Confirmed with Link: Patrik Elias Announces Retirement

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
hopefully these jerseys I designed last off-season will be on sale at the Den tomorrow

BnbPZez.png

take my money

Reactions: Brick City

NJDevils7

Feb 13, 2007
New York
They better give him a CCM/RBK jersey to wear! Has anyone heard who is MC'ing? I assume it's not Doc (will he be there?) or we would have heard by now. I guess it will be Matty or Cangy?

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Someone on NJDevs made a good point about Lou not being there because of the deadline being a weak excuse, he somehow managed to pull off a nine player trade (the Phaneuf deal) literally the night of Marty’s number retirement.

Elias also referred to Lou not having his back on Sutter stripping the C before camp

Sutter needed to strip that C - it was killing Patty carrying it around.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't think that's the case.

If anything, he might have been worse right after they took the C away. That year was his second lowest point per game total between 99-00 and 14-15 when he was 38 by that time. Only his 57 points in 81 games in 02-03 was lower, excluding his first couple seasons when he was early 20's and playing 15 minutes a night.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Watching the replays of Elias games on msg now. Saw an interesting sight.

They had a faceoff where the puck left the ice surface. The game is from 03 I thought they stopped that like in 99. When did they stop that

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010

They had a faceoff where the puck left the ice surface. The game is from 03 I thought they stopped that like in 99. When did they stop that

It's amazing how old these games look, I know it's old but the broadcast makes it look so much older lol I was at this game too

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

That might have been one of the post 2005 lockout rule changes. Maybe it was late 2000's? I don't even remember. I know the TV timeout after an icing was stopped around 07-08 or 08-09. Before that, they would have a TV timeout for a schedule stoppage after an icing. Then they stopped that, because they thought it would give the team that iced the puck more of a disadvantage to immediately have to start play back up and stay on the ice, thus creating a better chance for a goal to happen.
It's amazing how old these games look, I know it's old but the broadcast makes it look so much older lol I was at this game too
I'm not watching it, but I know exactly what you mean.

In 2018, 2003 looks like what I thought 1985 looked like just a few years ago. 1995 looks like footage from the 70's at this point.

I remember them having a bunch of Niedermayer games when we retired his number in 2011-2012 and they showed a game from 2003 and I remember thinking ''This looks old already, that was only about 8.5 years ago!''. When they showed Patty taking the Devils franchise lead in points from March of 2009 last night, that even looks old now.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
That might have been one of the post 2005 lockout rule changes. Maybe it was late 2000's? I don't even remember. I know the TV timeout after an icing was stopped around 07-08 or 08-09. Before that, they would have a TV timeout for a schedule stoppage after an icing. Then they stopped that, because they thought it would give the team that iced the puck more of a disadvantage to immediately have to start play back up and stay on the ice, thus creating a better chance for a goal to happen.

I'm not watching it, but I know exactly what you mean.

In 2018, 2003 looks like what I thought 1985 looked like just a few years ago. 1995 looks like footage from the 70's at this point.

I remember them having a bunch of Niedermayer games when we retired his number in 2011-2012 and they showed a game from 2003 and I remember thinking ''This looks old already, that was only about 8.5 years ago!''. When they showed Patty taking the Devils franchise lead in points from March of 2009 last night, that even looks old now.

Crazy how far the game has come in play. I remember when power plays didn’t start in the o zone

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I also completely forgot about the two line pass rule lol It was always the first thing we would shut off when playing the video games lol

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Not sure if serious, but that was a silly meme at the time from some. He had 69 points in 75 games and like Bleed said he was worse the year after he lost the C. Comparing his numbers to '06 when he was more or less treated as the 'invisible C' anyway is faulty cause everyone's numbers were goosed in '06. If it was weighing on him then it's put Greene six feet under.

Doing it before a day of camp showed there was an agenda there.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
That 2006 game 1 playoff game, our fans did about 5 loud Rags suck chants within the opening two minutes.

Our fans were really charged up and rowdy that game and series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad