McKenzie: Penguins exploring multiple options to get a depth center

Status
Not open for further replies.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Huh? You know Bozak is a center....right?

Edit: Unless you are assuming Nylander moves to center...which would be incorrect.

Would Nylander not move to centre? Who would be 3C? I thought the point in trading Bozak was to open up a centre spot for Nylander.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Would Nylander not move to centre? Who would be 3C? I thought the point in trading Bozak was to open up a centre spot for Nylander.
Babcock said prior to this year that Nylander would spend the season at wing. And with the 2 headed monster that is Matthews/Nylander reeking havoc right now, i am in now hurry to break that up.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Babcock said prior to this year that Nylander would spend the season at wing. And with the 2 headed monster that is Matthews/Nylander reeking havoc right now, i am in now hurry to break that up.

But say Bozak is traded. Who would be 3C? Miro? Fehr? Marleau maybe?

I agree with you though, the leafs should keep Bozak and go for the cup.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
But say Bozak is traded. Who would be 3C? Miro? Fehr? Marleau maybe?

I agree with you though, the leafs should keep Bozak and go for the cup.
Nylander moves to C. Kapanen comes up plays on his wing and Marner moves up with Matthews. Now I don't think that will happen this year but I think long term that is the outlook.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
THe only 3 scenarios that Bozo would be traded imho are very unlikely but they are:

1. Some GM loses every center in their NHL and AHL teams and reday to trade insane package for him.

2. Leafs trade for Johnny T.

3. 18 wheeler scenario and Leafs are last place in East at TDL.

Otherwise the value they will get for hm will be ame or maybe very marginally better that they will give up to bring in a rental for playoffs push.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Just to clear things up:

1. Leafs are looking to compete this season, unless the wheels fall off we aren't trading Bozak
2. There is no appetite to move Nylander off Matthews wing right now, too much chemistry between them
3. Nylander is still being prepared as a C in case, he and Matthews alternate taking draws on their strong sides

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
Sheahan for a late 3rd RD pick?

Pens seem to great at improving reclamation projects and turning them into gold so maybe he's one of those players that will only benefit from playing with another team.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

I'd be interested in bringing in Sheahan (mainly as a Rowney replacement), but I wouldn't want to bring him in if it meant the Penguins didn't have the cap space to bring in an actual 3C later. If Detroit retains like $400k-$500k and the trade would happen like now, the Penguins would still have over $4 million in prorated cap space in February, which is enough to bring in a better 3C. I just wouldn't want Sheahan at full price, because that $400k-$500k retained is the equivalent of like $1.5 million in prorated cap space at the deadline. That's the big reason I'd ask for retained salary, I don't think Sheahan is a sure enough bet as a 3C to not leave cap space open for another center.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Hutton and dorsett have been amazing so far this year. Don't know what this guy is on about..

Sutter+Gudbranson for 2nd+Cap?

Gudbranson does literally nothing for the Penguins, and that's being generous because I don't think saying "he'd be doing literally negative for the Penguins" makes grammatical sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad