? Not likely.

Come on man, you're smarter than this.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
If I'm not mistaken, the Penguins have earned 35 out of a possible 44 points in 2018. The Canes, in that same time period, have earned 21 out of a possible 46.

So yeah, when one is up there at 80% and the other is at 45%, I don't think a result like this is as unexpected as you seem to believe.

You're just like management. Accept mediocrity. Quit on each other. Use the word "unacceptable" but don't mean it. Sit and watch as Rome burns. I'm surprised you're not RF's advisor.

There's a difference between losing at home to the Penguins and what happened tonight. And if you can't see that, I suggest you try a different sport.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Glad I didn't watch this garbage, and honestly not sure I plan to until there's a major shakeup somewhere...I just can't keep investing myself in the same old mediocrity year after year. It's like the entire franchise is built on Hope, without it they have nothing, so all we ever get is hope and nothing more

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad