McKenzie: Penguins exploring multiple options to get a depth center

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Bozak for Hornqvist is A-ok from this leafs fan.
Hornqvist is one of the very few in the NHL, along with Simmonds, who dominate the net front game. They are so few and far between. We want to re-sign Hornqvist. We don't want to move him. So no. He's the guy that scores you the garbage goal to give you a 1-0 lead in a 0-0 game. We need that to go with all of our skill.

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
A few weeks ago, someone was saying something about Nic Dowd from LAK. Is he better than Sheahan at least? 22 points in 78 games last year(6+16). IIRC the guy bringing Nic Dowd up said the rumor was Pouliot for him.

High Flying Birds

Aug 29, 2009
Victoria, B.C
I could see ol JR paying more attention to some teams more than others. Vegas and Dallas have a plethora of natural centers for instance. Hopefully it's not Sheahan. He's no upgrade on McKenna who is himself more of a 4th line C.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I'm sure you would. Pittsburgh however would not.

Why not? We get a 50 point centre who wins alot of faceoffs and has chemistry with Kessel. I'd add a mid pick to do it, As Bozak is more valuable because he is a centre.

Even in a 3rd line role, he would put up 50 points, as he did last year with the leafs, and he'd be with Kessel.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Why not? We get a 50 point centre who wins alot of faceoffs and has chemistry with Kessel. I'd add a mid pick to do it, As Bozak is more valuable because he is a centre.

Even in a 3rd line role, he would put up 50 points, as he did last year with the leafs, and he'd be with Kessel.

Because we do not need to give up Hornqvist to fill out our center needs. If we're going to pick up a rental, there will be other options available for futures. And doing that hurts our team. Even if Bozak is more valuable, we cannot afford to lose Hornqvist just because. He's a key contributor to this team's success.

Reactions: nwhockeyfan

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Because we do not need to give up Hornqvist to fill out our center needs. If we're going to pick up a rental, there will be other options available for futures. And doing that hurts our team. Even if Bozak is more valuable, we cannot afford to lose Hornqvist just because. He's a key contributor to this team's success.

I just think dealing from an area of strength makes sense.

Would you deal Sheary for Bozak+Leivo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad