GDT: PDF Game 5: Sharks @ Golden Knights, 7pm

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I would have been like

“So what team did you root for before this year? Kings or Coyotes? Ducks maybe? What team did they locally broadcast before this year?”.

:laugh:

I told them that they would lose in game 7, and after that, they would become Raiders fans. Essentially meaning their favorite team plays in the Bay Area, which is where I live. Lol

Off to a strip club now

Broiler19

Oct 27, 2008
Winnipeg, MB
My point is this game was just as big as Sunday’s game will be. If he was unable to play today, he shouldn’t be able to play in 2 days. If he can play in two days, that would indicate to me that he could’ve played tonight too. And I think he would be playing if he could.
You’re probably right about the fact that if he could be playing he would be and as big as tonight’s game was, getting a 3-2 lead in a series in a game 5 tied 2-2 isn’t as big as needing to win a game 6 to stay alive down 2-3. I agree he’s not physically where he needs to be, but maybe he’s close enough where he’d still be out but since it’s an actual elimination game at home where he can be sheltered a bit with like change advantage that maybe there’s a chance that’s all. I don’t expect him to play, but I hope he does it would be a very emotional lift for the team and fans, especially the ones in the tank.

Jones wasn’t awful except for the classic jones stinker #3, but he has to be damn near perfect. Sharks NEED to score first. That is paramount to be in a good place mentally for any team in the playoffs and hasn’t happened often this series.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Thornton’s not coming back this year. If he was physically unable to play in this game he isn’t going to suddenly be able to play effectively 2 days from now. He’s done for the year unless the Sharks make it to the finals I think.

Thornton hasn't been injured since 2 weeks before the end of the regular season. Only reason why he hasn't played is PDB is stubborn as f***.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
I would have been like

“So what team did you root for before this year? Kings or Coyotes? Ducks maybe? What team did they locally broadcast before this year?”.

:laugh:

I would've been like "can't wait for your team to have sub-10k attendance per game next year when you're at the bottom of the Division."

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
misscleo-1.png

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Something is missing from the Kane's game. It's physical but I swear it's not ... tenacious?

He hasn't engaged physically really since that shoulder collision during the regular season. It wouldn't surprise me if he had a separated shoulder or something to that effect.

Reactions: Phu

boyfromtroykings

Jan 26, 2014
Kings fan here, first of all Congrats to San Jose for not embarsasing the state in California. 2nd, I hope SJ beats the crap out of Vegas and wins this series, can't stand that phoniness and bandwagon. 3rd, I believe Joe Thornton would have played down 3-1, but seeing as how sj played so great game 4 without him prob did not want to disrupt the good mojo. Now I think it's no brainer if he can go he is playing game 6. Not sure who comes out but I'm telling u, if not for Fleury sj has been controlling this series the past 3 games. Boedker misses a great chance to start today and it all goes down hill from there, obv Couture being robbed game 3. SJ just has to keep playing their game and I think they can overcome this deficit and win Tuesday.

FunkyPhin

Feb 2, 2011
Vancouver
Legit question how many times have the sharks come back to win when they lose game 5 and are trailing the series 3-2

boyfromtroykings

Jan 26, 2014
Legit question how many times have the sharks come back to win when they lose game 5 and are trailing the series 3-2
thought of that too my friend, don't think it is happened eventho they only been around I think 27 years.
1995 I think when they beat the flames

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002

In the Joe Thornton era, the Sharks have four times won a where were they fell behind at any time (Nashville in 2006, Calgary in 2007, Colorado in 2010, and St. Louis in 2016). They haven't come back down from 3-2 yet, in any permutation.

In their history, they have come back down from 3-2 just once, vs. Calgary in 1995 and came about in the situation you described.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Have to think Thornton plays next game now being down 3-2. Deboer gets to match lines at home as well so he can shelter him if need be. I can’t see Joe doing all this rehab and practicing to just not play one single playoff game.

seroes

May 3, 2016
California
I honestly don't know whether or not Jumbo plays, though I have serious doubts. But we have to come out on fire to start. We played 45 minutes of garbage hockey and that's not ever gonna cut it. Lethargic, sloppy and just plain dumb sometimes. It's not the refs or Jones fault, we just came out sucking.

DeadGhost

Ugistered Reger
Feb 15, 2010
Bringing Jumbo back at this point feels like a stunt. I worry about it being a distraction.

SharksFan17

Apr 17, 2017
Man the passing and zone clears last night were brutal. High turnovers got them stuck in their own end and passing into the players feet instead of leading them a bit completely kill all speed. They started to rally once they said screw it and just started running through the knights to get to pucks dumped into spaces. Since we saw some urgency I feel good about game 6 if they can channel that type of tenacity and just play an ugly game of grind it cycle it and crash the net if the passes arn't working, that and don't leave a guy wide open infront of the net!

Naki

Oct 8, 2009
Anyone know when the main board post about a suspension for the cross-check to the face of Hertl is going to show up? I need to know where to look for the news that there is no suspension.

Reactions: Phu

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
They usually announce hearings on the morning after, and the results that afternoon. Checking @NHLPlayerSafety twitter account, it looks like the Vegas skirts are getting a pass (as usual).

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Since it was in the context of the play he'll get away with i, just like that piece of shit Schmidt when he slashed Meier in the face eventhough the puck wasn't anywhere near Timo's mouth.

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010

NHL refereeing at its finest. Who initiated contact? Who grabs whom? Who gets the penalty?

I forgot about this one.

In my head i was thinking goals 1 and 3 were preventable, this pp should have never happened.

1st goal shit clear, cross check, lucky bounce.

3rd goal weak sauce Jones.

its hard to tell if score effects could have been part of it, if knoight have a 2-0 lead instead of 4 maybe the game is not so close.

It felt like the Sharks we bull rushing them who knows.

no softys, 60 mins or more, clear the zone and i like there chances for game 6.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad