Confirmed with Link: Patrik Elias Announces Retirement

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
It's little things like this why Lou isn't missed :laugh:

ha. But yea in a way during the Lou years it felt like we weren't as close and connected to the team as we are now. There's more warmth, more accessibility now and the players can let their hair down a bit and exhibit their true personalities (and choose their own numbers! IMAGINE THAT!). It feels like the Devils are ours now rather than being Lou's buttoned up off limits squad.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
That 2006 game 1 playoff game, our fans did about 5 loud Rags suck chants within the opening two minutes.

Our fans were really charged up and rowdy that game and series.

It was the first year after the lockout. There was a lot of pent up hockey fanaticism ready to bust loose. Add Rag fans to the equation and a very overhyped media darling Rangers. Plus the huge streak we were on to end the year, it was just a perfect storm

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
It was the first year after the lockout. There was a lot of pent up hockey fanaticism ready to bust loose. Add Rag fans to the equation and a very overhyped media darling Rangers. Plus the huge streak we were on to end the year, it was just a perfect storm

Patty was nearly dominant that afternoon.

Devils waxed the Rags.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Speaking of Marty, is he gonna be in attendance? How about Niedermayer?

Stevens lives in the area still and works for NHLN, so I have no doubt he'll be in attendance.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Speaking of Marty, is he gonna be in attendance? How about Niedermayer?

Stevens lives in the area still and works for NHLN, so I have no doubt he'll be in attendance.

Have to imagine this isn’t the best time for Marty to be getting away with the deadline on Monday.

Does Nieds still work for the Ducks? They have a game tomorrow night.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Watching the replays of Elias games on msg now. Saw an interesting sight.

They had a faceoff where the puck left the ice surface. The game is from 03 I thought they stopped that like in 99. When did they stop that

I think that was a lockout rule change. It was a rule slanted toward the defense. I think they decided that it's not fair that if the puck went out in the offensive zone just over the blue line, it wasn't fair to the attacking team that the puck would end up out of the zone anyway.

The crease rule was absolutely maddening. To me it was way worse than the offsides replay nonsense that we bitch about nowadays.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Have to imagine this isn’t the best time for Marty to be getting away with the deadline on Monday.

Does Nieds still work for the Ducks? They have a game tomorrow night.
He works with the Ducks, but last I heard, he doesn't travel with them, he's only like a home game/home practice assistant coach. They're @ Arizona tomorrow night.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Not sure if serious, but that was a silly meme at the time from some. He had 69 points in 75 games and like Bleed said he was worse the year after he lost the C. Comparing his numbers to '06 when he was more or less treated as the 'invisible C' anyway is faulty cause everyone's numbers were goosed in '06. If it was weighing on him then it's put Greene six feet under.

Doing it before a day of camp showed there was an agenda there.
Not a silly meme at all. It dragged on his game and he was better without it. Sorry you don't remember it accurately.. same sort of Monday morning qb stuff that says we shouldn't have fired Julian, yet the ftorek thing was fine. Coaches lose teams, great players sometimes don't make good captains.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
I don't think that's the case.

If anything, he might have been worse right after they took the C away. That year was his second lowest point per game total between 99-00 and 14-15 when he was 38 by that time. Only his 57 points in 81 games in 02-03 was lower, excluding his first couple seasons when he was early 20's and playing 15 minutes a night.

Point totals don't tell complete stories.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I shouldntve read that Patty Players Tribune.... man, tonight is going to be crazy. The last of the jerseys from my childhood, going to the rafters.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I wish I lived locally for these type occasions. Would definitely be there.

Can someone post Patty’s last goal. I’m having YouTube issues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad