McKenzie: Penguins exploring multiple options to get a depth center

Status
Not open for further replies.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Haven't seen this one tossed out there...

Olli Maatta for Sam Reinhart as a base?

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
In your dreams maybe.

No chance, way overkill for the 3C spot.

Agreed it'd be overkill but it'd be an interesting swap. Reinhart is still on his ELC a likely comes in cheaper than or comparable to Maatta next season. Maatta's gotten of to a hot start thanks to me letting him go in my keeper league, but his health will likely continue to be a question.

PKV Jungle Friends

Not Growing a Garden
Feb 17, 2007
The Sanctuary
Why are we still talking about trading Maata? It makes even less sense now and it didn't make sense in the summer either, unless Duchene came back which he wouldn't.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Doubt any team will help out the Pens after they won a Cup, unless they overpay for a key #3C.

Why would trading a 3C to the Pens be "helping out the Pens"? I'd assume that something of value that the other team needs would be going the other way. It's not like people expect Colorado to send Duchene for Carter Rowney and a 7th round pick.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Can someone tell me why the Pens should pursue Riley Sheahan, he seems about as vanilla as they come. 2 goals last year, 0 points so far this year (small sample size, i know), but either way, he seems like a player that's trending down. I think they should search for better options.

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
Can someone tell me why the Pens should pursue Riley Sheahan, he seems about as vanilla as they come. 2 goals last year, 0 points so far this year (small sample size, i know), but either way, he seems like a player that's trending down. I think they should search for better options.
GMJR likes players who are talented but are in a bad situation. He believes he can turn Sheahan into a legit 3c.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Stajan for a 4th?
The main issue with Stajan for a 4th is that I don't think the Flames want to play Jankowski on the 4th line anyway, so they are then without a 4th line C (unless Hamilton tags in long term). They really just need to suck it up, move Bennett to the wing, move or waive Glass, and call it a day.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Please take Brandon Sutter back... We'll include a used Dorsett, a bad Gudbranson, or a "promising" Ben Hutton if needed.

Wasn't Ben Hutton supposed to be pretty good prospect atleast was at one point? you're giving him away as a throw-in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad