Player Discussion: Patrik Laine - MOD WARNING IN OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
This kind of exaggeration is what sends these threads into a tailspin. Can't we enjoy a great game and our rocket candidate?

There's no exaggeration at all. Maybe try some objectivity. Go back and check the GDTs to see how many games people were calling him a turnover machine. There were plenty, and he deserved it then. He hasn't deserved it in a while, and hopefully he keeps it up.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
I remember when Stamkos scored #60 at the MTS Centre. He was given a nice semi standing ovation by our crowd.

If Laine should happen to score #50 in Toronto, would the ACC do a similar thing?

I was there cheering for Stamkos after he scored that goal. 60 is highly improbable, and it was a cool accomplishment to see.

avgard

Jan 8, 2017
so 7 left for 50..

i...he 19 still and playd very small amount of icetimes. downlines, missused,with wrong withplayers etc. still here...43 today. listen my friend.....next year and forthwards there will be treat, very mucho more of treat. there is like no way he can AT LEAST! be putting goals @ goal like last 15 games? where he some 18 goals has left for HIS STORY books!. listen my friend, i present you the "idea" here that the 100 goal seasons not for laine impossible is. he softly easily put up goals and when he blob icetimes , get confortables, getting better linemates and not anymore married with ATARIgames playing all day all night then his numbers blob to unreachables. he one day soon have more goals one season than matthews Points! suck this unbeliefer!

Sir avgard hockeyprofessor

Reactions: Vekke and hudster

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Interesting listening to Munz on the big show this morning saying that he's been told from other teams that they are aware of Laine, they plan for him, then when facing him in a game they think they have him neutralized, but he still evades them.

He is garnering a lot of respect and attention from opponents, but is still managing to dangle them or elude them.

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
I remember when Stamkos scored #60 at the MTS Centre. He was given a nice semi standing ovation by our crowd.

If Laine should happen to score #50 in Toronto, would the ACC do a similar thing?

I will be at that Leafs game on the 31st. If I get to see Laine score #50 I will cheer for him, 100%.

Leafs are my team but the Jets are my second favorite Canadian team, I'm a huge Laine fan, and I have him on my fantasy squad. I'm going to the game to see Laine play just as much as I'm going to see Matthews and my Leafs play.

I just hope everybody is healthy and in the lineup. I want to see a barn burner.

Mats Sarelin

Sep 29, 2017
Great to see that the summer training is starting to lead to major results for Laine. The same goes for Mikko Rantanen in Colorado who trained together with Laine last summer with the same focus on being in shape towards the end of the season. Like Laine, he’s also been on fire lately with 19 points in his last 10 games. It will be interesting to watch both players during the playoffs, assuming Colorado also makes it.

I wonder if they’ll have the same summer training strategy for next season? I think they should even though it means sacrificing the start of the season to some degree.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Interesting listening to Munz on the big show this morning saying that he's been told from other teams that they are aware of Laine, they plan for him, then when facing him in a game they think they have him neutralized, but he still evades them.

He is garnering a lot of respect and attention from opponents, but is still managing to dangle them or elude them.
Hitch said the same. He said that they talk about Patty and tried to "not give him a sniff, but he still got a sniff and that's all he needs"

Reactions: YWGinYYZ

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Talented teetotaller Patrik Laine gunning for league goal-scoring title - Sportsnet.ca

Sportsnet article about Patty. Talks about his absolutism and a lot of other things. Good stuff.

He wants to be the best and doesn't let anything get in the way. Including drinking alcohol. That just speaks about the professionalism of this young man. You can have all the talent in the world but in today's era it won't take one far unless he (or she) is fully committed to the hard work. Luckily Laine not only has the talent but also the will.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
He wants to be the best and doesn't let anything get in the way. Including drinking alcohol. That just speaks about the professionalism of this young man. You can have all the talent in the world but in today's era it won't take one far unless he (or she) is fully committed to the hard work. Luckily Laine not only has the talent but also the will.
This is exactly why I have been so damn high on Laine. Of course he has exceptional skills, but the icing of the cake is exactly his extremely motivated and hard working attitude. [Some] people doubting his work ethic or even claiming him to be lazy. He is absolutely not lazy by any means. On the contrary he is for sure one of the hardest working and most committed Jets with Scheifele and Wheeler. Why some here have probably thought of him being lazy has been because of him exactly being tired and stiff after the very hard work that he did during his off season last summer.

Also big players like him tend to look slow and even lazy, if their feet are not moving with a fast pace. But his strides have always been long and powerful. What he just needs is to get them more explosive by continuing a season or two with the same methods and hard work that he and Mikko Rantanen had last summer. He will be an absolute monster when he hits his prime in two or three years. We have seen nothing yet!

Last edited by a moderator:

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian

Yep.

Understand that this is the essence of the guy. Commitment (a clear thinker with lots of brains), skill, a willingness to do hard work - he's got all the pieces.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ippenator

SirKlaus

Nov 8, 2017
Patty is winding it up... target in sights.

WcnOm.gif

Razamanaz

Oct 22, 2017
Northern Hemisphere.
Patrik Laine party ... a go go!

He seems to party like it's 1999 - and not 2018!

Next chapter in this Winnipeg-now-a-day-fairy-tell-story will probably ... eh, almost for certain, continue against L.A Kings come this evening.

A never ending story this Patrik Laine story ... me like!

Razamanaz

Oct 22, 2017
Northern Hemisphere.
But what's the real jive and thing about that pretty, pretty ugly beard he is (and just eat your heart out Sankta Claus of Rovaniemi fame!) growin' in his youth!?

That will stay in the history books for ever and ever on every record he may brake this season. And on every photo taken of him.

It was a bet, me thinx.

But over what?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad