GDT: PDF Game 5: Sharks @ Golden Knights, 7pm

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
Talent-wise, the sharks can compete. But they better bring their A game for both games.

I have no doubt the Sharks will win game 6. I just don't have much confidence in them winning game 7 in Vegas. It's something about that city for visiting teams.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Demelo obviously made the wrong play there, but I'd like to know why he and Burns are suffering from the same sickness. Burns doesn't shoot anymore, he telegraphs all his attempts at high tips. The whole team needs to shoot the f***ing puck. So many horribly predictable plays tonight.

Munber1

Jun 5, 2011
pulling the goalie so early was stupid! Sharks had all the momentum. their emotions were right where they needed to be. pulling the goalie so early disrupted that headspace and probably made the players nervous as they now had to be concerned about not getting scored on, rather than just keeping their offensive focus. In their situation the coach should have waited to pull the goalie.

Reactions: Levie and Phu

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Demelo obviously made the wrong play there, but I'd like to know why he and Burns are suffering from the same sickness. Burns doesn't shoot anymore, he telegraphs all his attempts at high tips. The whole team needs to shoot the ****ing puck. So many horribly predictable plays tonight.

Burns has been playing dumbshit hockey a lot of this series. When the game speeds up he gets careless.

Reactions: WSS11

Crazy Joe Divola

Jun 20, 2009
Pulled Dell way too early and I don’t care for doing it on a face off when possession isn’t guaranteed. Sharks were swarming already without an extra body clogging things up and 2 1/2 minutes of open net was begging for a 5-3 loss. Let the 5 v 5 handle things until there’s 60-90 seconds left then pull when you have possession in zone mang.

The Jones brain fart loomed large at the end unfortunately. Could’ve been headed to OT without the softie.

Sharks didn’t show up until 10 minutes left in the game but can definitely push this to 7 if they don’t crap the bed again in game 6.

Reactions: Phu

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
I have no doubt the Sharks will win game 6. I just don't have much confidence in them winning game 7 in Vegas. It's something about that city for visiting teams.
I'd like to see how many times the same refs have officiated in LV with what I've seen for calls in Vegas when we've played them.

Reactions: Phu

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
pulling the goalie so early was stupid! Sharks had all the momentum. their emotions were right where they needed to be. pulling the goalie so early disrupted that headspace and probably made the players nervous as they now had to be concerned about not getting scored on, rather than just keeping their offensive focus. In their situation the coach should have waited to pull the goalie.

This team should never pull the goalie until the last 30 seconds. They are not a team that cannot will a last hard shift. That extra player messes them up because when they are playing well they are moving around the ice.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
Vegas has coughed up multi-goal leads twice this series and almost a third time today. They're gonna get exposed by a clearly superior team like the Jets and Preds. The Sharks just don't have enough firepower to overwhelm Vegas.

T0uGh C0oki3

Goodbye Jumbo Joe
Dec 19, 2014
Man, we can **** the ref all we want.

But the fact is this team needs to step the **** up whenever we are on the PP.

We weren't doing that tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad