Votes: 184 72.4%
  • Erik Karlsson

Votes: 70 27.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
“I’m right, you’re wrong. Because I said so.” That’s literally been your entire argument.

I quite literally never said anyone was wrong, but ok.

The other posters attempting to mock my opinion at least make some sense. You're such low hanging fruit you're not even worth responding to after this.

KaosKommando

Ask me if I give a shit.
Mar 22, 2022
Lonelywood
How could anyone who has watched both skate vote Coffey. Karlsson really has gathered an undeserved antifan group. Only reason we don't talk about Erik as one of the greatest of all time is that nasty injury. And those weird people.

In ten years after retiring he will be a reverse russian. Russians are underrated when they play and overrated after. Erik will be rated like that, but not overrated. Really watch him skate. Coffey is like beer league compared to Karlssons Allsvenskan or something.

Coffey is out there with more than half of TOP-10 defensemen of all-time.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
To me Karlsson is just as good at his peak, but he has been not as healthy and more up and down with production and level of play. Part of it isn't his fault with that achilles laceration setting him back during what was clear best dman in the game status at the time.

But it's hard comparing anyone's resume over 15+ years to Paul Coffey's and putting them on the same level.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
After watching you post here for a decade or so. Back-pedalling has become something that suits you. Get your shit together.

Love the alt accounts coming in here because their mains are embarrassed. Own your opinion.

Just be better and you won't have to worry about logging in three times from separate IPs.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Well for one.. I never said he had to be on a good team. Carolina is a good team. He's not hitting 101+ on that team.

But I'm sure that answer isn't enough for you or anyone else. I've answered a bunch of questions already and none of the ones I asked were answered directly.

I don't know what else we were supposed to infer from your repeated references to the Coffey Oilers. I know you mentioned firepower and are thus referencing more offensive teams rather than strictly great teams, but the series of those mentions serves as a shot at Coffey/boon to Karlsson whether that was your direct intention or not.

Ultimately, it's not that your answer isn't 'good' enough for me. We're obviously going to disagree on several points and that's that. I can live with that. I'm just trying to help you see why the 'perfect storm' argument for Karlsson isn't really that logical and that you and others are punishing Coffey for it and neither is a fair or reasonable conclusion especially when we're talking entire careers and not outlier seasons with no context.

KaosKommando

Ask me if I give a shit.
Mar 22, 2022
Lonelywood

Hockey Outsider

Jan 16, 2005
This must be how @GreatGonzo , @Raccoon Jesus & @Hockey Outsider feel arguing with the Karlsson fan club

At this point I've bowed out of the conversation. I feel more like Silvio:

1695427868591.png

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Because any team that isn't actively rooting for Karlsson and dares to bring up contrary evidence to the booster club's fairytale rants is just a hater, even as they acknowledge his status as one of the greatest of the generation and of all time. You don't agree with me unconditionally--bias!

This is bringing back shades of the great Doughty vs Karlsson debates of years past :deadhorse

Reactions: GreatGonzo

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
See my extended explanation edited in my previous post

There is that really large sample though when he played with the Pens when he scored at a 100 point rate without Mario and a 103 point rate with him.

Disclaimer I'm going off memory if a number was off by one we don't need the "arguing in bad faith BS."

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
I quite literally never said anyone was wrong, but ok.

The other posters attempting to mock my opinion at least make some sense. You're such low hanging fruit you're not even worth responding to after this.
Well said, I’ve been eating on GreatGonzo’s extremely low hanging fruit for too long already in this thread I realize.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
You mean Doughty's Norris which rightly belongs to Karlsson?:sarcasm:

If you wanna go that route, well mention Karlssons 2015 Norris that belongs to Doughty ;)

& while Karlsson was fantastic in 2012, IMO Weber should've won the Norris that year (theres good arguments on both sides, hence why it came down to a margin of 12 votes)

Anyhow thats a debate for a different day, dont wanna derail the thread.

GreatGonzo

Surrounded by Snowflakes
May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank
Well said, I’ve been eating on GreatGonzo’s extremely low hanging fruit for too long already in this thread I realize.
You have been eating up your own bullshit :laugh: that’s where the taste is coming from…not from my end.

You can use your little phrases and attacks. It only makes you look foolish.

I'm all for laughs but the three posters I mentioned have provided plenty of facts and research to support the points they've made :thumbu:
As opposed to, “I’m right you’re wrong.” With little attacks attached because they have to attack in order to feel like their opinion holds value.

Reactions: wetcoast and Voight

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
If you wanna go that route, well mention Karlssons 2015 Norris that belongs to Doughty ;)

& while Karlsson was fantastic in 2012, IMO Weber should've won the Norris that year (theres good arguments on both sides, hence why it came down to a margin of 12 votes)

Anyhow thats a debate for a different day, dont wanna derail the thread.

I figured I'd bring up the inevitable.:naughty:

Why does it belong to Karlsson? Cause of points? If thats the case then the 84, 89, and 90 Norris belong to Coffey.

Ask Karlsson fans.

• Haha
Reactions: Voight

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Here's how they compare.

Karlsson

Award finishes
Norris : 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 7, 12, 15, 18
Hart: 5, 8, 9, 9, 15

Stat finishes
PPG: 6

Paul Coffey

Award finishes
Norris finishes: 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5, 5, 5, 7, 7, 9
Hart finishes: 4, 4, 10, 15

Stat finishes
PPG: 3, 6, 6, 6, 6, 7, 10
Goals: 7
GPG: 9

Coffey has Karlsson beat in every metric. Better Norris and Hart record, peaked higher and was elite for longer

Wayne and Mario have their hand in this.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Close those poll. It's laughable to even suggest Karlsson could outdo a prime Paul Coffey. The polling numbers are probably just a bunch of 18 year Olds voting Karlsson and everyone else voting one of the greatest offensive machines in NHL history in any position.

So, because you have an opinion, no one else can possibly have a different one? And if over 25% disagree, then they must all be idiots. It has nothing to do with being a known massive Oilers homer. Nothing at all.

Not only that, but you're so sensitive that you can't even handle there being a discussion about it - so you ask to close the discussion. The term 'Snowflake' comes to mind on that one.

Got it. Lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad